How to tell if you're a militant cyclist (psycholist)

Old March 8th 12, 08:02 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
Doug[_3_]

Default Drink driver banned after being caught four times the limit

On Mar 5, 3:22*am, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:

A MAN has been put off the road after he was caught drink driving more
than four times the legal alcohol limit.

Gordon Edmond, 59, had been driving along Wellgrove Road, Westhill, on
September 2, 2010.

Edmond admitted the drink driving offence and that he had 144
microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millitres of breath – which exceeded
the legal limit of 35mcg.

Sheriff Annella Cowan placed the drink driver on a community payback
order and ordered him to carry out 100 hours of unpaid work.

Edmond, whose address was listed in Aberdeen Sheriff Court papers as
27 Grampian Mobile Homes, Elrick, was also disqualified from driving
for three years and was ordered to be of good behaviour for six months
following the drink driving offence.

David Maughan was banned from driving for two-and-a-half-years after
he was caught drink driving.

Maughan, 56, admitted drink driving in on Rowan Drive and Eigie Road
Balmedie on July 1, last year.

Aberdeen Sheriff Court heard Maughan, whose address was given in court
papers as 20 Eigie Avenue, Balmedie, was caught with 105mcg of alcohol
in 100ml of breath – exceeding the legal limit of 35mcg.

Sheriff Graeme Napier disqualified Maughan from driving for two-and-a-
half years and ordered him to pay a Ł900 fine for the drink driving
offence

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/2645729

The shame is he will be allowed back on our roads after a relatively
short interval, to pose a threat again to others, and his punishment
is derisory as usual.

-- .
A driving licence is sometimes a licence to kill.

Old March 8th 12, 10:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 07/03/2012 18:53, Tris wrote:
In JNugent
wrote:

On 07/03/2012 16:29, Tris wrote:
In post

Simon wrote:

On Mar 6, 1:27 pm, wrote:
Spare bulbs, warning triangle, first aid kit, fire extinguisher,
fluoroescent jacket for each person inside the car, V5 document,
driving licence, passport, evidence of insurance/green card,
international driving permit and visa (for some countries), spare
glasses, in some countries outside the EU a GB 'sticker' is required
even if you have euro-plates, so it is always safer to display one,
adjust the beam pattern to suit driving on the right so that the
dipped beam doesn't dazzle oncoming drivers, the use or possession of
devices to detect police radar is illegal in most European countries,
some require winter tyres at certain times of the year in which case a
minimum tread depth of 3mm is generally required (the Czech Republic
now requires 4mm), snow chains are important for any winter motoring
and compulsory in some countries even when using winter tyres,
motorway vignettes, road tolls and certain border entry taxes.

--
Simon Mason

and working windscreen wipers for fixed windshields, I believe. :-)- Hide quoted text -

I had a bit of a daft moment recently.
I replaced the wiper blades on the 159 as they were worn out.
After I fitted them, I was concerned that they made a loud noise when
in use and also left big patches of screen untouched.

After a couple of weeks I realised that I had left the end protector
tabs on!

I bought some wiper blades from Halfords very recently. When the
check-out girl asked if I wanted them fitted, I answered that I would,
please. She then said that would be an extra Ł2.99. So I said, not to
worry and that I fit them myself.

After battling away for about half an hour in the car park, I went back
in and paid the Ł2.99 - it's cheap at half the price.

Ah yes...the joys of those "universal" wiper bladed, each with a free metal
link puzzle for you to enjoy for hours on end.

Just so - it is that they are designed to, supposedly, fit just about
every make of car ever produced that increases their complexity.
If each blade was just a straight swap there would hardly be a need for
Halfords to offer a fitting service.

That said, it was a bit irritating watching Halfords fit the blades in
the blink of an eye - and I don't doubt that if Mrcheerful had been
around, he could have done likewise.

Why are cyclists so terminally incompetent?

Mason blows out kitchen ring mains & fuses his car electrics, Cwispin
needs instructions for IKEA flat pack.

I replaced my wiper blades yesterday, took less than a minute, even in
heavy rain.

University
Old March 8th 12, 10:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Mar 8, 7:02*am, Doug wrote:
[...]

