Out of shape -- or maybe not?

Old February 13th 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default Out of shape -- or maybe not?

"SlowRider" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

All top posters are idiots!

So, don't sweat it. From your other posts, I'd guess you're in pretty
darned good shape.

Claire is in terrible shape. She does not know whether she is coming or
going. She badly needs the counsel of the Great Ed Dolan to relearn what it
is to be a woman. She has a bad case of terminal gender confusion. She wants
to be a man doing manly things. She has lost her way and has become like a
poor little lamb wandering in the wilderness.

In the room the women come and go
Talking of Michelangelo.

T.S. Eliot - The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

SlowRider instead of encouraging her ought to be remonstrating with her to
return to her womanly ways. The last thing the world needs is to have women
competing with men. Claire should stay at home and bake some cakes and do
other good womanly things and leave the cycling to us.

In the room the women come and go
Talking of Michelangelo.

T.S. Eliot - The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

Only Catholic priests and other celibates like myself are qualified to
counsel women in how they should behave and how they should be. The rest of
you don't know one blasted thing about women as you have been corrupted by
their wily ways and brainwashed to boot by the always politically correct
media who would have you believe that men and women are the same. This is
total nonsense of course. Hells Bells, we all knew in kindergarten that
girls were as different from boys as it is possible to get and still be one
species. It is a wonder we can even get together to reproduce.

Thus spake Zarathustra.

Regards.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old February 14th 06, 05:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

While I appreciate your attempt at satire, you've got a ways to go
before it's funny. Subtlety, kiddo -- you're using a jackhammer where
a small jeweler's hammer would do.

-JR

Old February 14th 06, 09:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"SlowRider" wrote in message
ups.com...
While I appreciate your attempt at satire, you've got a ways to go
before it's funny. Subtlety, kiddo -- you're using a jackhammer where
a small jeweler's hammer would do.

All top posters are idiots! But SlowRider does not even bottom post. He just
screws it up totally.

Yes, it is a mix of satire and the honest brutal truth. Deciding which is
which is what it is all about. However, I mean to roil the waters more than
to be funny. The only way to get anything out of most folk is to exaggerate
for effect. That way you at least get their attention.

The only sin on newsgroup posting is to be dull. According to that
criterion, everyone fails most of the time. I only want NOT to be dull like
all the rest of you!

Old February 14th 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"SlowRider" wrote in message
ups.com...
While I appreciate your attempt at satire, you've got a ways to go
before it's funny. Subtlety, kiddo -- you're using a jackhammer where
a small jeweler's hammer would do.

?

This must reference a post by someone I killfiled.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/
Sponsor me for the Big Climb! See: www.active.com/donate/cpetersky06
See the books I've set free at:

Old February 15th 06, 01:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Claire Petersky" wrote in message
ink.net...
"SlowRider" wrote in message
ups.com...
While I appreciate your attempt at satire, you've got a ways to go
before it's funny. Subtlety, kiddo -- you're using a jackhammer where
a small jeweler's hammer would do.

?

This must reference a post by someone I killfiled.

Claire and Helen are just about the funniest gals I have ever encountered on
a newsgroup. Unlike many others on ARBR, they are at least women and not
pretend men. Helen is the more aggressive by far. Claire is someone you
could probably go for a bike ride with and not come back all ****ed off
about that screwed up sex.

However, if they continue to post their inanities to this group, it is just
a matter of time until they learn what I think of them no matter how hard
they try to hide. Not all posters to this group are as stupidly considerate
as old SlowPoke here. He thinks females need to be defended by the likes of
him even though they are posting to an essentially all male newsgroup.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

PS. Beware fellows! Innocent little Claire means to "kill" you too, just
like she has "killfiled" me. Her "warm regards" are only for herself, not
for you!

Old February 15th 06, 02:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Edward Dolan wrote:
The only sin on newsgroup posting is to be dull. According to that
criterion, everyone fails most of the time. I only want NOT to be dull like
all the rest of you!

I've seen your kind dozens of times before. You are neither
interesting nor original - merely another in a long stream of odious,
abusive trolls.

Congratulations, you've made my killfile.

-JR

Old February 15th 06, 07:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"SlowRider" wrote in message
oups.com...
Edward Dolan wrote:
The only sin on newsgroup posting is to be dull. According to that
criterion, everyone fails most of the time. I only want NOT to be dull
like
all the rest of you!

I've seen your kind dozens of times before. You are neither
interesting nor original - merely another in a long stream of odious,
abusive trolls.

Congratulations, you've made my killfile.

Jeez, the idiot FINALLY posted in the correct and proper form, although he
should have indicated somehow that he had edited my message. So he still has
things to learn, but I am too weary to teach him.

It is an honor to be placed in the kill file of slugs like SlowRider. I
mean, what could I possibly gain from him when he can't even post right. The
fact is, my Greatness will not permit it. All he is good for is as a foil
for my genius, but he hardly qualifies even for that lowly role. Nay, we are
far, far better off without each other. I leave SlowRider to others like
him - slow, dull and unimaginative. May they bore one another to death and
live happily ever after!

By the way, I am thinking of starting up a class in how to make friends. As
far as I can see, you are all eligible for this class. My instruction will
open up your eyes and show you everything you have ever done wrong in your
life in that department. When I am through with you you will have at least
one or two friends - maybe! Why go through your miserable lives alienating
everyone you come into contact with when I can so easily correct it?

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

PS. Anyone, and I do mean anyone, who takes Usenet and newsgroups seriously
has got to have rocks in their heads. Were you born yesterday or are you
just terminally stupid? That is the question for you to ponder for the rest
of the day.