leg protection

Old September 19th 07, 12:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
fishinwheel

Default leg protection

I was wondering what recommendations people have for unicycling leg
protection. I am beginning to try unispins and crankflips and wanted to
get a few suggestions. I have a dx 24 and pedal bite can be nasty. I
would also like to keep the price reasonable while still getting
something that will do its job well and be semi-comfortable.

--
fishinwheel

Unicycle for Christ

\//\\/
(\_/)
O o
() this is long eared bunny. Copy him into your signature to help him
on his way to dominate the world with his flappy ears.
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 19th 07, 12:49 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

661 shin/knee guards. They are awesome, and you can find them on sites
for about 20 dollars.

They cover the back of your leg pretty well, not padding and stuff, but
enough to stop a lot of cuts. The front has foam with plastic inserts
over that that are great for impacts, and have saved my knee and shins
so many times.

According to a lot of people, the straps sucks, which is kinda true.
For me, I can get them on and off quickly, but, I have had some strips
rip off. They are easily sewn back on, but they can be just a small
annoyance.

You will get hot in them, and sweaty, but that is almost a guarantee
with all pads to wear. I don't notice how bad I get until I take them
off. =p

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 19th 07, 12:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tibluni

the kh shingards are really nice, and they cover almost all of the back
of your leg
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=994

--
tibluni
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 19th 07, 12:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
isaac steiner

go with 661s they are cheaper and they do the job, if you really wanted
you could mod your 661s

--
isaac steiner

*'Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/y6mftb)*

'*Quax*' (http://www.qu-ax.com/)
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 19th 07, 01:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
fishinwheel

Is it necessary to have pads that cover the back of you legs well or is
the front the most important.

--
fishinwheel

Unicycle for Christ

\//\\/
(\_/)
Old September 19th 07, 01:31 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tibluni

the majority of my pedal scrapes are on the back of my leg. i'd go with
some shengards than really cover the whole calf (like those kh ones )

--
tibluni
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 19th 07, 02:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maximus unius

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57165

http://tinyurl.com/2v9s6z

Did some searching for you, hope it helps, and next time do it
yourself

--
maximus unius

dunawan wrote:
usually always

http://www.usenet.com
Old September 19th 07, 04:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
NKahler

I just ordered 661s from

http://www.midwestbiketrials.com/store/index.php

for like $20
I would recommend buying these... but I havent gotten them yet so I can
really do that

--
NKahler

http://www.usenet.com
Old September 19th 07, 09:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UniGirl4

NKahler wrote:
I just ordered 661s from

http://www.midwestbiketrials.com/store/index.php

for like $20
I would recommend buying these... but I havent gotten them yet so I can
really do that

I think thats what I'm going to get, but shipping will be $18

--
UniGirl4

'My First Unicycle Video' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OihhQVHzH6c)
'MUni in Killbear' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q34YefuG5NY)
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 20th 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
NKahler

UniGirl4 wrote:
I think thats what I'm going to get, but shipping will be $18

Oh wow

Where I live it only cost like $3

--
NKahler

http://www.usenet.com

protection? uni4life_13 Unicycling 13 November 14th 06 12:48 PM
Protection? dye3 Unicycling 10 May 16th 06 03:29 AM
arm and leg protection Rickey Unicycling 1 August 14th 05 04:50 PM
leg protection.... really1113 Unicycling 15 April 12th 05 03:37 AM
Eye Protection Jim Roberts UK 14 June 18th 04 01:12 PM