OUTLAW OLYMPICS!

Old July 14th 04, 06:31 PM
Black Knight

Default OUTLAW OLYMPICS!

"Joe Morgan" wrote in message
nk.net...
Greece is spending many BILLIONS of dollars on the Olympics, and they will
be in debt for decades. Los Angeles is still paying for their Olympics 20
years ago! Every four years some nation spends billions for what?? The
Olympics are hardly more than a charade. Most of the athletes either were
juicing at some point, or still are with advanced masking agents. So what

is
the point?? Not just of hosting the Olympics, but of supporting these
arrogant athletes who never work and must be fed, clothed, and housed year
after year??

I'm not sure what country you are troll from, as some countries DO support
their athletes for years, but in the United States the athletes are amateurs
and they receive no support ( governmental or sponsed ), until they are
chosen for the Olympic team and housed in the team facility and that isn't
until a few months before the games. As for pay, some do receive grants,
either from their states or private groups that donate support to the
Olympics as a whole and not to individual athletes. One such company here in
the States, Home Depot, supports the U.S. Olympic Committee's Olympic Job
Opportunities Program got the spotlight during this year's Games with speed
skater Derek Parra's newfound gold medal fame. The program pays a full-time
salary and benefits to Olympic hopefuls like gold metal speed skater Derek
Parra for working a flexible 20-hour work week which gives them time them to
train and travel to competitions. Home Depot has employed 283 athletes
since it started the program in 1992.

Hundreds of Millions of dollars are spent in the USA just housing these
illiterate scumbags. WHY??? What for?? Who cares about any of the stupid
records that they compete for??? Is it worth spending so much money??

Illiterate scumbags? Oh, you mean like five-time gold medal speed skater
Eric Heiden, who is now an orthopedic surgeon at the University of
California, Davis? Stanford University graduate, Nicole Freedman who
competed in the Sydney games? Shelly Looney was attending Northwestern
University while becoming a member of the winning women's hockey team in the
1998 winter games? Jeremy Scott, a graduate of Allegheny College, who is
competeing in the Men's Track and Field or fellow colege mate Emily Deering
who is competing in the Lacrosse competion? Nothing but a bunch of
illiterate scumbags to be sure.

ALL THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS could be spent on education of children,
instead of supporting jocks. I think that the OLYMPICS are a totally
wasteful by-product of the past. They are a dinosaur, and they need to be
scaled back to their original size. Synchronized Swimming? Ballroom

Dancing?
etc.?? It is not only that 35% of the events are not even SPORTS, but

these
folks participating are all getting a free ride on the TAXPAYER! Your Tax
Dollar is paying for all this. You are buying them their vitamins, their
protein shakes, their Creatine, and their steroids.

Now the state of Utah was accused and is currently under investigation for
the federal cost of the 2002 Winter games. Apparently money was used to
complete some road projects and to cover "extra security costs" incurred
after the 9-11 attacks and those costs are being examined for padding.
Beyond driving down that new road, I don't think the athletes got a free
ride.

Black Knight

Old July 14th 04, 08:55 PM

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 17:31:17 GMT, "Black Knight"
wrote:

"Joe Morgan" wrote in message
ink.net...
[...]

sorry, the post i am replying to was cross-posted too.......

Black Night

you don't seem to realise that you composed, created (and maybe even
edited) a post to a bot, IOW nothing & nobody

if you think there is some spam in a NG you frequent then just leave
it alone (the spam, not the ng! - this place is great!)

you wasted how much time and effort? with your post?

FIRST CLUE: the subject line was COMPLETELY off-topic

SECOND CLUE: well, er, don't even download the message!
Old July 14th 04, 09:29 PM
§¦«The Wraith»¦§

In ,
x typed:
wrote:

"Joe Morgan" wrote in message
nk.net...
Greece is spending many BILLIONS of dollars on the Olympics, and

snip
Black Knight

sorry, the post i am replying to was cross-posted too.......

Black Night

you don't seem to realise that you composed, created (and maybe even
edited) a post to a bot, IOW nothing & nobody

if you think there is some spam in a NG you frequent then just leave
it alone (the spam, not the ng! - this place is great!)

you wasted how much time and effort? with your post?

FIRST CLUE: the subject line was COMPLETELY off-topic

They always are in APWW...

SECOND CLUE: well, er, don't even download the message!

--

|-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=|
- NEW owner of the APWW Slammy's (coming September 5th) -

Old July 14th 04, 10:03 PM
Black Knight

wrote:

sorry, the post i am replying to was cross-posted too.......

Black Night

you don't seem to realise that you composed, created (and maybe even
edited) a post to a bot, IOW nothing & nobody

if you think there is some spam in a NG you frequent then just leave
it alone (the spam, not the ng! - this place is great!)

you wasted how much time and effort? with your post?

FIRST CLUE: the subject line was COMPLETELY off-topic

SECOND CLUE: well, er, don't even download the message!

X... thanks for the advice, I appreciate the effort, but many posts in
Alt.pro-wrestling.wwf are off topic and sometimes fairly political so the
subject line means little. As for how much effort I spent... about 5
minutes, and if that keeps a troll away from APWW because they don't get the
flame they expected ( or better, educates someone about a subject they maybe
didn't know about like the Olympic athletes ) it was five minutes well
spent. But thanks again for trying to warn me off and glad to hear you are
enjoying your group!

Black Knight