Duct Tape reduces vibration!

Old April 29th 04, 08:52 PM
Jacobe Hazzard

Default Duct Tape reduces vibration!

Luke wrote:
In article , terry
morse wrote:

Speaking of bike messengers, I was wandering around San Francisco last
Friday and noticed a strange trend. Lots of fixies without front
brakes! First of all, the thought of riding a single speed up some of
the San Francisco hills gives me pause. But relying on just your leg
muscles to stop in city traffic? That's, um...somewhat interesting.

Quite common. Misplaced machismo or a misguided sense of orthodoxy.
Regardless of the rationale the law of averages eventually asserts
itself: crash.

luke

I know a guy who couriers on a fixed with no brakes. When I asked him why
not add at least a front one he gave me a look like I'd asked him 'why not
use a foghorn?'

He's been involved in serious accidents three times.

OTOH a close friend of mine rides a BMX with no brakes, so not only does
he rely on his leg muscles but also his shoes to stop in traffic :-) I
recently built him a road bike to try to convince him of his folly and I
think he likes it.

Old April 29th 04, 11:35 PM
Luke

In article gers.com,
Jacobe Hazzard wrote:

Luke wrote:
Hope that helped Jacobe. Keep riding :-)
luke

Yeah, very informative. I'm thinking about doing a stint as a courier, as
I've always been curious and I think I would be pretty good at it. Also
it's an excuse to build up another bike.

By local perspective I just meant that Toronto is notoriously bad for bike
thefts. From what you said, it might be in my best interests to make my
bike look as cheap as it is (boutique wheels, what're those?) but still
identifiable.

Here's an example of the sort of wheels that I'd consider ill suited
for the job. Note: URL may wrap

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/....cfm?SKU=16579

Luke