New bicycle idea

Old October 3rd 04, 10:40 PM
B i l l S o r n s o n

BringYouToLife wrote:
no, the pedal lever, asshole, leverage increases power. the longer
the lever, the greater the power. I"m talking about increasing the
length of the pedal lever. The thought of telling an asshole like you
a great idea makes me sick however.

Well, for a complete idiot you got ONE THING RIGHT.

Bill "and it ain't about pedals or levers" S.

Old October 4th 04, 03:06 AM
BringYouToLife

Dear MR. complete idiot, angular velocity is why you have gear
differentials, freak, you talk like you're all smart and ****, you
make the ****in torgue sprocket larger, you would need to increase the
radius of the sprocket 5 times to get the same angular velocity, which
would mean you would need to increase the diameter 5/3.14 or 1.66
times it's original size. jesus christ, what ****in planet are you
from, "i'm a ****head who thinks he knows it all' planet?

If you had read my ****ing post, you would have saw that i explained
that.

And if you try and view the patents on the US patent website, a
warning, you might have to download some .tiff viewer to see them as
there is alot of bugs with these newfangled software programs. You
need to download the activex control at www.alternatiff.com, and it is
a great activex control.

If we add modern hydrolics principles to the propulsion of bicycles,
with their much higher pressure seals and such, and we apply such
forgotten, simple principles as complex levers. There are compound
levers, such as nutcrackers and scissors, but complex levers are are
used in throwing a baseball. In fact, our human bodies are based
entirely upon the simple principles of levers and mechanic advantage,
that magnifies the infinitessimal stimulus in the brain, into a
powerful movement that a weight lifter thrusts 300 lbs above his head.

If a person where to throw a baseball, keeping his wrist perfectly
stiff, he could probably throw it about 20 mph. When he flings his
wrist hard, at the maximum velocity of his arm rotation, he combines
the two forces, producing a pitch that is 50 or 60 mph.

Apply this principle to pedalling, think of it as a pedal on a
pedal, a lever on a lever. Also, add things like hydrolics, pullies
and such to the concept of human powered machinery and there's no
reason people couldn't power safe machines at a reasonable speed,
replacing cars.

What a concept though, the idea that most of our energy needs could
be produced by the human will.

The record for human powered flight is something like 30 miles, but
that is for one person. Two people, i believe could propel the plane
farther than a mere 60 miles, because you wouldn't have double the
weight of two planes, they would be sharing the same load of one
plane. 3 people could maybe fly over 100 miles, 30 maybe 1000 miles,
at a higher rate of speed. Plus, not to mention the fact that you
have no weight of the engine in a human powered car or plane.

Consider the fact that these planes carry 700 people, if you could
link all their leg and arm power to a propellers, they could all power
an aircraft with comfortable effort indefinately.

After all, it is ultimately atomic energy we use when we use
hydraulics and torque, we are using the elasticity in the bonds of the
atoms in the substance to propel us like a sling shot, no differently
and much more elegantly than nuclear fusion reactors.
Old October 4th 04, 03:11 AM
BringYouToLife

and if you can increase the power by 5 times, you can increase the
circumference of the main sprocket 5 times by increasing the diameter
of the main drive sprocket by (d*3.14=circumference). That is why
bigger gears turn slower, duh. what a moron you are, i can't believe
I'm even talking to you.

and as for wind resistance, if you were using the increased leverage
to haul things, that would not be a problem, i'm thinking of future
transportation after oil runs out. But if you wanted to go 50 or 60
mph, then you could add little things like motorcycle windshields,
which you can duck down behind, or rather make it into a narrow, small
car, more recumbant style.
Old October 4th 04, 04:04 AM
BringYouToLife

Yes, of course, a drive sprocket with 35 inch diameter might seem
unwieldy, but you can use a combination of smaller sprockets the same
way you use pulleys, to get the same effect as one large circumference
drive sprocket.
Old October 4th 04, 04:06 AM
Blair P. Houghton

BringYouToLife wrote:
and if you can increase the power by 5 times, you can increase the
circumference of the main sprocket 5 times by increasing the diameter
of the main drive sprocket by (d*3.14=circumference). That is why
bigger gears turn slower, duh. what a moron you are, i can't believe
I'm even talking to you.

I think I should feel the same about you, given your
apparent confusions about angular velocity vs. the
tangential velocity of the edge of a rotating circle,
but maybe someone else will learn from what I say to you.

and as for wind resistance, if you were using the increased leverage
to haul things, that would not be a problem, i'm thinking of future
transportation after oil runs out. But if you wanted to go 50 or 60
mph, then you could add little things like motorcycle windshields,
which you can duck down behind, or rather make it into a narrow, small
car, more recumbant style.

The record for flat-surface pedalling on a bicycle is
over 150 mph, set on a bike with a very large chainwheel
and a very small cog, travelling behind an automobile
with a special fairing built on the back to surround the
front of the rider and shield him and his bike from all
wind effects.

Fairings also exist that are part of the bicycle and don't
require a separate vehicle. They look like short sections
of a wing stood on end, with the bike and rider inside.
Cyclists have gone over 60 mph in those. However,
they're useless in any sort of crosswind, and they're
useless unless you have a chase team to pick you up when
the inevitable crosswind knocks you onto ground.

Face it. When the oil is gone, we'll have either electric
cars powered by batteries charged with energy produced in
coal and nuke plants, or we'll be hooked on hydrogen.

--Blair
"And I might be over 25 mph."
Old October 4th 04, 04:13 AM
BringYouToLife

one problem however, would be your tires slipping from too fast
acceleration, but this could easily be corrected by a slip-gear
system, to slip alittle if the torque reaches slipping strenght,

Like 'burning rubber' in a car, but a 'problem' I'd love to have.
Old October 4th 04, 04:19 AM
B i l l S o r n s o n

BringYouToLife wrote:
Dear MR. complete idiot, angular velocity is why you have gear
differentials, freak, you talk like you're all smart and ****, you
make the ****in torgue sprocket larger... {snip for sanity's sake}

Hey Dip**** -- if you don't include any quoted material, no one knows WTF
you're talking about. (Which is appropriate, come to think of it, since you
obviously don't know WTF you're talking about, either.)

Bill "another AOHeller darkens the cyber doorway" S.

Old October 4th 04, 05:38 PM
Tim

You can snag the patents in PDF format (easily printable) at
http://patents.oncloud8.com. It costs 0.49 a piece, but I think it is
pretty reasonable. If you just want to look at the images, click on
the links to the European Patent Office - they are PDF-based as well
though prints and downloads are limited to an image at a time.

Cheers,
Tim
patents | oncloud8

Old October 5th 04, 12:43 AM
BringYouToLife

Look at that asshole, Tim trying to sell people 'patents', that are
totally free at the patent website.

Here are all the free patents you can print up for free, with the
word 'bicycle' in the title of the patent.

This is a much better search than 'bicycle' in all fields.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...FIELD2=&d=ptxt

I know what you are saying about angular velocity, but still, you
would be applying your effort at the maximum torque angle over the
'meat' of the rotation, maximizing power to turn a larger sprocket
faster than you could.
Old October 5th 04, 12:47 AM
BringYouToLife

and Bill, how could I have guessed your one of those net snobs who hate aol?

AOL IS FREE ASSHOLE, HA HA, THE JOKE IS ON YOU!!