Decanio Sounding Coherent

Old January 31st 05, 01:53 AM
Tim Lines

B Lafferty wrote:
stuff that I've snipped

Thanks Brian. I never would have found this. I don't read SU because I
find it generally uninteresting and lunatic fringe. He is talking about
himself and his own experiences here. I find that a lot more compelling
than generic indictments of the sport or even specific allegations about
other riders. I can see why he'd be frustrated and angry. I can even
see why he feels self-righteous.

I don't think he's dealt with this in the best way possible for him but
I don't think he's done the sport any harm. In the long run he may have
helped.
Old January 31st 05, 03:48 AM
Steven Bornfeld

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
Jim Flom wrote:

"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in message
groups.com...

Most of society is doping themselves,
be it with nicotine, caffeine, alcohol, marijuana, or other mood
altering substances.

And we all know that what is, is right.

But wait -- not so fast, Schnurgan.
The NSDUH survey in 2002 reported that 4.3% of the
U.S. population ages 12 and over had ever used ecstasy,
1.3% had used in the past year, and 0.3% had used in
the past month.

Patterns of Club Drug Use in the U.S., 2004

http://www.utexas.edu/research/cswr/...g-2004-web.pdf

Check out the table on page 7 and quit talking smack. And don't tell

me

Dumbass, you forgot coffee.

One small voice taking a stand? I guess M. L. King was a fanatic

too. The

only loser is the one who stands by and does nothing when evil is in

your

face.

Dumbass -

WTF are you talking about? I was referencing *all* drugs, not club
drugs.

BTW, Martin Luther King was trying to change culture in general, not a
subset of culture (example: bike racing).

A subset of culture cannot have substantially different values from the
culture in which it resides.

Then how do you explain the looks I used to get when me and my buds
used to waddle into redneck bars with our shaved legs and cleated shoes
after a ride?

Steve

Hence the delusion of DeCanio, Lafferty
and yourself.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Old January 31st 05, 04:19 AM
Jim Flom

"Steven Bornfeld" wrote in message

Then how do you explain the looks I used to get when me and my buds used
to waddle into redneck bars with our shaved legs and cleated shoes after a
ride?

'nuff said.

JF

Old January 31st 05, 08:00 AM
Kurgan Gringioni

Mark Fennell wrote:
"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote:
A subset of culture which draws its participants from a somewhat
diverse cross-section of the public...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
WTF? You make sense usually, but the statement above in reference to

bike
racing is ridiculous IMHO. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a

sport
with a more boringly homogenous slice of the public.

Dumbass -

Ya, but it's not likely that with fans of bike racing you'll get any
sort of consensus on general drug use in everyday life.

I was speaking more of a subset of culture that is united by their
ethic/moral outlook, like a religious group. The bike racing community
doesn't fit that mold: that's why you have crusaders like DeCanio and
the drug users all in the same subset.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Old January 31st 05, 08:31 AM
matabala

"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in message
ups.com...

Let me rephrase that:

A subset of culture which draws its participants from a somewhat
diverse cross-section of the public cannot have substantially different
values from the culture in which it resides.

The American Communist Party

Old January 31st 05, 10:46 AM
B Lafferty

"Steven Bornfeld" wrote in message
Then how do you explain the looks I used to get when me and my buds

used to waddle into redneck bars with our shaved legs and cleated shoes
after a ride?

Steve

It take a real man to wear Lycra.

Old January 31st 05, 05:51 PM
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS

B Lafferty wrote:

"Steven Bornfeld" wrote in message

Then how do you explain the looks I used to get when me and my buds

used to waddle into redneck bars with our shaved legs and cleated shoes
after a ride?

Steve

It take a real man to wear Lycra.

I guess I must be a girlie man.

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Old January 31st 05, 06:43 PM
Carl Sundquist

"B Lafferty" wrote in message
Then how do you explain the looks I used to get when me and my buds

used to waddle into redneck bars with our shaved legs and cleated shoes
after a ride?

Steve

It take a real man to wear Lycra.

I thought real men wear wool

Old January 31st 05, 07:08 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

Let me rephrase that:

A subset of culture which draws its participants from a somewhat
diverse cross-section of the public cannot have substantially

different
values from the culture in which it resides.

The American Communist Party

Dumbass -

See my reply to Fennell.

Old January 31st 05, 07:11 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

Steven Bornfeld wrote:

Dumbass -

WTF are you talking about? I was referencing *all* drugs, not club
drugs.

BTW, Martin Luther King was trying to change culture in general,

not a
subset of culture (example: bike racing).

A subset of culture cannot have substantially different values from

the
culture in which it resides.

Then how do you explain the looks I used to get when me and my buds
used to waddle into redneck bars with our shaved legs and cleated

shoes
after a ride?

Dumbass -

Bike racers are not united on opinion. Lycra-wearing, perhaps.

There are bike racers who are vehemently opposed to doping. There are
also Masters Fatties who take amphetamines before group training rides.
thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Decanio Names More Names [email protected] Racing 44 February 4th 05 02:34 AM
DeCanio to Sierra Nevada? macker1515 Racing 12 December 17th 04 10:42 AM
Decanio loses it again kaiser Racing 4 November 4th 04 03:47 PM
Decanio loses it again kaiser Racing 0 November 4th 04 04:44 AM
Is Vegas taking bets on how long till Decanio gets sued? CowPunk Racing 0 October 13th 04 12:56 AM