Buff expert to the fore.

Old January 17th 06, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Buff expert to the fore.

Wife has just bought a "Buff" for the son (he is going to Italy, skiing,
on a school trip) however it is a "polar Buff" with a black band of
"knitted thermal cotton" as well as the patterned part seems (to me)
that the "polar Buff" can not be worn as a cap/bandanna/pirate hat etc.
.. Does anyone know what I am talking about can this "polar Buff" only
be worn as a scarf/snood type thing or an I missing something
fundamental? I suppose I could put up a link to a jpeg if it is really
necessary, but my description should let Buff experts know what I am
talking about.
--
This post contains no hidden meanings, no implications and certainly no
hidden agendas

Old January 17th 06, 04:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"soup" wrote in message
. ..

Wife has just bought a "Buff" for the son (he is going to Italy, skiing,
on a school trip) however it is a "polar Buff" with a black band of
"knitted thermal cotton" as well as the patterned part seems (to me)
that the "polar Buff" can not be worn as a cap/bandanna/pirate hat etc.
. Does anyone know what I am talking about can this "polar Buff" only
be worn as a scarf/snood type thing or an I missing something
fundamental? I suppose I could put up a link to a jpeg if it is really
necessary, but my description should let Buff experts know what I am
talking about.

See

http://www.buff.es/

Click on various links to see lots of pics as to how it can be worn.

Cheers, helen s

Old January 17th 06, 04:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"soup" wrote in message
. ..

Wife has just bought a "Buff" for the son (he is going to Italy, skiing,
on a school trip) however it is a "polar Buff" with a black band of
"knitted thermal cotton" as well as the patterned part seems (to me)
that the "polar Buff" can not be worn as a cap/bandanna/pirate hat etc.
. Does anyone know what I am talking about can this "polar Buff" only
be worn as a scarf/snood type thing or an I missing something
fundamental? I suppose I could put up a link to a jpeg if it is really
necessary, but my description should let Buff experts know what I am
talking about.

I have a polar buff and a normal buff. I've used mine as a neck scarf and as
a hat ... here is buffs own explanation ..

http://www.buff.es/default.cfm?catal...ilia=5&adult=1

Old January 17th 06, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

soup wrote:
Wife has just bought a "Buff" for the son (he is going to Italy, skiing,
on a school trip) however it is a "polar Buff" with a black band of
"knitted thermal cotton" as well as the patterned part seems (to me)
that the "polar Buff" can not be worn as a cap/bandanna/pirate hat etc.

Either you've got that wrong or Roos and I were Infinitely Cunning all
last week when we were using our Polar Buffs as bandannas/hats while
skiing... (I suspect the former)

Make up the bandanna in exactly the same way: turn inside out and pull
both ends through against one another. Aside from the whole lot being a
bit longer it works the same. For the hat, put the fleece tube over the
head, put a half twist onto the patterned bit and then turn it down over
the fleece.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Old January 17th 06, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

in message , soup
') wrote:

Wife has just bought a "Buff" for the son (he is going to Italy,
skiing, on a school trip) however it is a "polar Buff" with a black
band of "knitted thermal cotton" as well as the patterned part seems
(to me) that the "polar Buff" can not be worn as a cap/bandanna/pirate
hat etc.
. Does anyone know what I am talking about can this "polar Buff" only
be worn as a scarf/snood type thing or an I missing something
fundamental? I suppose I could put up a link to a jpeg if it is really
necessary, but my description should let Buff experts know what I am
talking about.

I've got both types; I find both equally useful and flexible. I often
wear my polar in 'russian hat mode' - i.e. standard buff skull-cap mode
with the fluffy bit turned up twice. You'll find there are many others.

;; Friends don't send friends HTML formatted emails.
Old January 17th 06, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

soup wrote:
Wife has just bought a "Buff" for the son (he is going to Italy,
let Buff experts know what I am talking about.

Thanks all, yes Peter I probably am wrong (I have never seen one of
these [PBs]before). I (he) will just have to experiment before he goes
,see what he likes, what he doesn't, etc. .

Old January 18th 06, 08:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Simon Brooke wrote:
in message , soup
') wrote:

Wife has just bought a "Buff" for the son (he is going to Italy,
skiing, on a school trip) however it is a "polar Buff" with a black
band of "knitted thermal cotton" as well as the patterned part seems
(to me) that the "polar Buff" can not be worn as a cap/bandanna/pirate
hat etc.
. Does anyone know what I am talking about can this "polar Buff" only
be worn as a scarf/snood type thing or an I missing something
fundamental? I suppose I could put up a link to a jpeg if it is really
necessary, but my description should let Buff experts know what I am
talking about.

I've got both types; I find both equally useful and flexible. I often
wear my polar in 'russian hat mode' - i.e. standard buff skull-cap mode
with the fluffy bit turned up twice. You'll find there are many others.

I find the peaked Buff, which has a squishy peak sewn into one end, a
very handy way of carrying a peak which can be used alone or added to
whatever else I'm wearing on my head. Very useful for spectacle
wearers in the rain.

--
Chris Malcolm +44 (0)131 651 3445 DoD #205
[

Polar Buff Keith Willoughby UK 6 October 3rd 05 11:44 AM
My daughter in the Buff Danny Colyer UK 6 March 18th 05 08:19 PM
17" 2001 JAMIS DAKAR Expert Frame. $145 [email protected] Marketplace 0 February 15th 05 03:21 PM
novice, intermediate, and expert munis phlegm Unicycling 5 December 23rd 04 04:31 AM
My 'Expert' DH debut. Michael Dart Mountain Biking 2 July 28th 03 10:53 PM