chain suck...

Old October 18th 05, 09:04 PM
Maggie

Default chain suck...

Maggie wrote:
Tom Keats wrote:
In article .net,
"~R" writes:

...sucks!

It's not /too/ bad if you can undo it without having
to resort to using tools. Either way, it gets your
hands grubby.

And it always seems to happen at the worst spot to
lose the hill that caused ya to shift to the granny,
which is generally when chain suck happens.

If it's pouring rain, chances of being inflicted
with chain suck seem to be increased umpteen-fold.

If anything sucks, it's bent granny rings.

cheers,
Tom

How can I possibly ride a bike and not know what the hell chain suck
is? It happens when you shift granny so it must not be pleasant. I
think I should google this.

Maggie.

Chain suck occurs when the teeth of the sprocket refuse to release the
chain drawing it up and over. OK...I know as much about chain suck as I
did before. I need to just keep riding my bike and stop thinking about
all this stuff. I'm taking my designer purse and leaving this
newsgroup. And don't tell me not to let the door slam me in the ass as
I go. I can read your minds by now. But you know I will be back
eventually. I am a pain in the ass you know. But a cute one. ;-) Even
at my old age. ;-) BYE!!!!!!!!

Maggie

Old October 18th 05, 09:17 PM
Tom Keats

In article .com,
"Maggie" writes:

How can I possibly ride a bike and not know what the hell chain suck
is? It happens when you shift granny so it must not be pleasant. I
think I should google this.

Here ya go:
http://www.fagan.co.za/Bikes/Csuck/

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old October 18th 05, 10:22 PM
Violet Tigress

In article ,
"Roger Zoul" wrote:

:
: Is this porn?

Yes.

*********
But does it nibble?
Old October 19th 05, 12:48 AM
Zoot Katz

Tue, 18 Oct 2005 14:22:56 -0700,
,
Violet Tigress wrote:

In article ,
"Roger Zoul" wrote:

:
: Is this porn?

Yes.

*********
But does it nibble?

Not in church.
--
zk
Old October 19th 05, 12:54 AM
Neil Brooks

Zoot Katz wrote:

Tue, 18 Oct 2005 14:22:56 -0700,
,
Violet Tigress wrote:

In article ,
"Roger Zoul" wrote:

:
: Is this porn?

Yes.

*********
But does it nibble?

Not in church.

Is that according to the Pew Research Center poll?
--
Live simply so that others may simply live
Old October 19th 05, 01:25 AM
Zoot Katz

Tue, 18 Oct 2005 23:54:23 GMT,
, Neil Brooks
wrote:

Zoot Katz wrote:

Tue, 18 Oct 2005 14:22:56 -0700,
,
Violet Tigress wrote:

In article ,
"Roger Zoul" wrote:

:
: Is this porn?

Yes.

*********
But does it nibble?

Not in church.

Is that according to the Pew Research Center poll?

I'm glad somebody brought up religious sects.
--
zk
Old October 19th 05, 01:39 AM
Leo Lichtman

"Zoot Katz" wrote: I'm glad somebody brought up religious sects.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Don't you mean religious sex?

Old October 19th 05, 01:42 AM
Leo Lichtman

"Jørn Dahl-Stamnes" wrote: (clip) intelligent discussion at the White House
just before the Iraq war... ;-)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Why are you referring to a non-existant topic?

Old October 19th 05, 03:12 AM
Marlene Blanshay

Jørn Dahl-Stamnes wrote:
Maggie wrote:

Zoot Katz wrote:

Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:57:12 -0400,
, Marlene Blanshay
wrote:

Bill Sornson wrote:

~R wrote:

...sucks!

...jams!

blows!

tickles.
--
zk

Is this porn?

Does not look like it... it sounds more like a intelligent discussion at the
White House just before the Iraq war... ;-)

LOL...
Old October 19th 05, 03:20 AM
Brian Sanderson

Allow me to add my .02$ on Maggie's behalf:

Chain suck SUCKS...because:

-Broken Chains
-Bent Sprockets (particularily Granny Gears)
-Broken or Chipped Sprocket Teeth.
-Chewed-up Rear Derailleurs

and occaisionally,

-Broken Spokes

I've had all the above occur (except the broken spokes), and been thrown
from the bike on one really BAD one...(crest of a hill).