slime

Old April 22nd 04, 06:18 PM
charles ramsey

Default slime

The bigest problem with slime is if you get a cut too big for the
slime to seal you cant put a patch on the tube the slime interferes
chemicaly with the glue it is not enough to let the slime dry. Is
there a slime like product that doesn't do this?
Old April 24th 04, 02:05 AM
LioNiNoiL_a t_NetscapE_D 0 T_NeT

The bigest problem with slime is if you get a cut too big
for the slime to seal you cant put a patch on the tube
the slime interferes chemicaly with the glue
it is not enough to let the slime dry.

The trick is to clean the area around the cut with a good solvent before
attempting the patch. A fluid sold as "rubber buffer" works great, but
on the road I carry physician's ethyl alcohol wipes, and they work well,
too.

Old April 24th 04, 11:06 PM
charles ramsey

LioNiNoiL_a t_NetscapE_D 0 T_NeT wrote in message news:J3jic.89295$U83.66480@fed1read03...
The bigest problem with slime is if you get a cut too big
for the slime to seal you cant put a patch on the tube
the slime interferes chemicaly with the glue
it is not enough to let the slime dry.

The trick is to clean the area around the cut with a good solvent before
attempting the patch. A fluid sold as "rubber buffer" works great, but
on the road I carry physician's ethyl alcohol wipes, and they work well,
too.

Sorry I tried to start a new thread I should have checked to see if
there was already a slime thread. Thanks for the tip. The carrier in
slime is antifreeze dogs will sometimes drink antifreeze and it kills
them maybe they can find a substitute.