MUni Weekend T-shirt slogan ideas

Old September 29th 03, 07:59 PM
johnfoss

Default MUni Weekend T-shirt slogan ideas

The 2003 California Mountain Unicycle Weekend T-shirts (and sweatshirts)
are going to be committed to the printer's in the next few days. The
shirts will be some shade of green, with the California state flag on
the front. Here's an example of the flag, with some early draft text
underneath (see below).

The only difference in the flag will be that the bear will be on a
unicycle (John Hooten artwork). Then it will say something like
"California Mountain Unicycle Weekend, Rockville, Auburn, Downieville -
2003" and possibly a silly quote or phrase at the bottom. I'm looking
for phrase ideas. Here are our quotes or phrases from the past:

1996 - No shirt
1997 - "Let's Get Dirty!" For the powdery dirt of Northstar
1998 - "No brakes, no gears, no handlebars, no problem"
1999 - "No, we're not practicing for the circus"
2000 - "Dirt: It's not just for breakfast anymore"
2001 - "1 x 1 Off Road"
2002 - "2002 One-Wheeled Cruz" (Santa Cruz)

Here are some of my (and Jacquie's) silly ideas. Please comment, or add
your own:

- What our new flag should look like
- Does a bear MUni in the woods?
- Unicycle Republic
- MUni Republic
- No, our state is not practicing for the circus
- Our state doesn't mess around
- Wheel be back (funny if Arnold S. wins the election)

Which ones do you like? Others? You only have a day or two to respond
and have your ideas possibly get used...

| Attachment filename: bkgnd_test.gif |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/164709|

johnfoss - Now riding to work

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"In three months or so, he won't be doing that any more." -- Kris Holm's
cousin Derek, 13, on Kris' unicycling now that he's married

Old September 29th 03, 08:24 PM
paco

I agree. I don't think we need a slogan. A picture is worth a thousand
words. If I do come up with something clever, however, I'll let you
know.

--
paco - Proud owner of 2 opposable thumbs

Here is Luke doing a bit of off-road hand wheel-walking on an eccentric
impossible kangaroo.
-mike.hinson
paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715

Old September 29th 03, 08:40 PM
jagur

thats a pretty "red" image logo,why not just put a hammer and sickle by
that star?

Governer Red Davis would like that too...

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-searching for the real one wheel deal,the one that wont but will...
all i ask is one rotation,on this vision of singular creation...-[image:
http://newserver.unicyclist.com/gall...x_flipped.gif]

Old September 30th 03, 03:53 AM
myocardial

"No, the missing wheel is not due to budget cuts"

maybe only funny if you work in state job or education.

maybe not funny even if you do.

ok I'm going to cry now.

matt

--
myocardial - Tattooed One Wheeler

Matt Wilhelm
Illustrated One Wheeler
Santa Barbara Unicycle Club

http://www.sbuni.org
myocardial's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3468

Old October 1st 03, 06:12 AM
Jester2000

myocardial wrote:
*"No, the missing wheel is not due to budget cuts"
*

I like that!

-Jess

--
Jester2000 - Can't wait for MUni weekend!!

'[image: http://www.teendanceclub.com/images/jester_trans.gif]'
(http://www.jester.tk)
Check out my website :-)
'Unicycle Jester' (http://www.jester.tk)
Jester2000's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3662

Old October 1st 03, 06:37 AM
Checkernuts

If anything I would say Fewer Words are better than too many.

The Logo Speaks for itself.

--
Checkernuts - Me Fail English? That's Unpossible

No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
to do it right. H20
Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801

Old October 1st 03, 09:25 AM
GILD

johnfoss wrote:
*- Wheel be back (funny if Arnold S. wins the election)
*

too funny

--
GILD - Waffle-tosser

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the
silence of our friends.
-- Martin Luther King Jr.

'this will only take a minute...(fixed)'
(http://www.burmacampaign.org.uk/actions/un.htm)
'and while u're in a good-deed-doing-mood...'
(http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com.)

JUST SAY 'KNOW'!

Namaste!
Dave

Old October 1st 03, 07:01 PM
johnfoss

myocardial wrote:
*"No, the missing wheel is not due to budget cuts"*

It's too bad we will have to make our order in the next day or two,
before knowing the outcome of our recall craziness. We'll have to order
less than a week before the election. Oh well...

Budget cuts is funny, but doesn't fit the major arguments in the current
situation. Most are complaining about too much spending without
equivalent income, while others are complaining stuff like "It's not
fair" while implying everything's fine. Uh, I don't want to turn this
into a political discussion!

Looks like we're going to go with no slogan this year. I agree with the
first two respondants; none needed!

Old October 2nd 03, 08:27 PM
johnfoss

"Calf-forming Republic" is a great one! It doesn't really match our
cartoony-looking bear though. He looks like a more casual rider.

Anyway, the T-shirts have been ordered, and I decided on no slogan to
keep it a nice, clean design. Just the flag, with bear on unicycle, and
below the flat it will say:

Mountain Unicycle Weekend
Rockville - Auburn - Granite Bay - Downieville - 2003

Shirt color will be a pale green, as in the draft image I posted
earlier. I would have liked to use a darker green, but to print the
large area of white and not have it be a giant wind barrier, our printer
recommended doing it as a dot pattern. This will look better on a
lighter-colored shirt.

I ordered less than last year, so if you want one ($20 shipped within
the U.S.), don't wait too long!

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Old October 2nd 03, 08:52 PM
JJuggle

johnfoss wrote:
*I ordered less than last year, so if you want one ($20 shipped within
the U.S.), don't wait too long.*

Can I order one even if I'm not coming? What sizes are available?

Thanks,
Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

--
JJuggle - Last of the Dogmato-Revisionists

An additional 1.7 million Americans slipped into official poverty last
year, ground down by the pernicious joblessness that remains the most
salient fact of the economic recovery. - The New York Times, 9/30/03
JJuggle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/24