skinsuit anyone?

Old November 1st 04, 09:38 PM
Roger Zoul

Badger_South wrote:
|| On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:51:28 -0500, Jeff Starr
|| wrote:
||| That sounds like a compliment to me. Nobody ever mistakes me for a
||| superhero;-)
||| Life is Good!
||| Jeff
|| Well, first of all, while my wife says 'nice legs', as a cyclist, I
|| totally suck. lol
|| Better to look good than be good, as Billy Crystal used to say (NOT!)
|| Plus think 6 y.o. kid - compliment? Think 'Halloween' tomorrow. He
|| probably meant 'cartoon character'. Actually I think he said 'looks
|| like a'.
|| -B
|| Working on a stylish lycra/spandex cape...

Capes are a liability in the superhero business. They get stuck in/on
things....

Old November 1st 04, 09:42 PM
Roger Zoul

Badger_South wrote:
||| Embarassing, hell. That's one of the reasons I wear the things.
||| --Blair
||| "Why yes, son, I *am* a superhero."
|| Not if you totally still suck as a cyclist, like me.
|| Imagine there was an -actual- cyclist there, and heard that said
|| about an obvious newbie. ;-D
|| -B
|| Oh, the horror...

Badge -- you have to remember that most normal on-cycling folks won't know
what it means to be good at cycling....so you can totally fake that off.
Heck, most people will assume that you're a good cycling just because you
look like a peacock!

Old November 2nd 04, 04:07 AM
Blair P. Houghton

Anyways, looking like a superhero - there could be worse things. I
remember one of those anti-bike columnists once sneering about how
cyclists imagine themselves being LANCE ARMSTRONG. Well, there could
be worse things to aspire to. Better that than aspiring to be an
overweight, slobby couch potato!

I don't want to be Lance Armstrong. His arms are too skinny.

--Blair
"Now, all the rest of his existence,
I suppose I can aspire to."
Old November 2nd 04, 03:38 PM
Badger_South

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 03:07:51 GMT, Blair P. Houghton wrote:

wrote:
Anyways, looking like a superhero - there could be worse things. I
remember one of those anti-bike columnists once sneering about how
cyclists imagine themselves being LANCE ARMSTRONG. Well, there could
be worse things to aspire to. Better that than aspiring to be an
overweight, slobby couch potato!

I don't want to be Lance Armstrong. His arms are too skinny.

--Blair
"Now, all the rest of his existence,
I suppose I can aspire to."

Man if you saw me, you'd say, 'man, that dude could -never- ride a bike'.
Look at that upperbody, how could he climb?

Well, in some ways you'd be right, b/c I suck at riding fast and at
climbing.

My goal is to reduce the size of my arms to just under 17", and still be
tight and low sub-cutaneous fat...

If you haven't, check out his arms during the triathlon phase. Now for the
rec. rider, there is a physique to aspire to. :-)

-B