Ex-London cycling czar Andrew Gilligan 'rammed off his bike in roadrage attack'

Old April 13th 18, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default Ex-London cycling czar Andrew Gilligan 'rammed off his bike in roadrage attack'

London's former cycling czar Andrew Gilligan told today how he was
inches from being “paralysed” after being knocked off his bicycle and
run over by a motorist in a “road rage” attack.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-a3813001.html
--
Bod
Old April 13th 18, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 13/04/2018 10:21, Bod wrote:

London's former cycling czar Andrew Gilligan told today how he was
inches from being “paralysed” after being knocked off his bicycle and
run over by a motorist in a “road rage” attack.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-a3813001.html

QUOTE:
the journalist was cycling along Bishopsgate outside Liverpool Street
Station. He said a black SUV in front of him stopped suddenly, causing
him to go into the back of the car.
ENDQUOTE

He means that he wasn't watching where he was going and failed to stop,
consequently colliding with a stationary vehicle and no doubt causing
damage..

That sounds like his fault rather than anyone else's - and it's his OWN
version.

QUOTE:
Mr Gilligan went to “politely” remonstrate with the driver
ENDQUOTE

What?

He collides with another vehicle due to his own failings and he intends
to "remonstrate" with the person in the (no doubt) damaged stationary
vehicle who was not at fault?

What planet is this "Bishopsgate" place on?

QUOTE:
“He looked rather threatening so I thought I should cycle off...
ENDQUOTE

....thereby leaving the scene of the incident and denying the owner of
the damaged vehicle any chance of recovering the cost of repairs.

Nice man.

Old April 13th 18, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 13/04/2018 10:47, JNugent wrote:
On 13/04/2018 10:21, Bod wrote:

[...]

Only a cyclist could be that stupid and law evading, and still think
that they are in the right.

Old April 13th 18, 06:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 13/04/18 10:47, JNugent wrote:
On 13/04/2018 10:21, Bod wrote:

[...]

There are circumstances where the driver could be at fault -

QUOTE:
He said: “I have tyre marks on my shoes..."
ENDQUOTE

- which makes it a possibility. I hope it was on camera.

QUOTE: “He looked rather threatening so I thought I should cycle
off... ENDQUOTE

...thereby leaving the scene of the incident and denying the owner of
the damaged vehicle any chance of recovering the cost of repairs.

It is not a requirement to stop at the scene (I am surprised you didn't
know). If you were injured in a crash you're welcome to hang around for
the possibility of getting a fist in your face on top of it all.

After such a public announcement, the driver, if he believes himself to
be innocent, only has to turn up at a police station and ask for Andrew
Gilligan.

QUOTE:
A spokeswoman for City Police said: “We can confirm a 27-year old man
from Camden was arrested..."
ENDQUOTE

So they appear to know something about the event. I wonder which one was
first to get to a police station.
Old April 13th 18, 07:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

On 13/04/2018 10:21, Bod wrote:

[...]

From another group:
"Cyclists make pheasants look intelligent".

Can't argue with that.

Old April 13th 18, 09:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 13/04/18 19:14, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

From another group:
"Cyclists make pheasants look intelligent".

Can't argue with that.

You and Cheerless have no trouble making cyclists look intelligent.
Old April 13th 18, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]

On Fri, 13 Apr 2018 20:28:01 GMT, TMS320 wrote:

On 13/04/18 19:14, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

From another group:
"Cyclists make pheasants look intelligent".

Can't argue with that.

You and Cheerless have no trouble making cyclists look intelligent.

Whatever happened to the Judith cycle-hater? Maybe it gets more mileage
from the legal NG.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.
Old April 13th 18, 10:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 13/04/2018 10:21, Bod wrote:

[...]

So the operator of the vehicle which crashes into the rear of the
vehicle in front is in the right, according to TMS.

As long as the vehicle doing the crashing is a bike and the one being
crashed into is a car, in any othr case case it's the other way round.

Old April 14th 18, 12:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 13/04/2018 10:21, Bod wrote:

[...]

Nugent fails comprehension. It's rather a habit you have.

As long as the vehicle doing the crashing is a bike and the one being
crashed into is a car, in any othr case case it's the other way round.

You said it. Not mant people will agree with you.