Speed Cameras vs. Red Light Cameras

Old April 27th 11, 02:06 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher[_2_]

Default Speed Cameras vs. Red Light Cameras

On Apr 27, 12:48 am, s jennings wrote:
Numbers do lie. This article, and more if you just look, show that
the UK statistics are bogus and deliberately incomplete :http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/26/2638.aspThis video is also
informativehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADj_lnKVRhE

It's all about the money and not at all about safety.

The data above indicates that speed is only to blame for 7% of
accidents, which sound rather fishy.

Well, they seem to be doing a good job Down Under...

"The use of cameras to enforce speeding has proven road safety
benefits. An independent evaluation of the NSW fixed speed camera
program found that at sites where speed cameras have been installed
there has been a 70 per cent reduction in speeding resulting in a 90
per cent decline in fatalities and a 23 per cent reduction in
injuries."

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadsafety...ras/index.html

Maybe we question too the reliability and purpose of DUI prosecution
as being the greatest scam of them all. You think MADD is about
reducing deaths? No, it's all about money too!

Case No: 8254XEE
Police allegedly saw a car driving 76mph in a 45mph zone. The officer
tried to pull over the car but it took about ten blocks to pull over.
The officer then observed signs of impairment of the driver. The
client was then offered roadside test with they failed. The driver was
then arrested for DUI and the officer offered a breath test which was
refused.
The defense filed and argued motions that were denied. We moved
forward and took the case to a jury trial where our client was found
not guilty.

http://southfloridadui.com/topics/recentvictories.html

***

Clearly guilty but a good lawyer --and the proper amount of cash-- can
you get out of trouble. DUI's are bad but I bet talking on the phone
causes more deaths. This is a political issue, where the politicians
are afraid to **** off drivers who are after all voters.

This is my point folks, THE WHOLE TRAFFIC SYSTEM NEEDS AN OVERHAUL.