Only 2 unicyclists in Czech Republic??

Old January 27th 05, 01:13 PM
Unicyclotrone

Default Only 2 unicyclists in Czech Republic??

Hi guys
Im unicyclist from the Czech republic (Central Europe). Im new to this
forum but I ve been unicycling for about half a year now (can do all 6
-and under IUF skills, hop about 60 cms and improving).

My problem is that there are only two (trial/street) Unicyclist in our
republic that I know of (me and my friend). Unicycling is TOTALY unknown
sport here (most of people have seen unicycles only in cisrcus and I
HATE when everyone is asking questions like:"What circus do you work
for?" and "Look!! There's a clown riding!!"). So:

[b]Does any of you have any suggestions on how should i make it more
popular sport or at least make some people to start unicycling? [\B]
Showing them unispins or some trials/hopping obstacles simply doesnt
work because people say: "Man you are insane!" "Thats imposibble!" "I
could never learn such thing"
+ its quite hard to get some better uni here in CZ.

(I have at least convinced my sister to start riding so that she could
help me to make it a bit more known sport. I will post some pics of her
doing trials when she gets good enough on my first noname ****ty
unicycle not to damage my precious Onza (You have no idea whats it like
to get some better unicycle in our republic)

Thanks in advance.

--
Unicyclotrone - Czech Unitrialist LVL6
Unicyclotrone's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9145

Old January 30th 05, 04:47 PM
leo

Get the phonebook of Prague and search for Emil Faltyny (Faltynec).
He use to travel but probably may be there now, he's the +/- the 5th
generation of his family that unicycles. So yes, they use to do
traditional circus, but are into other things as well.

--
leo - coffee-serving talent

Leo Vandewoestijne [-lay?oh! fun-duh-wwho-styne-uhh-]
'+1-866-UNICYCLE' (callto:+1-866-UNICYCLE)
'unicycle.net' (http://www.unicycle.net/)

Subscribe to 'unicyclist.org' (http://unicyclist.org/) using 'My Yahoo!'
(http://tinyurl.com/5wce7), 'newsgator' (http://tinyurl.com/536z6),
'feedster' (http://tinyurl.com/3ob2y), 'your own RSS client'
(http://tinyurl.com/6sza8) or anything else that handles 'RSS'
(http://unicyclist.org/blog/rss2.xml)!
leo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/224

Old January 30th 05, 05:50 PM
Hannah K.

Hi Unicyclotrone!

I think there was a Czech guy at the GMTW (German Muni and Trial
Weekend). If this is not you or your friend you could contact him
through his homepage www.jednokolka.cz

Good luck!
Hannah

--
Hannah K. - Skilled unicyclist
Hannah K.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5351

Old January 30th 05, 05:53 PM
wendino

Hi,

do you know

'Lukas' (http://www.jednokolka.cz/) ?
He should be from CZ ....

I also have some customer there but I don`t post names in a public
forum.
Please give me a PM with your mail address. IŽll give my customers your
mail address.

Roland

--
wendino - municycle.com

'municycle.com - Der Einradladen' (http://municycle.com)
wendino's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/689

Old January 30th 05, 06:04 PM
James_Potter

according to the unicyclist roster, there's seven in CR:
http://unicycling.org/roster/index.php?country=czech

--
James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

Old November 24th 07, 04:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ivan

I'm considering going to a university in Prague right now. That would
increase the unicyclist count there, no doubt.

--
ivan

Sledgehammer for Jebusentropy isn't what it used
to be.

Trying is the first step towards failure.
-Homer Simpson-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oagr6Ydjzdw
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 24th 07, 08:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
picado

hey man!

Here in Brazil we got the same problem. When me and another 3 friends
started unicycling it was only about us.

But what we are noticing now is that a lot of riders are hidden or we
cant find them yet.

now 3 years later on my city we are in like 5-6 street-trial riders
In Belo Horizonte that is another city i know of a Freestyle rider and
a trial rider
Both are the best on their category

So start a little meeting like one time per month.
Try to make some demonstrations to the public, take attention of the
crowd to your sport.
Be nice to people that ask about unicycling to circus.. Unicycling
extreme is really new to the world. Maybe one of the guy that asked
about unicycle and circus are really interested on uniycling.

Here in Brazil we got a lot of unicyclers that are jugglers or circus
related, but they are unicyclers anyway. Most are converting to the
sport itself

bye

Good Luck on your journey! It will take time but will be good for you
and for the uni community

--
picado

From HELL SP mono CLUBE!

###unicycle for JAH RASTAFARI###
One wheel in brazil
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 24th 07, 09:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
csuko

Well, I am in Ukraine and so far I haven't found any other unicyclists,
except my daughter who is 8.

If I am ever in Prague I'll send you a message.

--
csuko
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 24th 07, 11:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Sponge

I'm certain that there is the Czech trials champion, sponsored by Koxx..
just check the Koxx One site. his name's Martin Hruska, surely if the
CR can hold a national trials championship, then surely there must be
quite a few riders about?

--
Sponge

MSN: feel free to add

*"Bikes are made to do trials, unis aren't."- Joe Hodges*

*'TRITON SPONGE' (
http://tinyurl.com/2r7jk6)*
-Titanium frames, available in 19", 24", 26", 29", 36"-
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 24th 07, 11:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Probailer2

Sponge wrote:
I'm certain that there is the Czech trials champion, sponsored by Koxx..
just check the Koxx One site. his name's Martin Hruska, surely if the
CR can hold a national trials championship, then surely there must be
quite a few riders about?

Wanted to say the same
But yeah, Martin Hruska is a realy good rider.
Talked to him at FLUCK and he was quite cool and decent.

Peter M

--
Probailer2

Amanda ROCKS

Jerrick wrote:

I wonder if more people will start putting some themes into their uni
design. Except Koxx, they already have the drug theme covered.

http://www.usenet.com

comments about unicyclists Fred A Arnoldson Esq Unicycling 6 August 28th 04 07:44 AM
Boston area unicyclists One on one Unicycling 7 March 28th 04 10:44 PM
The Czech Republic Y Cymro UK 2 February 3rd 04 08:25 AM
Attention unicyclists from Germany, Canada and France (and other European countries) Jack Halpern Unicycling 9 January 23rd 04 05:13 PM
Final start list for WC Elite Men's Road Race Sonarrat Racing 4 October 7th 03 01:48 AM