Divorce Your Car --and get into a relationship with a Bike!

Old September 11th 06, 07:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
donquijote1954

Default special license should be required for SUVs

chuck wrote:
I think nothing else needs to be said.

I've been saying for years that penalties for reckless driving should
vary with the listed weight of the vehicle. That would promp drivers
to not buy the huge SUVs and if they did, to drive them carefully. If
you say are caught doing 80 in a 60 in a 2000 pound car, you pay a
$500. Do the same in a 6000 pound 'Burb and the fine is $2500 and
license suspension for 6 months. Stop coddling these killers.

They need to do as in some european countries. The cost of the ticket
should be based on the driver's income. In most cases, the resulting
fine would have the same effect.

A 500 bucks ticket ($100,000 for Donald Trump) for zigzaging around
normal cars would be a good lesson for the SUV.

Also special license should be required for SUVs, tougher regulations
(no phone for sure) and lower bumper. (And no bumper stickers "We
support our troops.")

Old September 11th 06, 07:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
donquijote1954

Default yet another argument in favor of THE REVOLUTION

Floyd Rogers wrote:
"chuck" wrote
wrote:
I've been saying for years that penalties for reckless driving should
vary with the listed weight of the vehicle. That would promp drivers
to not buy the huge SUVs and if they did, to drive them carefully. If
you say are caught doing 80 in a 60 in a 2000 pound car, you pay a
$500. Do the same in a 6000 pound 'Burb and the fine is $2500 and
license suspension for 6 months. Stop coddling these killers.

They need to do as in some european countries. The cost of the ticket
should be based on the driver's income. In most cases, the resulting
fine would have the same effect.

1) you're responding to a troll
2) that would definitely violate the "...cruel and unusual..." provisions.

OK, bring on the definition of troll, and if you prove it applies to
me, I won't be posting at this forum again.

The same thing happened to the Black Sheep who was expelled by some of
the regular sheep because they thought the predator in sheep's clothing
was their friend. Of course, the predator also gave them special
treatment and didn't fleece them that often.

Old September 11th 06, 07:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
David L. Johnson

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 11:45:03 -0700, donquijote1954 wrote:

Also special license should be required for SUVs, tougher regulations
(no phone for sure) and lower bumper. (And no bumper stickers "We
support our troops.")

How about a sticker that says "Our troops support this gas-guzzler".

--

David L. Johnson

__o | "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored
_`\(,_ | by little statesmen and philosophers and divines." --Ralph Waldo
(_)/ (_) | Emerson
Old September 11th 06, 09:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
donquijote1954

David L. Johnson wrote:
On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 11:45:03 -0700, donquijote1954 wrote:

Also special license should be required for SUVs, tougher regulations
(no phone for sure) and lower bumper. (And no bumper stickers "We
support our troops.")

How about a sticker that says "Our troops support this gas-guzzler".

Yeah, at least they would be more honest. It would explain WHY they
support our troops.

Old September 12th 06, 07:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
donquijote1954

Default get bumper sticker

donquijote1954 wrote:
David L. Johnson wrote:
On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 11:45:03 -0700, donquijote1954 wrote:

Also special license should be required for SUVs, tougher regulations
(no phone for sure) and lower bumper. (And no bumper stickers "We
support our troops.")

How about a sticker that says "Our troops support this gas-guzzler".

Yeah, at least they would be more honest. It would explain WHY they
support our troops.

Here's a bumper stickers for those whose patriotism shows by burning
oil...

"Draft SUV drivers first"

http://www.stickergiant.com/page/sg/PROD/fundri/b5634

Old September 20th 06, 03:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides

Default "put something fun between your legs"

On 9 Aug 2006 10:45:04 -0700, "donquijote1954"
wrote:

I hope they don't say something like "put something fun between your
legs"...

(that's already mine)

Wrong. That is MY saying and I have it copyrighted. I even have it
tattooed right above my wife's ****. For the price of $5,000,000 I
will sell you the copyright.
Old October 2nd 06, 04:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Steve Daniels

Default THE GOLDEN RULE

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 03:18:16 -0500, against all advice, something
compelled Kevan Smith , to say:

There's really no reason to
eat meat other than taste.

You say that like that's not a good enough reason.
Old October 2nd 06, 10:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
n5hsr

"Steve Daniels" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 03:18:16 -0500, against all advice, something
compelled Kevan Smith , to say:

There's really no reason to
eat meat other than taste.

You say that like that's not a good enough reason.

Animals have a place in my world. On the plate next to the potatoes. G

I'm a member of PETA: People for the Eating of Tasty Animals.

But then there are those of us that are supposed to eat 8 oz of meat a day
and can't eat the subsitutes for whatever reason.

Really, I'm against animal cruelty, but the people at PETA are way too far
to the LEFT on this one.

Charles of Schaumburg

Old October 2nd 06, 07:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Daryl Hunt

"Steve Daniels" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 03:18:16 -0500, against all advice, something
compelled Kevan Smith , to say:

There's really no reason to
eat meat other than taste.

You say that like that's not a good enough reason.

Cats, the other white meat.