Is this a cycle or footpath?

Old April 12th 19, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default Is this a cycle or footpath?

On 12/04/2019 18:04, JNugent wrote:
On 10/04/2019 21:15, TMS320 wrote:
On 10/04/2019 15:49, JNugent wrote:
On 10/04/2019 14:17, TMS320 wrote:
On 10/04/2019 12:02, JNugent wrote:
On 10/04/2019 09:36, TMS320 wrote:

On 10/04/2019 02:12, JNugent wrote:

*IF* you don't support pavement cycling, there is nothing to stop
you saying so, explicitly.

Nobody "supports" pavement cycling. Some of us just don't
think it is something to get worked up about.

In other (more honest and less weaselly) words, "some of" you don't
think - and refuse to accept - that there is anything
wrong with it. To the extent that such a stance is distinct from
supporting it, the distinction is purely semantic.

You are projecting.

Not in the slightest. I have no difficulty in expressing clearly
those things I condemn, irrespective of road-user class. It is you
and Jester who cannot bring yourself to blame cyclists for cycling
on the footway.

"...blame cyclists for cycling on the footway". Huh?

Have you heard the word "gammon" used in current parlance?

We rarely buy it. It's usually too salty.

Your pretend ignorance isn't convincing.

But you don't say it, which tells its own tale. As the lawyers
have it: silence gives consent.

It's not a binary issue.

It's a plain breach of the law designed to protect all of us
when we are pedestrians, which is most of the time.

Rubbish. The official figures show that most people go by car if
their journey is further than the fridge.

That's gibberish.

This might help -
http://www.whoohoo.co.uk/scouse-translator.asp

It may be a technical breach of the law but I am giving you my
opinion that it is nothing to get worked up about.

TRANSLATION:

It is not a big deal.

"The danger and inconvenience caused to third parties
is completely acceptable when I and other cyclists ride our bikes
along the pavement or in other pedestrian-only areas. The only issue
is whether I gain utility from it, and I do".

You accuse me of riding along pavements with not a shred of evidence. Do
you know what libel is?

Libel to point out that you defend an illegal, dangerous and anti-social
practice as "no big deal"?

No. I definitely remember writing "it's no big deal".

Do yourself a favour and read the sentence I wrote immediately before
the one that asks "Do you know what libel is?" And then your utterence
immediately above that. It's not complicated.

Don't cycle on the footpath Alycidon UK 2 October 14th 15 09:38 AM
Look where you are going and don't ride on a footpath Mrcheerful UK 0 March 1st 14 02:46 PM
On the footpath? Mr Pounder UK 3 December 14th 11 06:10 PM
footpath riding Zebee Johnstone Australia 27 October 13th 07 04:36 AM
Prize for narrowest combined cycle lane/footpath. David W.E. Roberts UK 5 August 31st 04 11:32 AM