'Driver knocked me off my bike and asked me to pay for damage to door mirror

Old November 21st 20, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default 'Driver knocked me off my bike and asked me to pay for damage to door mirror

QUOTE:
Sam Spinks cycles in Abingdon and Oxford on his £2,000 Marin Hybrid.

The keen cyclist said following a collision, in which he was knocked off his bike, the car driver asked for contact details and then demanded hundreds of pounds to pay for damage to his door mirror.

Mr Spinks added: “I then asked him if he had contacted his insurance to say he had hit an oncoming cyclist while driving on the wrong side of the road. He hung up and never contacted me again.”

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/18...share-stories/