Any link about Speed Ross Recumbent photos, specs, details etc.

Old August 17th 05, 11:41 AM
Mr.Sea

Default Any link about Speed Ross Recumbent photos, specs, details etc.

Do anybody know where can I find old "Speed Ross" Recumbent photos,
specifications, details, etc?

Thanks,

Mr.Sea
Old August 17th 05, 12:14 PM
Peter Clinch

Mr.Sea wrote:
Do anybody know where can I find old "Speed Ross" Recumbent photos,
specifications, details, etc?

There's a couple of sources I can suggest. Orbit Cycles (see
http://www.orbit-cycles.co.uk made the S-R under license as the Orbit
Crystal for some while, so I imagine they can tell you the basic details
fairly well (for a pic of a Crystal, there's one at
http://www.personal.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/cycling.htm).

Eventually, Ben Cooper at Kinetics (http://kinetics.org.uk) bought the
rights and bits to make the bikes, but eventually concluded that the
sort of cost they'd come in at wouldn't be competitive with various
continental speed machines, so I don't think he ever made any. But he
can almost certainly tell you exactly what the specs and details were.

Mine was a Crystal rather than a "genuine" Ross, but the basics should
be the same. Quite light, mesh seat, 700c rear and 20" front, boom
length adjusted for different rider sizes. No suspension, overseat
steering (as you'll see in that picture, not a tiller) and they were
good at Going Quite Fast.
A speedbag was available from Peter Ross, and various examples sport them.

HTH, Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Old August 18th 05, 04:22 AM
Edward Dolan

"Peter Clinch" wrote in message
[...]
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
net http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

One of these days I am actually going to call this jerk and nerd on his
freaking telephone and tell him what I think of him. The main thing I am
going to ask him, once I am done swearing at him, is what the f*** is a
medical physics IT officer. Can you imagine the ego of this nut and
screwball who wants all the world to know what the f*** it is that he does
to gain an income. Why can't others be humble and modest like me.

I believe he posts this nonsense just to irritate me. I am going to have my
estate sue him for damages if and when I keel over with a heart attack as a
result of his outrages.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old August 22nd 05, 04:55 PM
Mike Causer

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 13:41:25 +0300, Mr.Sea wrote:

Do anybody know where can I find old "Speed Ross" Recumbent photos,
specifications, details, etc?

I've got a pdf of the 2002 brochure/specification, and somewhere, a paper
copy of the 1998 spec, several photos of my own 1998 bike too. I do know
of at least three older Rosses locally, so photos are them are feasible.
Is your "Reply-to:" a real address?

Mike
Old August 30th 05, 02:50 AM
Mr.Sea

Mike Causer wrote:
On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 13:41:25 +0300, Mr.Sea wrote:

Do anybody know where can I find old "Speed Ross" Recumbent photos,
specifications, details, etc?

I've got a pdf of the 2002 brochure/specification, and somewhere, a paper
copy of the 1998 spec, several photos of my own 1998 bike too. I do know
of at least three older Rosses locally, so photos are them are feasible.
Is your "Reply-to:" a real address?

Mike

Hello Mike,

Yes, my reply to address is a real address, so please send me the pdf,
photos and whatever you can

Thank you very much

Mr.Sea