OT, but a nice summary for Mark and other Bush apologists

Old April 23rd 04, 05:47 AM
Ted Bennett

Default OT, but a nice summary for Mark and other Bush apologists

http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html

--
Ted Bennett
Portland OR
Old April 25th 04, 03:26 AM
Tim McNamara

Mark Hickey writes:

The Woodward book (the whole book, not select quotes out of context)
tells the story of a plan that came together over months, and a
growing acceptance of the fact that the UN was going to refuse to
back up any action to remove Saddam from power / enforce all the UN
resolutions.

I've not had the opportunity to read the whole book, but the reactions
to it are interesting. The pro-Bush contingent seems to think that it
shows Bush as a dynamic, decisive leader. The anti-Bush crowd seems
to think it shows him as an out of touch, right wing whacko
disregarding reality at the behest of his god. I guess that means
Woodward's book is "fair and balanced."

Old April 25th 04, 01:36 PM
Keith Willoughby

Mark Hickey wrote:

The "support" for Saddam goes all the way back to Kennedy.

Quite a long time before he came to power, then?

They're parking camels where the taxis used to be
Old April 25th 04, 01:36 PM
Keith Willoughby

Old April 25th 04, 05:47 PM
Kyle.B.H

"Ted Bennett" wrote in message
http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html

--
Ted Bennett
Portland OR

Nice web site too - a few quotes from the front page.

"There are three constituencies that are at the core of Bush's hopes for
election: The Ultra-Rich, the Stupid, and the Religious Right.

Unfortunately, there aren't enough millionaires to ensure his victory in the
upcoming election, but, fortunately, there are plenty of stupid
couch-potatoes that will march steadilly forth from their television sets to
cast their vote for ol' George.

Unfortunately, one can count on half of the stupid to be distracted by
something shiny en route to the voting booth, and thus will never make it
far enough to actually cast their ballots.

This leaves Bush with one core constituency to count on- the five million or
so religious protestant Bible thumpers than have been testing the limits of
generational inbreeding in the red states. These folks have a blind
adulation for Bush Jr that just boggles the mind."

Good stuff. You wonder why its difficult to take these people seriously.
You use slide shows put to music by anti Bush fanatics as your intellectual
ammunition. Myself, I prefer respectable news and opinion sources from
across spectrum, but at least you have so much fun.

Kyle

Old April 26th 04, 03:30 PM
Eagle Jackson

Silly me, I thought this was supposed to be a bicycling tech forum.
Old April 26th 04, 03:30 PM
Eagle Jackson

Silly me, I thought this was supposed to be a bicycling tech forum.
Old April 26th 04, 06:51 PM
Jonesy

"Kyle.B.H" wrote in message news:iYRic.31877$GR.4031626@attbi_s01...
"Ted Bennett" wrote in message
http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html

Good stuff. You wonder why its difficult to take these people seriously.
You use slide shows put to music by anti Bush fanatics as your intellectual
ammunition.

Anybody who thinks that this is serious news reporting, or is in any
way, shape or form "intellectual ammunition" is probably one of the
terminally stupid. Some of the facts and figures presented might have
weight, but that's something different. I don't suppose anyone's got
a refutation for those? Mere ad hominem commentary against the
producers doesn't have much rebuttal weight.
--
Jonesy