Protecting your saddle?

Old August 3rd 06, 06:38 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
firisfirefly

Default Protecting your saddle?

Alright, so I know which uni I'm getting... now I have to ask, for
learners, what's a good temporary way to protect your saddle? I'd
rather not destroy it if I can avoid it, what's a good way to protect
it temporarily when I know I'm going to be falling a lot?

--
firisfirefly
firisfirefly's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12818

Old August 3rd 06, 06:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

What kind of saddle? KH/Velo? Torker LX? Something else?

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Dirty Muni
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

Old August 3rd 06, 06:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

I'm guessing it will be the KH saddle that comes on the nimbus 2 uni
from UDC

--
mornish

UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF TOO

trials_uni wrote:
Where did you hear that Bedford unis are not strong? They are the best
thing since sliced bread!!

Old August 3rd 06, 06:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
firisfirefly

mornish wrote:
maybe put duct tape on the front handle and back bumper. that might help
a bit. other than that, try learning in a gym or in a carpeted area.
also, practise catching the uni when you fall.

Haha, that's what I figured. I'm going to be practicing inside on the
carpet before I move onto the concrete, so I'll be doing a lot of
attempted catches.

Old August 3rd 06, 06:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Riding on carpet kinda sucks, like sometimes it grabs the tire and pulls
you down, its a lot smoother on concrete. Practice to catch your uni on
all fall, but your uni will get scratched up anyways, and from tiny
falls from learning, everything will be fine.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)

Old August 3rd 06, 06:48 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

If your worried about actually breaking the seat, don't worry, their is
almost no chance you'll break the bumpers for a lllooooooooooooonnng
time.

--
mornish

UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF TOO

Old August 3rd 06, 06:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
firisfirefly

mornish wrote:
If your worried about actually breaking the seat, don't worry, their is
almost no chance you'll break the bumpers for a lllooooooooooooonnng
time.

Okay, awesome. Anything else I should worry about?

Old August 3rd 06, 06:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

you might want to purchase 'these'
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=923) for your pedals.
they help keep them from getting scratched, and eventually broken.
thsts only if the pedals are metal though. if their plastic your fine.

--
mornish

UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF TOO

Old August 3rd 06, 06:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
firisfirefly

mornish wrote:
you might want to purchase 'these'
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=923) for your pedals.
they help keep them from getting scratched, and eventually broken.

Inexpensive and protective. I can definately deal with that. I'll get
these when I buy my Nimbus, then.

Old August 3rd 06, 06:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

your getting the 24" nimbus right?

--
mornish

UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF TOO

trials_uni wrote:
Where did you hear that Bedford unis are not strong? They are the best
thing since sliced bread!!

Protecting your saddle? firisfirefly Unicycling 0 August 3rd 06 06:43 AM
Has anyone tried this saddle? MilkParrot Unicycling 18 March 18th 06 12:43 PM
Ongoing Saddle Height Adjustment and Results Michael J. Klein Techniques 8 October 1st 04 03:34 AM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM
protecting saddle + post from theft? Sanjay Punjab General 13 August 8th 03 02:27 PM