It's Tuesday

Old November 17th 11, 12:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
BL[_2_]

Default It's Tuesday

On 11/16/2011 3:53 PM, Brad Anders wrote:
On Nov 15, 5:46 pm, wrote:
On 11/15/2011 7:34 PM, Jimmy July wrote:

On 11/15/2011 8:11 AM, William R. Mattil wrote:
On 11/15/2011 8:02 AM, BL wrote:
On 11/15/2011 8:36 AM, Brad Anders wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/arms...-for-federal-b...

Looks like Laff's Tuesday may be coming soon. Or not.

Up to $5 million for his defense team thus far. I've seen other
estimates of $3 to $3.5 million. Regardless, that's a lot of money for a
guy who has nothing to hide.

What an idiot .....

You better than anyone should know that this is simply legalized
extortion.

No, BL has been consistent in saying that N-1 out of N of all people
investigated by grand juries are guilty. The fact that there is an
investigation proves guilt.

I have never said that. There was a prosecutor in New York state who
once told a jury during summation that the state does not indict
innocent people--but, that was reversed on appeal.

I can understand any target of a gj investigation lawyering up. But this
amount of lawyering up is extraordinary for a person who has done no wrong.

Another possibility is that LA may believe that support for this case
by the FDA is poor, and that by publicizing that he's put together a
high-end legal team and will tooth-and-nail against the feds, he'll
get Novitzky's bosses to drop this case and head for greener pastures
- e.g. the dozens and dozens of food contamination cases out there for
the picking. Given that no knowledge of any "smoking gun" evidence in
this case has been revealed, perhaps this silence from the feds is an
indication they're letting it die.

This is far, far beyond being an FDA investigation. Even if it wasn't, I
interpret this kind of expenditure for legal services by a person
claiming to be innocent of any wrongdoing to be a total disconnect.

BTW, again, I think LA doped, that Postal doped and used sponsorship
money for dope, just like all the other top GC riders and other teams
were/are doing. I just don't think that in the case of LA, anyone is
going to be able to prove it in court and get convictions. I'd rather
see Novitzky and the FDA working on cases that have more significance
to the majority of citizens.

Old November 17th 11, 12:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
BL[_2_]

On 11/16/2011 5:54 PM, atriage wrote:
On 16/11/2011 20:53, Brad Anders wrote:

BTW, again, I think LA doped, that Postal doped and used sponsorship
money for dope, just like all the other top GC riders and other teams
were/are doing. I just don't think that in the case of LA, anyone is
going to be able to prove it in court and get convictions. I'd rather
see Novitzky and the FDA working on cases that have more significance
to the majority of citizens.

These are all clearly valid statements and if I was a USAian I'd be
****ing outraged at the money the Feds are spending trying to nail the
Patron Saint of Cancer. However relatively new as I am here I've already
realised that there is zero chance of BL ever grasping the sheer
dopeyness of the Feds actions.

Perhaps, but I do grasp the dopiness of posters such as you.
Old November 17th 11, 02:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Phil H

On 11/15/2011 8:02 AM, BL wrote:
[...]

Not really, if you look at it from a purely financial aspect; what is
the potential return on investment versus financial loss if found
guilty?
On a more personal level, you of all people shouldn't be questioning
overuse of resources for an arguably questionable quest. Of course, an
obsessive personality motive is far less attractive to you than your
implication of guilt.
Phil H
Old November 17th 11, 03:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/arms...federal-battle

Looks like Laff's Tuesday may be coming soon. Or not.

Up to $5 million for his defense team thus far. I've seen other
estimates of $3 to $3.5 million. Regardless, that's a lot of money for a
guy who has nothing to hide.

Are your sources better informed than pro cyclists in
California? I mean, you're not very picky about your
sources and are apparently immune to detecting whether
or not you are being jerked off.

Old November 17th 11, 03:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On 11/15/2011 8:02 AM, BL wrote:
[...]

You seem to think that only a guilty person with something to hide
would spend that much money on their defense, whereas I (and I assume
many others) are thinking an innocent man with a lot to lose would
hire the best attorneys as well. Not that I'm saying LA is innocent,
but he sure as hell has a lot to lose, and he has the resources to
fight the as yet to be filed charges.
Old November 17th 11, 05:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour[_2_]

On Nov 16, 9:32 pm, Phil H wrote:

Not really, if you look at it from a purely financial aspect; what is
the potential return on investment versus financial loss if found
guilty?

On more immediate motives, his Little Dutch Boy legal team stuck their
collective finger in the dike's "leaks". This has kept LANCE out of
the news. It's no fun for Nowitsky if he has to play by the rules and
his name isn't in the papers.

Old November 17th 11, 01:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
BL[_2_]

On 11/15/2011 8:02 AM, BL wrote:
[...]

I quite happy that Lance is supporting members of the defense bar and
their firms.
Old November 17th 11, 01:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
BL[_2_]

On 11/17/2011 12:26 AM, RicodJour wrote:
On Nov 16, 9:32 pm, Phil wrote:

Not really, if you look at it from a purely financial aspect; what is
the potential return on investment versus financial loss if found
guilty?

On more immediate motives, his Little Dutch Boy legal team stuck their
collective finger in the dike's "leaks". This has kept LANCE out of
the news. It's no fun for Nowitsky if he has to play by the rules and
his name isn't in the papers.

Not likely. If they alleged that Georgie had his grand jury testimony
leaked they only managed to make themselves look like fools. If you
watched 60 Minutes, you know why.
Old November 17th 11, 01:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
BL[_2_]

On 11/15/2011 8:02 AM, BL wrote:
[...]

That's a matter of opinion. I've got two friends in the federal criminal
defense bar who find it quite amusing that Armstrong has lawyered up to
the tune of $3 to $5 million, pre-indictment. I doubt that Thom has
lawyered up to that extent. The only reason Armstrong may have retained
all of these guys might be to prevent any of his co-defendants from
retaining them. However, a simple consultation would have the same effect.
Old November 17th 11, 01:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steve Freides[_2_]

Scott wrote:

[...]

Stop making rational statements - this is r.b.r.

-S-