Johnny NoCom or Osama? Time to vote!

Old December 20th 04, 10:21 AM
Edward Dolan

"Kurt Fischer" wrote in message
.. .
skip wrote:

But on the other hand, it will be nice for arbr to be able get back to
business as usual.

"Business as usual!? You mean Ed D. versus Tom S. and the rest of all
the g.d. liberals?
To be honest, at the moment I find this game much more amusing. At least
it has peripherally to do with recumbents. ;-)\

It will only amuse you for a very short time. Single subjects are always
like that. The more you get into them, the less interesting they become.
Once over lightly is the best policy. I do not stay stuck on a single
subject for long, unlike so many others on this group, but instead I range
widely. In the long run, I am the more interesting and entertaining writer.

However, unlike Johnny NoCom, I am a fairly serious writer and reading too
much of me can lead to the mental doldrums. Even I get more depressed than
normal when I reread my postings to ARBR. I am best taken in small doses.
Read me when you are feeling cheerful and optimistic about life and you want
to be brought back to the basic realities - fearfulness, hatred and despair.
I am your doom and gloom guy.

Beware of those who are looking on the sunny side of life. They will only
lead you down a primrose path and at the end of that path will be ME and the
legions of Hell. It is far better to be depressed as that way your every
life expectation will be fulfilled in spades. I am NEVER disappointed
because I NEVER expect anything good. But it does get tiresome always being
so right about everything. It is almost God like! Mr. Sherman must be the
Devil because he is always so wrong about everything.

The liberals have largely been corralled and so I am now free to move on.
Look for diverse off topic postings from me in the near future. Of course, I
shall continue to never interfere with on topic postings. After all, that is
why I am here too - even if it is only 1 in 25 messages that interest me.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old December 20th 04, 10:57 AM
Tom Sherman

Edward Dolan wrote:

"skip" wrote in message

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message

skip wrote:

P.S. I don't know who Ambose Bierce is, but I'm convinced it would be
better not to know. So please - don't tell me.

See http://www.alcyone.com/max/lit/devils/.

--
Tom Sherman

I see your link with "devils" on the tail end of it. I'm not going there.
Funny how God is politically incorrect these days, but the Devil isn't.

skip

Skip, that is very wise of you. I too will NEVER go to a link unless I am
provided some very specific information about what I will find there. I do
not like surprises, pleasant or unpleasant. Mr. Sherman will often go to
considerable effort to provide a link, but that is never enough. A single
sentence or even a phrase about what is at the link will suffice, but "see"
is never enough.

The link is for an online version of Ambrose Bierce's "Devil's
Dictionary", a work that I would expect Mr. Dolan to be familiar with
(and would be in the collection of moat English language libraries).

--
Tom Sherman

Old December 20th 04, 11:44 AM
Edward Dolan

skip wrote:

[...]

would be in the collection of most English language libraries).

Everything I said above still applies. The fact is that many on this group
do not trust you because you have all too often engaged in Tom-foolery. So
that is the price you pay when you are not consistent in your demeanor. I am
more consistent than you and so I believe more trusted because I am more
predictable.

Here is how you should have introduced the link:

See this link for an online version of Ambrose Bierce's "Devil's
Dictionary."

The above intro. would have been perfect and everyone could then decide for
themselves whether they wanted to go to the link or not.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old December 20th 04, 01:51 PM
skip

skip wrote:

But on the other hand, it will be nice for arbr to be able get back to
business as usual.

"Business as usual!? You mean Ed D. versus Tom S. and the rest of all
the g.d. liberals?
To be honest, at the moment I find this game much more amusing. At least
it has peripherally to do with recumbents. ;-)

Kurt

That's right. We are only finding this amusing for the moment. Let's face
facts. Johnny NoCom is no Ed Dolan. And the brolies posting on arbr are
only amusing because they are taking this monkey business so seriously and
have such blood in their eye. From what I've seen in this little monkey
adventure Tom Sherman has more wit and style in his little finger than all
of them put together.

If Kamil (I think) or Bryan can demonstrate any financial loss because of
this I will be amazed and sympathetic. Until then it's monkey business.
And by the way, if anyone has the right to complain it should be Bacchetta
since the monkeys have been throwing banana peels at them from the moment
Bacchetta became successful. Bacchetta seems to handle this in good humor
and I doubt they will ever lose a single sale to a NoCom. My guess is that
any brolie or anyone else who is on an unstoppable quest to posses the
fastest bicycle in the known universe will have already bought his Aero. As
far as who and what is fastest we'll have to let HPV competition will sort
that out for those who care.

skip

Old December 20th 04, 03:08 PM
Kurt Fischer

skip wrote:

"Kurt Fischer" wrote in message
.. .

To be honest, at the moment I find this game much more amusing. At least
it has peripherally to do with recumbents. ;-)

That's right. We are only finding this amusing for the moment. Let's face
facts. Johnny NoCom is no Ed Dolan. And the brolies posting on arbr are
only amusing because they are taking this monkey business so seriously and
have such blood in their eye.

It's exactly the earnest in the replies I find amusing and amazing, not
Johnny NoCom himself. He's just a troll posting garbage to newsgroups
and I can't see a single reason for taking him serious. He used for a
while a faked email address pointing at BROL, but meanwhile he's changed
it and anyone who cares can clearly see there is no connection between
the BROL staff and the troll.

From what I've seen in this little monkey adventure Tom Sherman has more wit
and style in his little finger than all of them put together.

Yes, but don't forget: Tom is a wildlife creature, while the posters
over at BROL are tamed by belonging to a moderated forum. You have to
give up a certain amount of freedom for your comfort and your security.
Tom obviously knows Ed and some of the monkeys in real life, maybe this
helps him to understand better their motivations and behavior.

