its happened again.

Old January 8th 06, 01:02 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Default its happened again.

Maybe I should keep quiet about this one.. so soon after a wonderful
weekend. But we shouldnt forget why we did amy;s ride and that wasnt
just for fun

Breaking news story from Wales
4 cyclists killed 8 people injured after a collision with a corolla.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_west/4592412.stm

Dave
Old January 8th 06, 10:49 PM posted to aus.bicycle

dave Wrote:
Maybe I should keep quiet about this one.. so soon after a wonderful
weekend. But we shouldnt forget why we did amy;s ride and that wasnt
just for fun

Breaking news story from Wales
4 cyclists killed 8 people injured after a collision with a corolla.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_west/4592412.stm

Dave

Oh fer fcuks sakes.
-
"Abergele councillor Richard Waters said: "Seeing cyclists on the road
is quite a common sight here because it is a lovely area."-

Sincerely hope this gets a proper investigation & due process is
followed

Huge thread on Cycling Plus forum:
http://www.cyclingplus.co.uk/forum/t...TOPIC_ID=85907

--
cfsmtb

Old January 8th 06, 11:20 PM posted to aus.bicycle

guess we are 'lucky' we dont get ice on our roads (apart from Falls
Creek Car park)

i must be in some post-holiday funk but I'm sure more than a dozen
drivers on my commute, waited, gave way, actually looked, or were just
plain courteous

and then I gets stuck in a bike-jam along collins St. musta been 25 of
us at every set of lights!!!

--
flyingdutch

Old January 8th 06, 11:30 PM posted to aus.bicycle

cfsmtb wrote:
dave Wrote:

Maybe I should keep quiet about this one.. so soon after a wonderful
weekend. But we shouldnt forget why we did amy;s ride and that wasnt
just for fun

Breaking news story from Wales
4 cyclists killed 8 people injured after a collision with a corolla.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_west/4592412.stm

Dave

Oh fer fcuks sakes.
-
"Abergele councillor Richard Waters said: "Seeing cyclists on the road
is quite a common sight here because it is a lovely area."-

Sincerely hope this gets a proper investigation & due process is
followed

Huge thread on Cycling Plus forum:
http://www.cyclingplus.co.uk/forum/t...TOPIC_ID=85907

Yeah.. so I see. And on uk.rec.cycling where a troll instantly turned
up and got torn to pieces by me

So sorry to bring this up. Decided not to go in to work today. Damm it
all.

Dave
Old January 8th 06, 11:32 PM posted to aus.bicycle

flyingdutch Wrote:
guess we are 'lucky' we dont get ice on our roads (apart from Falls
Creek Car park)

i must be in some post-holiday funk but I'm sure more than a dozen
drivers on my commute, waited, gave way, actually looked, or were just
plain courteous

and then I gets stuck in a bike-jam along collins St. musta been 25 of
us at every set of lights!!!

Euan had an accident in the UK on what was most likely ice. He overtook
someone in the middle lane of a 3 lane freeway and as he was pulling
back in front of them the car just lost it, spun 360 and ended up nose
into the crash barrier in the emergency lane. Horribly scary stuff.

It seems to are experiencing the new year pedolution Dutchy.

--
SuzieB

Old January 8th 06, 11:51 PM posted to aus.bicycle

I used to commute on a dodgy old mountain bike when I lived in London
and the ice was a nightmare. Would not want to be on an icy motorway on
2 or 4 wheels in any circumstances if i could avoid it.

SuzieB Wrote:
Euan had an accident in the UK on what was most likely ice. He overtook
someone in the middle lane of a 3 lane freeway and as he was pulling
back in front of them the car just lost it, spun 360 and ended up nose
into the crash barrier in the emergency lane. Horribly scary stuff.

It seems to are experiencing the new year pedolution Dutchy.

--
SEGFTG

Old January 9th 06, 12:00 AM posted to aus.bicycle

SuzieB wrote:
flyingdutch Wrote:

guess we are 'lucky' we dont get ice on our roads (apart from Falls
Creek Car park)

i must be in some post-holiday funk but I'm sure more than a dozen
drivers on my commute, waited, gave way, actually looked, or were just
plain courteous

and then I gets stuck in a bike-jam along collins St. musta been 25 of
us at every set of lights!!!

Euan had an accident in the UK on what was most likely ice. He overtook
someone in the middle lane of a 3 lane freeway and as he was pulling
back in front of them the car just lost it, spun 360 and ended up nose
into the crash barrier in the emergency lane. Horribly scary stuff.

It seems to are experiencing the new year pedolution Dutchy.

I have had a fall on diesel on a motorcycle. Totally unexpecter. I saw
the streak go under the tire in a corner, thought.. "I hope thats water'
and then was down. I have had falls on tram tracks, more than my share
from both motorcycles and pushbikes.

Tram tracks are our version of ice.. and like ice in the uk are mostly
predictable.. mostly. At least you can usually ensure if stuff goes
wrong you wont hurt anyone. (cept maybe you )

If the car starts to spin and is pointed in a safe direction you are
probably best jumping on the brakes and locking all 4 wheels. They will
only dodge in weird directions if a wheel finds traction. One area
where ABS falls down I expect. Most often in a slide ending in a crash
the driver overcorrects the first slide and crashes on the second.. ie
loses it the other way.

On a motorway (assuming it was busy) my first thought would be diesel.

I also had a spin on a racetrack on spilled coolant (which is actually
banned in race cars and which is sooooo much more slippery than any
other substance known to man

Its not that hard to lose control. The trick is to only do it where you
wont hit anything. Its not that hard to tell that ice might be around.
Rain and freezing temperatures are really good clues.

Dave

Like, Nothing Happened Joe King Racing 0 December 1st 05 02:37 AM
On the Whatever happened to topic... [email protected] Techniques 1 November 10th 04 06:21 PM
What happened to my ankle? MuniTune Unicycling 4 September 6th 04 10:02 PM
Other things that happened today Just zis Guy, you know? UK 5 June 9th 04 08:48 AM
What happened to the person learning on a Coker? Huthwaite Unicycling 10 April 23rd 04 11:06 PM