Maybe a warning

Old January 5th 05, 04:21 PM
Mike

Default Maybe a warning

I had advertised a set of rotor cranks for sale and received a response
from an individual who agreed with the price. I had asked for the money
in US funds and in the form of a money order. The individual said he
would arrange his own shipping (as they were going to Russia!) and
would send the money as an American Cashiers cheque. He would send $650
and I was then to send $350 to the "agent" in London along with the
cranks.

I said "no deal" I don't do business that way and thanked him for his
interest.

Old January 5th 05, 04:32 PM
Dave

good ol' "cash my fake cashiers check" scam

=== you must first take out MYUGLYSISTER to email me privately ===

oups.com...

Old January 6th 05, 01:43 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Mike- I had advertised a set of rotor cranks for sale and received a response
from an individual who agreed with the price. I had asked for the money
in US funds and in the form of a money order. The individual said he
would arrange his own shipping (as they were going to Russia!) and
would send the money as an American Cashiers cheque. He would send $650
and I was then to send $350 to the "agent" in London along with the
cranks.

I said "no deal" I don't do business that way and thanked him for his
interest.

A scam and a common one these days. i have been approached 3 times by these
knuckleheads for various things for sale.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old January 7th 05, 01:21 AM
Tom Kunich

"Mike" wrote in message
oups.com...
I had advertised a set of rotor cranks for sale and received a response
from an individual who agreed with the price. I had asked for the money
in US funds and in the form of a money order. The individual said he
would arrange his own shipping (as they were going to Russia!) and
would send the money as an American Cashiers cheque. He would send $650
and I was then to send $350 to the "agent" in London along with the
cranks.

I said "no deal" I don't do business that way and thanked him for his
interest.

This is the usual scam. It is a forged money order.

People who won't accept personal checks just don't get it. With computers it
is just as easy to forge a Bank Cashier's Check or a Postal Money Order as
pass a bum check.

You should ONLY accept a check of money order for the exact amount and then
you should hold shipping for a week to be sure that the check cleared the
bank.

Old January 7th 05, 04:19 AM
RonSonic

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 01:21:08 GMT, "Tom Kunich" wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message
roups.com...
[...]

At the very least, google the phone number on the MO or check and if it's legit,
call and verify.

Ron

Old January 21st 05, 01:52 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Also recently a gent in Singapore, who wanted two Moots MTBs, each about
$6500...shippied to him, paying via credit card. Never any mention of how they
were equipped or the size. When I mentioned there was a MOOTS dealer in
Singapore, he went away.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old January 21st 05, 06:29 PM
marco007esq

ALL YOUR GEORGE ARE BELONG TO US!

Old January 22nd 05, 09:26 PM
RonSonic

On 21 Jan 2005 10:29:49 -0800, "marco007esq" wrote:

ALL YOUR GEORGE ARE BELONG TO US!

YO! MARCO! WE SAW IT, DUDE!

WE SAW YOUR FUNNY, HA HA, ****ING EBAY THING.

Now kindly find some other outlet for your man-love obsession with this guy.

Ron

Virus warning Karen Martin-Stone Unicycling 1 May 25th 05 02:50 AM
severe weather warning joemarshall Unicycling 15 January 14th 05 05:41 AM
Weather warning ... elyob UK 11 January 4th 05 11:54 PM
Health warning W K UK 11 September 10th 03 12:21 AM
Warning - watch out buying an MTB on eBay (LONG)! iddqdATworldonline.dk UK 5 July 25th 03 12:47 AM