Really, really dumb

Old January 11th 20, 02:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

Default Really, really dumb

On Fri, 10 Jan 2020 19:54:49 -0600, AMuzi wrote:

On 1/10/2020 5:31 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/10/2020 1:08 PM, wrote:
On Thursday, January 9, 2020 at 6:33:05 PM UTC-8, jbeattie
wrote:
On Thursday, January 9, 2020 at 1:34:27 PM UTC-8, Andre
Jute wrote:
On Thursday, January 9, 2020 at 9:17:17 PM UTC,
wrote:
On Thursday, January 9, 2020 at 10:25:00 AM UTC-8,
AMuzi wrote:
On 1/9/2020 11:24 AM,
wrote:
On Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at 5:34:54 PM UTC-8,
Tim McNamara wrote:
On Wed, 8 Jan 2020 15:08:40 -0800 (PST),

wrote:

Well, I would have agreed with you before I read an
entire series of
postings about how Trump would make a terrible
President started in
2015.

Well, they got something right then even if it
wasn't bike tech.

Tim, passing off your bull**** when the facts speak
otherwise makes you look like a first class idiot.

Tim is not a first class idiot.

Here's a first class idiot:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...t/dosometh.jpg

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Ocasio-Cortez actually said, "You don't have any right
to own a gun. If you did it would be in the Constitution."

There's no response to that except a shrug and a
defeated, "No ****?" And she's a lawmaker! -- AJ

There is no right to own a gun in the Constitution. The
Second Amendment simply prohibits the federal government
from infringing on the right to keep and bear arms for
use in a well-regulated state militia. Nothing in the
Constitution prohibited the states from taking away your
gun, cutting off your testicles or doing basically
anything it wanted.

The only reasons the states can't rip your gun out of
your cold dead hands is because of the Fourteenth
Amendment and the conclusion by some farting old white
judges that gun ownership is a "fundamental right." The
word "gun" or "arms" does not appear in the Fourteenth
Amendment. Activist judges! AOC is right and a leading
olde-tyme conservative strict constructionist!

-- Jay Beattie

Tell us all what happens to any state that bans the
ownership of weapons.

No state ever has. It's a right wing fantasy.

Mexico does. .22 rimfire single shot only[1], the paperwork
and bureaucratic procedures are extreme and the nation has
but one retail firearms outlet, on an army base.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/10/mexico...everal-others/

Maybe they just "need better laws".

[1] long gun or pistol but no magazines, no revolvers.
Single shot only.

I thought that the Americans were selling guns to Mexico. I'm sure
that I read something about 90% of the dope smuggler's guns coming
from the U.S.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old January 11th 20, 02:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 1/10/2020 7:17 PM, John B. wrote:

wrote:

[...]

In a 2008 case called District of Columbia v. Heller, and again in a 2010 case called McDonald v. City of Chicago, the Supreme Court interpreted the Second Amendment.

That amendment was written, the court ruled in both cases, to mandate the obligation of the federal government, as well as cities and states, to recognize, respect and permit the exercise of the right to self-defense, using the same level of technology as might be used against someone in the home.

Yes, and in Roe v. Wade, the court ruled that the First Amendment protected a woman's right to chose abortion, and yet the right continues to deny there is such a right in the Constitution. Same goes with guns and the Second Amendment. Different court, different outcome. Go read the history of the Second Amendment and corresponding provisions in colonial constitutions. The NRA "everybody gets a gun" is not what the founders intended, particularly since people like you -- Catholics -- were prohibited from owning guns in certain colonies, as were slaves, indentured servants and others who were prohibited from serving in state militias.

In a number of the colonies, perhaps all of the original colonies, the
law stated that every free adult male must have a firearm and
ammunition and the penalty for failing to do this was a fairly large
fine. Rhode Island even had a law that militia officers would visit
all households to ensure that the required amount of ammunition was on
hand.

And, of course, all men were required to be a member of the militia.
Maryland defined this to mean every man "betweene the ages of sixteene
& fifty years".

Slaves, of course, not being free men, were not included and Catholics
were banned from living in some of the colonies. Massachusetts even
enacted a law threatening death to Catholic clergymen.

Moreover, the state's rights to limit handguns stand on different footing -- the Fourteenth Amendment -- and the questionable conclusion that gun ownership is a fundamental right. Note that a civil jury trial guaranteed under the Seventh Amendment is not a fundamental right under the Fourteenth Amendment -- so states don't have to allow civil jury trials. Every right in the Bill of Rights is not necessarily "fundamental." And even if it is "fundamental," that does not mean it is immune from regulation.

-- Jay Beattie.

--
cheers,

John B.

And further, Paul Revere rode out of Boston on a long
circuitous route when the British garrison sent a column off
in the dead of night to Lexington to seize the premier long
rifle works whose arms had superior range and accuracy over
British issued muskets. Revere made it on time and the Crown
took a miserable second place at Lexington and then at
Concord. This weighed heavily on the legislative history of
our beloved 2d.

