Warning: H*lm*t content

Old August 27th 05, 08:27 AM
TimC

Default Warning: H*lm*t content

On 2005-08-22, Theo Bekkers (aka Bruce)
David Trudgett wrote:

If a person adheres to a religion[*]
[*] And yes, +everyone+ adheres to a religion, even "atheists".

Of course they do. Not believing in God is a religion, just as not believing
in the Tooth Fairy is a religion.

Theo
Avowed Atoothfairianist.

You're not a Flying Spagetti Monsterist?

I first thought the squid that cfsmtb drew lastnight was His Noodly
Appendage.

--
TimC
A smoking section in a restaurant is like a peeing section in a
Old August 27th 05, 08:30 AM
TimC

On 2005-08-22, flaco (aka Bruce)
"But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate
of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation."
1 Thessalonians 5

So, don't drink and don't wear a helmet and you'll have to hope for
salvation. I assume you have been wearing a helmet? Religions is always
riddles to me.

I am not sure who Faith is though.

That cute girl from Buffy? The girl with the red hair, she was Faith,
wasn't she? Or am I getting confused in my excitement again?

--
TimC
Probably best see a real doctor and not take too much diagnostic advice
Old August 27th 05, 08:35 AM
TimC

On 2005-08-22, David Trudgett (aka Bruce)
On the other hand, if your religious beliefs include a belief in the
goodness of violence (which includes denying medical care to those who
need it), then just come right out and say it.

I'm perfectly for a law stating that if you break a law in a severely
blatant and stupid manner, then you are responsible for your own
medical needs resulting from that action. On the other hand, yes,
society should share all medical costs resulting from something out of
a person's control.

Imagine how much smarter humanity would become in such a short time?
Evolution restored back to humanity, instead of humans becoming
stupider and stupider each year for the past 100 years. Imagine how
much more responsible car drivers may become for their own actions?

--
TimC
I bet the human brain is a kludge.
Old August 27th 05, 08:38 AM
Euan

"TimC" == TimC writes:

TimC On 2005-08-22, Euan (aka Bruce) was almost, but not quite,
TimC entirely unlike tea:

The human brain is not a vegetable.

TimC Try telling that to Prado drivers.

Sweet.

Note: not following this thread, more a testament to my faith in Tim for
a witty comment :-)
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\,
Old August 27th 05, 08:51 AM
TimC

On 2005-08-23, Bleve (aka Bruce)

Euan wrote:

Just about every paper published has an axe to grind. A paper doesn't
get written unless someone's trying to prove something.

There's axes, and there's axes!

That's not a pair of axes. That's an abscissa and ordinate.

--
TimC
"And Rob convinced me to learn perl. But now that I'm
Old August 27th 05, 09:03 AM
TimC

On 2005-08-22, Theo Bekkers (aka Bruce)
Resound wrote:
Ok, that's valid, assuming a dead flat surface wherever you ride a
bike...you know, no gutters, rocks, logs, parked cars etc.

I think I said that. A bicycle helmet is only useful for an impact with the
ground. Light poles are a serious health hazard.

As an ex amateur astronomer, I can heartily endorse banning
lightpoles (and all other forms of light pollution).

--
TimC
TELESCOPE, n.
Old August 27th 05, 09:05 AM
TimC

On 2005-08-23, Theo Bekkers (aka Bruce)
I'm happy to take responsibility for my own health and welfare.

Are you sure about that? I was under the impression that *all*
healthcare, even private, is subsidised in .au?

--
TimC
The universe was strange after we had beauty and truth replaced
Old August 27th 05, 09:59 AM
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Sat, 27 Aug 2005 18:05:08 +1000
On 2005-08-23, Theo Bekkers (aka Bruce)
I'm happy to take responsibility for my own health and welfare.

Are you sure about that? I was under the impression that *all*
healthcare, even private, is subsidised in .au?

Definitely.

The 30% premium rebate, the medicare cap, various sweetheart deals with
insurers....

Zebee

--
Zebee Johnstone ), proud holder of
aus.motorcycles Poser Permit #1.
Old August 27th 05, 02:04 PM
Resound

That cute girl from Buffy? The girl with the red hair, she was Faith,
wasn't she? Or am I getting confused in my excitement again?

I think you're thinking of Willow (I used to live with a bunch of Buffy
fanatics) and yes Alyson Hannigan (I think that's her name) is most cute.

Old August 28th 05, 08:47 AM
dave

On 2005-08-22, Euan (aka Bruce)

"Claes" == Claes writes:

Claes I for one, can not understand how someone can say that
Claes helmets do no good. Must be me that is thick. Put a soft
Claes veggie in a helmet, drop it on the ground so the helmet hits
Claes the ground first, veggie will prolly survive from head
Claes height. Drop veggie from same height, veggie will go
Claes "splat". To me that shows it could help in accident, and I
Claes really can not see how it could make an injury worse.

The human brain is not a vegetable.

Try telling that to Prado drivers.

So true. but it makes the assumption they are human

RR: On The Road (Warning: GRS Content) Ride-A-Lot Mountain Biking 0 June 6th 05 02:29 AM
severe weather warning joemarshall Unicycling 15 January 14th 05 05:41 AM
Weather warning ... elyob UK 11 January 4th 05 11:54 PM
Warning! OT Political Content!!! Steven Bornfeld Racing 15 October 31st 04 11:06 PM
Today (warning: on topic content) Just zis Guy, you know? UK 3 April 25th 04 12:40 AM