A driving licence is sometimes a licence to kill.- Hide quoted text -

Yes, but unlike jail sentences, driving bans last the whole term and
you do not get let off on parole.

--
Simon Mason
Old March 8th 12, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
jnugent

On 08/03/2012 10:33, Tris wrote:
In Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

On 07/03/2012 18:53, Tris wrote:
In JNugent
wrote:

On 07/03/2012 16:29, Tris wrote:
In post

Simon wrote:

On Mar 6, 1:27 pm, wrote:
[...]

A question both so obviously fallacious and rhetorical, I wondered why
it would even be asked. This explains a lot:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loaded_question

Mason blows out kitchen ring mains& fuses his car electrics, Cwispin
needs instructions for IKEA flat pack.

I replaced my wiper blades yesterday, took less than a minute, even in
heavy rain.

There are some things you can do better than I, just as there are some
things I can do better than you. Only a select few believe they can do
everything better than anyone else - and nobody wants to be one of
those, do we?

And you can add me as one who does not favour these modern (admittedly
cheaper) "universal" wiper blades with the free metal link puzzle.

Old March 9th 12, 12:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 09:08:16 +0000, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

terminally incompetent?

The hagfish has a laterally biting mouth and a “rasping tongue”, i.e. a
cartilaginous plate equipped with two pairs of comb-shaped horny teeth.

--
An oft-repeated lie is still a lie.
Old March 9th 12, 08:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
Doug[_3_]

On Mar 8, 9:10*am, Simon Mason wrote:
On Mar 8, 7:02*am, Doug wrote:

[...]

Are you trying to suggest that a driving ban is considered worse than
a jail sentence?

-- .
A driving licence is sometimes a licence to kill.

Old March 9th 12, 08:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
Doug[_3_]

On Mar 8, 10:55*am, "Paul - xxx" wrote:
Doug wrote:
The shame is he will be allowed back on our roads after a relatively
short interval, to pose a threat again to others, and his punishment
is derisory as usual.

You're wrong.

He can still use the roads with impunity, he just isn't allowed to
drive ...

Thank you for that semantic advice. Insert above 'to drive' after the
word 'allowed'.

Doug.

Old March 9th 12, 08:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport

On Mar 8, 7:02*am, Doug wrote:

[...]

In some case yes.
You could be jailed for a week, come back to your old job and after a
few years of keeping your nose clean, it is all in the past and you
have moved on.

Or you could be banned from driving for three years, lose your job,
house, wife, social life, mobility, the lot.
Once you have no job, the downhill descent can be very rapid with no
way of getting out of it.

--
Simon Mason
Old March 9th 12, 08:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
NM

On Mar 8, 9:08*am, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:
On 07/03/2012 18:53, Tris wrote:

In *JNugent
*wrote:

On 07/03/2012 16:29, Tris wrote:
In post

Simon * wrote:

On Mar 6, 1:27 pm, * wrote:
[...]

You mean you didn't take advantage of Halfords' offer to allow an
incompetent trainee to fit them for you for only Ł5.99.
Old March 9th 12, 11:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
NM

On Mar 6, 10:52*am, wrote:
On Tue, 6 Mar 2012 02:48:21 -0800 (PST)

Simon Mason wrote:
But if my car broke down on a spanish motorway there's no way
I'd hang around anywhere near it. They're a bunch of ****ing nutters over
there.

Good thing you have not driven in Serbia, Albania, Ukraine or Moldova
then.

I've been to ukraine a number of times and I wouldn't drive there if you
paid me. They all learnt to drive on dodgems it seems to me.

B2003

Teheran has to be the worst I have encountered.

My brush with a psycholist Mr. Benn[_7_] UK 70 November 6th 10 12:01 PM
Environmental militant slain at Silver Spring building after taking hostages Bill Weir Mountain Biking 15 September 15th 10 05:24 PM
Psycholist JMS UK 456 July 21st 10 08:07 AM
Psycholist judith UK 13 November 13th 08 09:05 AM
The Militant wing of u.r.c David Martin UK 12 May 3rd 05 03:58 PM