Old January 11th 20, 02:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 1/10/2020 7:58 PM, sms wrote:
On 1/9/2020 6:33 PM, jbeattie wrote:

snip

There is no right to own a gun in the Constitution.

Correct. Who has ever claimed otherwise?

English speakers who read the actual text.

Old January 11th 20, 02:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:
On Thursday, January 9, 2020 at 10:25:00 AM UTC-8,
AMuzi wrote:

wrote:

[...]

So you agree that the cure is "better laws" ?
How's that 100+ year old worldwide Heroin ban going, by the way?

Old January 11th 20, 02:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

wrote:
On Thursday, January 9, 2020 at 10:25:00 AM UTC-8,
AMuzi wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Well, I wasn't talking about laws, per se, I was merely commenting
that I had heard that I had read that the majority of the guns in
Mexico seemed to have come from the U.S.

But laws do work and Singapore, for example proves it. Their narcotics
use is the lowest in the world - for opiates, such as heroin, opium
and morphine, about 0.9% of the UK are users while in Singapore it is
0.005%. The Singapore secret? They have strict laws and they enforce
them.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old January 11th 20, 03:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

wrote:

[...]

There's that and also the NY Sullivan Laws specifically
written by crooked Irish to disarm Italians. The test case
victim, Rossi, did a year in prison for carrying a pistol in
a rough neighborhood on his way to a job interview.

As with many previous errors, we seem to have surmounted
most, Hirabayashi, Korematsu and Yasui being among the most
egregious yet outstanding.

Hey Mister Legal, if a may-issue permit is not an
infringement, what is an infringement?

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R44618.pdf Meditate.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old January 11th 20, 03:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On 1/10/2020 1:08 PM, wrote:

Tell us all what happens to any state that bans the
ownership of weapons.

No state ever has. It's a right wing fantasy.

Mexico does.

You're allowed to have weapons in Mexico. You're allowed to have
weapons in every other nation on earth.

But no nation on earth allows _all_ types of weapons for _any_ people.
Even though when bombs are outlawed, only outlaws will have bombs.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/10/mexico...everal-others/

Maybe they just "need better laws".

The alternative is ... what? Give the kid an AR-15 instead? That
doesn't seem to work well here.

- Frank Krygowski

- Frank Krygowski
Old January 11th 20, 03:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Friday, January 10, 2020 at 9:28:59 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:

So you agree that the cure is "better laws" ?
How's that 100+ year old worldwide Heroin ban going, by the way?

Personally, I think it's going a lot better than if heroin were sold
freely and legally to anyone of any age, through any outlet.

You've used that line frequently, Andrew. I don't quite understand
your views. Do you advocate abolishing _all_ laws? Or what?

- Frank Krygowski

Old January 11th 20, 04:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On 1/10/2020 1:08 PM, wrote:

Tell us all what happens to any state that bans the
ownership of weapons.

No state ever has. It's a right wing fantasy.

Mexico does.

You're allowed to have weapons in Mexico. You're allowed to have
weapons in every other nation on earth.

But no nation on earth allows _all_ types of weapons for _any_ people.
Even though when bombs are outlawed, only outlaws will have bombs.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/10/mexico...everal-others/

Maybe they just "need better laws".

The alternative is ... what? Give the kid an AR-15 instead? That
doesn't seem to work well here.

- Frank Krygowski

- Frank Krygowski

I find it interesting that AR-15's seem to be treasured mainly by
those who never had to carry them in earnest. :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

Old January 11th 20, 05:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
pH

snip

There is no right to own a gun in the Constitution. The Second Amendment simply prohibits the federal government from infringing on the right to keep and bear arms for use in a well-regulated state militia. Nothing in the Constitution prohibited the states from taking away your gun, cutting off your testicles or doing basically anything it wanted.

The only reasons the states can't rip your gun out of your cold dead hands is because of the Fourteenth Amendment and the conclusion by some farting old white judges that gun ownership is a "fundamental right." The word "gun" or "arms" does not appear in the Fourteenth Amendment. Activist judges! AOC is right and a leading olde-tyme conservative strict constructionist!

-- Jay Beattie

I always wondered where Constitutional authority for the draft comes from.
Isn't it sort of like forced servitude, ie: slavery?

Not trying to be incendiary, just curious.

pH in Aptos

This is just dumb... Uncle Dave Racing 19 September 28th 09 08:58 AM
HOW dumb?? Brimstone[_6_] UK 89 April 6th 09 03:49 PM
this is so dumb brockfisher05 Unicycling 10 December 18th 04 02:38 AM
Dumb question the black rose General 12 October 19th 04 09:37 PM
How dumb am I? Andy P UK 2 September 18th 03 08:37 PM