relation between saddle height and horizontal position

Old November 24th 18, 12:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_3_]

Default relation between saddle height and horizontal position

John B Slocomb wrote:

Sorry I can't cite. The other poster called
me Mr. Berg so I thought I do that as well
as a joke. But without the citation, and you
probably forgot his post, maybe it didn't
make sense. I really don't like these
smartphones but for some time now I have
limited access to my computer system. Well,
whatever. Heel + KOPS + adjustments it is

However... those settings are simply those
that many (most?) people find comfortable.
If, after riding the bike for a while, you
feel that moving the seat
up/down/forward/back might be more
comfortable, just do it... you can always
move it back :-)

Look above, you missed the last word of my
formulae:

Heel + KOPS + adjustments

You see? Mr. Berg has crashed with his bikes
several times by now. But he always lands on
his feet

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
Old November 24th 18, 02:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B Slocomb

On Sat, 24 Nov 2018 00:32:38 +0100, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

John B Slocomb wrote:

Sorry I can't cite. The other poster called
me Mr. Berg so I thought I do that as well
as a joke. But without the citation, and you
probably forgot his post, maybe it didn't
make sense. I really don't like these
smartphones but for some time now I have
limited access to my computer system. Well,
whatever. Heel + KOPS + adjustments it is

However... those settings are simply those
that many (most?) people find comfortable.
If, after riding the bike for a while, you
feel that moving the seat
up/down/forward/back might be more
comfortable, just do it... you can always
move it back :-)

Look above, you missed the last word of my
formulae:

Heel + KOPS + adjustments

You see? Mr. Berg has crashed with his bikes
several times by now. But he always lands on
his feet

:-) But... if you make adjustments it can no longer be Heel+KOPS :-)

Saddle Position Saxman UK 16 January 23rd 09 11:47 PM
horizontal seat position mtb Dad Techniques 13 January 23rd 07 08:40 PM
Saddle height vs. bar height Steve Hodgson UK 11 August 19th 05 10:52 AM
standover height significance for traditional road frame (i.e. with horizontal top tube) such as Trek Madone? Yuri Budilov General 8 July 11th 05 10:57 AM
saddle position Caher UK 3 April 21st 05 05:28 PM