Flickstand

Old April 24th 04, 04:11 AM
S o r n i

Default Flickstand

ZeeExSixAre wrote:

Excuse my ignorance, but what's a flickstand?

That's when a guy in front of you balances motionless on his bike and shoots
a booger at you.

Bill "slow night" S.

Old April 24th 04, 04:16 AM
Bill K.

I have one that fit on my old C' Dale.
They made them in all sizes. Great idea for a touring bike or a Rec.
bike.
If you put one on your crit bike, you will get a few laughs when you
come to the line.

Old April 24th 04, 09:28 AM
mary

I remember buying some "tiresavers" that worked real well. When I rode in
Arizona little thorns would get on your tires, and you would end up with
numerous flats. Tire savers brushed these off before the tire went down on
its next revolution. With tiresavers you could make your own. Somehow I
think you could also fashion your own flickstand.

Tom

Old April 25th 04, 01:59 AM
A Muzi

mary wrote:

I remember buying some "tiresavers" that worked real well. When I rode in
Arizona little thorns would get on your tires, and you would end up with
numerous flats. Tire savers brushed these off before the tire went down on
its next revolution. With tiresavers you could make your own. Somehow I
think you could also fashion your own flickstand.

I think it was Jay who noted the similarity between the
hokey Rhode Gear gear and Ron Popeil's creations. Sure you
_could_ just make your own "Pocket Fisherman", or stick any
small object between your brake lever and its body, but that
wouldn't satisfy the gadget geeks' need for gadgets.

Personally, I don't think tire savers do anything. But they
don't do anything bad, either. It's just someone else's
harmless indulgence. Tire Saver riders enjoy explaining how
they mounted them on the new bike as much as anything.
Remember the guys who replaced every possible fastener with
a purple anodized one? Like that.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Old April 25th 04, 06:39 PM
Chris Zacho The Wheelman

Use a toe strap. Wrap it around the DT and through the rim between the
spokes. It'll hold a lot better and there won't be any worries about it
coming lose and dragging on the tire while riding, because then it'll be
in your pack.

- -

"May you have the wind at your back.
And a really low gear for the hills!"