If Kamil (I think) or Bryan can demonstrate any financial loss because of
this I will be amazed and sympathetic. Until then it's monkey business.
And by the way, if anyone has the right to complain it should be Bacchetta
since the monkeys have been throwing banana peels at them from the moment
Bacchetta became successful. Bacchetta seems to handle this in good humor
and I doubt they will ever lose a single sale to a NoCom. My guess is that
any brolie or anyone else who is on an unstoppable quest to posses the
fastest bicycle in the known universe will have already bought his Aero. As
far as who and what is fastest we'll have to let HPV competition will sort
that out for those who care.

At the moment I see no financial loss, either for Kamil or Bryan, and
IMO they are well advised to follow Bacchetta's example and to handle
the affair in good humor too. The interest for BROL and probably also
the NoCom has reached a new high, and that's not a bad thing after all.
Of course there is the risk of a bad reputation, but anyone who is in
doubt can go over to BROL and read the facts. And the bad-mannered
DF-bashing is none to non-existent over there, partly due to the
moderation, which in this hindsight seems to be an advantage. But you
can't have them all.

And concerning the "fastest" bike: While the NoCom actually may be fast
on tracks and certain courses, it's in no way a bike for riding or
racing under "real life" conditions, there are a lot of (fast) bikes
better suited for this purpose. And after all, it's not the bike, it's
the rider, who is fast. ;-)

Kurt
Old December 20th 04, 04:04 PM
skip

skip wrote:

[...]

From what I've seen in this little monkey adventure Tom Sherman has more
[...]

All true. Especially your last paragraph. I don't want to sound
disparaging to the beloved recumbent brotherhood, but it has been my
observation over time that some of us (myself included) are hoping to
purchase speed rather than train for it.

skip

Old December 21st 04, 01:44 AM
Tom Sherman

skip wrote:

But on the other hand, it will be nice for arbr to be able get back to
business as usual.

"Business as usual!? You mean Ed D. versus Tom S. and the rest of all
the g.d. liberals?
To be honest, at the moment I find this game much more amusing. At least
it has peripherally to do with recumbents. ;-)

Kurt

That's right. We are only finding this amusing for the moment. Let's face
facts. Johnny NoCom is no Ed Dolan. And the brolies posting on arbr are
only amusing because they are taking this monkey business so seriously and
have such blood in their eye. From what I've seen in this little monkey
adventure Tom Sherman has more wit and style in his little finger than all
of them put together.

It is funny how one Monkey being deliberately silly and outrageous can
upset so many people.

If Kamil (I think) or Bryan can demonstrate any financial loss because of
this I will be amazed and sympathetic. Until then it's monkey business.
And by the way, if anyone has the right to complain it should be Bacchetta
since the monkeys have been throwing banana peels at them from the moment
Bacchetta became successful. Bacchetta seems to handle this in good humor
and I doubt they will ever lose a single sale to a NoCom. My guess is that
any brolie or anyone else who is on an unstoppable quest to posses the
fastest bicycle in the known universe will have already bought his Aero. As
far as who and what is fastest we'll have to let HPV competition will sort
that out for those who care.

I have the word of a certain Monkey that friendly overtures were made to
a key person at X-Eyed/Bacchetta, and that person was unfriendly in
return. This event occurred before any of the Monkey Island (or other
Internet forum) silliness started.

--
Tom Sherman

Old December 21st 04, 02:06 AM
Tom Sherman

skip wrote:

"Kurt Fischer" wrote in message
.. .
And concerning the "fastest" bike: While the NoCom actually may be fast
on tracks and certain courses, it's in no way a bike for riding or
racing under "real life" conditions, there are a lot of (fast) bikes
better suited for this purpose. And after all, it's not the bike, it's
the rider, who is fast. ;-)

Kurt

All true. Especially your last paragraph. I don't want to sound
disparaging to the beloved recumbent brotherhood, but it has been my
observation over time that some of us (myself included) are hoping to
purchase speed rather than train for it.

I will race anyone if I get a NoCom and they have to ride a Pashley
Classic 33 [1] towing this cargo trailer [2], both loaded with sand
ballast.

[1] http://www.pashley.co.uk/products/work/classic33/splash.html.
[2]
http://www.bikesatwork.com/bike-trailers/truss-bike-trailer/rubbermaid-roughtote-bins.jpg.

--
Tom "Unfair advantage" Sherman

Old December 21st 04, 02:10 AM
Tom Sherman

Kurt Fischer wrote:

Yes, but don't forget: Tom is a wildlife creature, while the posters
over at BROL are tamed by belonging to a moderated forum. You have to
give up a certain amount of freedom for your comfort and your security.
Tom obviously knows Ed and some of the monkeys in real life, maybe this
helps him to understand better their motivations and behavior....

To clarify; I know Ed Gin but do not know Ed Dolan in person.

--
Tom Sherman

Those willing to give up a little liberty for a little security deserve
neither security nor liberty. - Benjamin Franklin

Old December 21st 04, 02:15 AM
Mark Leuck

[...]

So I guess that means in some small way Bacchetta is responsible if anything
bad happens to them by a member of said Monkey Island forum member?

Saiz On Armstrong B. Lafferty Racing 25 July 4th 04 07:00 PM
Ghent Six Day Excursion Ilan Vardi Racing 8 November 30th 03 08:03 PM
Armstrong's Tour De France Time Trials Rik O'Shea Racing 33 November 6th 03 03:46 AM
RBR Retards hold my beer and watch this... Racing 17 September 4th 03 12:29 AM
TDF: Nantes Time Trial Viewing tebo13 Racing 1 July 24th 03 02:24 AM