OT, but a nice summary for Mark and other Bush apologists

Old April 26th 04, 06:51 PM
Jonesy

Default OT, but a nice summary for Mark and other Bush apologists

"Kyle.B.H" wrote in message news:iYRic.31877$GR.4031626@attbi_s01...
"Ted Bennett" wrote in message
http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html

Good stuff. You wonder why its difficult to take these people seriously.
You use slide shows put to music by anti Bush fanatics as your intellectual
ammunition.

Anybody who thinks that this is serious news reporting, or is in any
way, shape or form "intellectual ammunition" is probably one of the
terminally stupid. Some of the facts and figures presented might have
weight, but that's something different. I don't suppose anyone's got
a refutation for those? Mere ad hominem commentary against the
producers doesn't have much rebuttal weight.
--
Jonesy
Old April 26th 04, 08:57 PM
Kyle.B.H

"Jonesy" wrote in message
om...
"Kyle.B.H" wrote in message

"Ted Bennett" wrote in message
http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html

Good stuff. You wonder why its difficult to take these people

seriously.
You use slide shows put to music by anti Bush fanatics as your

intellectual
ammunition.

Anybody who thinks that this is serious news reporting, or is in any
way, shape or form "intellectual ammunition" is probably one of the
terminally stupid.

Well, according to the OP, its a "nice summary".

Old April 26th 04, 10:22 PM
JP

"Kyle.B.H" wrote in message news:iYRic.31877$GR.4031626@attbi_s01...

Myself, I prefer respectable news and opinion sources from
across spectrum, but at least you have so much fun.

Your selective quotes show buzzflash using sarcasm combined with
hyperbole to make their point, probably worth thinking about, that
much of the GOP base has been duped into voting against their own
interests in favor of those of the ultrawealthy that benefit from
current GOP policies. (When the daughters of the ultrawealthy need
abortions, they will simply go on "vacation" to the appropriate
European country.)

You, on the other hand, used sarcasm combined with the much more
scholarly form of logic, called "quoting out of context", to make your
point, which, I guess, is that you don't like theirs.

JP

Old April 27th 04, 01:11 AM
Kyle.B.H

"JP" wrote in message
om...
"Kyle.B.H" wrote in message

Myself, I prefer respectable news and opinion sources from
across spectrum, but at least you have so much fun.

Your selective quotes show buzzflash using sarcasm combined with
hyperbole to make their point, probably worth thinking about, that
much of the GOP base has been duped into voting against their own
interests in favor of those of the ultrawealthy that benefit from
current GOP policies.

The interests of the farmer, the factory worker, and the "ultrawealthy" are
not mutually exclusive. The subject of the OP was a 'documentary' of the
US's relationship with Sadaam put to Sinatra's "Thanks for the Memories",
and you criticize me for using sarcasm!?!

(When the daughters of the ultrawealthy need
abortions, they will simply go on "vacation" to the appropriate
European country.)

Very relevant to the discussion - thanks for throwing that one in there.
I'm sure that's exactly what Bush is thinking. "Hey, lets pass a law so
that only my rich buddies' daughters can kill their near-term babies by
traveling to Europe - that'll really screw the average guy's daughters who
want to do the same! Ha Ha Ha!!!! (evil superhero laugh)."

You, on the other hand, used sarcasm combined with the much more

You already said that above.

scholarly form of logic, called "quoting out of context", to make your
point, which, I guess, is that you don't like theirs.

Please put the passages back in context for me. Paste the whole page
please. What did I leave out that somehow stripped those quotations of
their rationality?

For those keeping score, here's the link www.bushflash.com

Thanks,

Kyle

Old April 27th 04, 01:34 AM
Kyle.B.H

"Kyle.B.H" wrote in message

"JP" wrote in message
om...
"Kyle.B.H" wrote in message

Myself, I prefer respectable news and opinion sources from
across spectrum, but at least you have so much fun.

Your selective quotes show buzzflash using sarcasm combined with
hyperbole to make their point, probably worth thinking about, that
much of the GOP base has been duped into voting against their own
interests in favor of those of the ultrawealthy that benefit from
current GOP policies.

The interests of the farmer, the factory worker, and the "ultrawealthy"

are
not mutually exclusive. The subject of the OP was a 'documentary' of the
US's relationship with Sadaam put to Sinatra's "Thanks for the Memories",
and you criticize me for using sarcasm!?!

Actually, its probably Bob Hope or something, so you can leave that one
alone. (although Sinatra did have a version).