Know what I like about season over

Old September 15th 04, 12:18 PM

Default Know what I like about season over

Dame rear wheel was out of true and slowing me down.
Brake rub man. Remember I do all my own wrenching but truing. So bring
the wheel to the LBS, when you want it back today or tomorrow he ask.
What ever and goes down the steps and say you an hang out. Didn't even
get to look over the show room floor and my wheel is back in my hands. I
say how much. He says we charge $12.00- $18.00 but since you took the
tire and tube off how is $6.00. Now thats just great I don't
have to make a return tirp at a later time and I can get the bike back
together and don't have to hear the wife bitch the bike is in her
way. So everyone comes out of this HAPPY

I MTB 2004

Old September 16th 04, 06:20 AM
Phil, Squid-in-Training

get to look over the show room floor and my wheel is back in my hands. I
say how much. He says we charge $12.00- $18.00 but since you took the
tire and tube off how is $6.00.

Uh... who needs to take the tire and tube off to true a wheel?

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old September 16th 04, 06:28 AM
Slacker

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 05:20:25 GMT, Phil, Squid-in-Training =

wrote:

get to look over the show room floor and my wheel is back in my hands=

.. I
say how much. He says we charge $12.00- $18.00 but since you took the=

tire and tube off how is $6.00.

Uh... who needs to take the tire and tube off to true a wheel?

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

That's how the *Pros* do it ;-)

-- =

Slacker
Old September 16th 04, 02:27 PM
Dave

"Phil, Squid-in-Training" wrote in message m...
get to look over the show room floor and my wheel is back in my hands. I
say how much. He says we charge $12.00- $18.00 but since you took the
tire and tube off how is $6.00.

Uh... who needs to take the tire and tube off to true a wheel?

The dude with an old school dish gauge who cares enough to make sure
the job is done right? See the picture at the bottom of

http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/wag.shtml

Dave D.

HED H3 TRI-SPOKE WHEELSET FOR SALE... USED FOR 1 SEASON redlab Marketplace 0 March 9th 04 01:54 AM
Snowdon season closes... \(t'other\) Dave Mountain Biking 12 February 21st 04 03:06 PM
Watch out - its silly season on the roads Spider1977 Australia 14 December 27th 03 07:27 AM
Front blowout Bob Shanteau Techniques 88 November 21st 03 08:37 PM
Lance's fall season Heinz Getzler Racing 4 July 31st 03 03:42 PM