Unicycling-specific shorts

Old August 3rd 07, 06:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kerosian

Default Unicycling-specific shorts

Hey all,
I need a nice project to do and was wondering if Uni-specific shorts
would be in order. I've got a couple of ideas, and would like to have
others submit their own.
Here's mine:
1.Made of a durable material, possibly 1000D Cordura Nylon
2.Highly reinforced seams with durable nylon thread
3.Longer than typical shorts, so when you're riding they don't come up
above the knee
4.Adjustable waist with clips instead of buttons/zippers
5.Zip up pockets only on the side, must not rub/chafe
6.Decent colors (I was thinking OD Green and Black)
7.Well ventilated, without compromising coverage

Discuss away!

--
kerosian

Farmdale Freeride race Sept. 29th&30th
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 3rd 07, 06:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

I always wondered why not just have that comfortable stuff already *in*
the saddle, so you can just wear regular old shorts!

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 3rd 07, 06:48 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kerosian

these shorts will be durable and protective, not so much on the
comfortable side

Old August 3rd 07, 07:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
torkerdx

kerosian wrote:
Hey all,
I need a nice project to do and was wondering if Uni-specific shorts
would be in order. I've got a couple of ideas, and would like to have
others submit their own.
Here's mine:
1.Made of a durable material, possibly 1000D Cordura Nylon
2.Highly reinforced seams with durable nylon thread
3.Longer than typical shorts, so when you're riding they don't come up
above the knee
4.Adjustable waist with clips instead of buttons/zippers
5.Zip up pockets only on the side, must not rub/chafe
6.Decent colors (I was thinking OD Green and Black)
7.Well ventilated, without compromising coverage

Discuss away!

i don't know... i get a long life out of my shorts. whats the point.
K1 already has some. nobody but the old rich people would probably buy
them. or the younger rich people. i fail to see the point when i
never have had any problam with my shorts except after riding for mayn
many hours in them.

--
torkerdx

gordito8me wrote:
it's like running across the highway at rush hour. Dangerous, stupid,
but not really that fun.

Unicaw89 wrote:
Koxx rapes Torker hard!

skianduniaddict wrote:
never give 4 teenagers a camera... they go crazy

johnfoss wrote:
Yes, being old makes you stupid.

http://www.usenet.com
Old August 3rd 07, 07:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kerosian

I beat my shorts up, but if no one wants them, I'll just make some for
myself and give you a report on it.

Old August 3rd 07, 07:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
NKahler

The only problem i have when wearing shorts is they come up a bunch and
people see my underwear

So i would probably buy them if it prevented that

--
NKahler

______________________________
Check out some of my stuff!

http://nkahler.deviantart.com/
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 3rd 07, 08:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Beener

I was going to start sewing up some shorts just like this a while back
and couldn't get anyone super interested in the project. I would be
interested in helping design, sewing and over-all representaion of the
idea. If you end up going forward with this, I will buy 2 pairs for
sure. If you would like to talk about design or production, email me at
and I can share my ideas and lend a hand.

Contrary to the comments made here, people need, want and would wear
this type of product for sure. The
sew-your-boxers-to-your-shorts-so-you-can-wear-them-to-your-knees crowd
always feel that jeans and dirty t-shirt are fine for everything,
including unicycling in 35c (100f) heat. Some of our wife's and GF's
don't think stinky SWAG is attractive.

--
Beener

Unicycle for Pic-a-Pop!!
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 3rd 07, 09:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

kerosian wrote:
I beat my shorts up, but if no one wants them, I'll just make some for
myself and give you a report on it.

yeah, do that. then people will be more interested and I'll be nice to
see what they look like

--
thejdw

kington99 wrote:
A hobnob is an oaty biscuit, the fact that they don't exist in america
just goes to show that you have no culinary heritage

http://www.usenet.com
Old August 4th 07, 01:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

Two recommendations:

- Start by defining the specific problem. People on here will direct
you toward shorts designed for Trials or similar forms of riding. If
you want road shorts your needs will be different.

- Then work from the best pair of bike shorts you can find, making
changes to make them better-suited to unicycling. "Best" should not be
a factor of price; better to base it on something that works for you,
or for a bunch of people you know. Some of my favorite bike shorts over
the years have been cheapies (from Performance Bike).

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"pretty much every trail that we've done on the California or Moab Muni
weekends is an XC trail." -- Kris Holm, on XC from a North Shore point
of view
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 4th 07, 02:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kerosian

these will be an outer short, not a cycling short, and I'm suiting them
for MUni, because I have most experience with MUni.