When being overtaken, slow down if necessary.

Old March 3rd 14, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Default When being overtaken, slow down if necessary.

On Sun, 2 Mar 2014 14:22:22 -0800 (PST), Simon Jester
wrote:

On Sunday, 2 March 2014 21:30:55 UTC, Dave VOR wrote:

The real problem is the **** using a child's toy as transport.

When your children use their toys in public do they have 3rd party insurance?

Of course he does, his fridge/freezer insurance includes it
Old March 3rd 14, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Monday, 3 March 2014 11:01:30 UTC, Judith wrote:

Of course he does, his fridge/freezer insurance includes it

But Dave refuses to accept that home contents insurance covers
primary road users for their liabilities.
I therefore assume he has specific cover for his children and their toys.
After all even a football can cause property damage, especially to cars.
Old March 3rd 14, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 03/03/2014 18:46, Simon Jester wrote:
On Monday, 3 March 2014 11:01:30 UTC, Judith wrote:

Of course he does, his fridge/freezer insurance includes it

But Dave refuses to accept that home contents insurance covers
primary road users for their liabilities.
I therefore assume he has specific cover for his children and their toys.
After all even a football can cause property damage, especially to cars.

if all these cyclists have this insurance, why do they clear off
smartish after hurting someone or damaging something?
Old March 3rd 14, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Mon, 03 Mar 2014 18:50:17 +0000, Mrcheerful
wrote:

On 03/03/2014 18:46, Simon Jester wrote:
On Monday, 3 March 2014 11:01:30 UTC, Judith wrote:

Of course he does, his fridge/freezer insurance includes it

But Dave refuses to accept that home contents insurance covers
primary road users for their liabilities.
I therefore assume he has specific cover for his children and their toys.
After all even a football can cause property damage, especially to cars.

if all these cyclists have this insurance, why do they clear off
smartish after hurting someone or damaging something?

I have often wondered the same thing.

I would like to think that they only clear off after a typically
English misunderstanding:

Cyclist - "I'm terribly sorry, I just didn't see you, are you OK?"

Pedestrian - "No, no, no, it's all my fault. I'm fine thank you." As
blood pumps from the wounded pensioner's jugular.

Cyclist - "OK then, if you are sure you are OK I'll be off."

However, that is probably wishful thinking, and the hit-n-run cyclist
is just a nasty person.
Old March 3rd 14, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

Good post Dave.

(It was you Dave, wasn't it?)

Old March 3rd 14, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

On 02/03/2014 22:22, Simon Jester wrote:
On Sunday, 2 March 2014 21:30:55 UTC, Dave VOR wrote:

The real problem is the **** using a child's toy as transport.

When your children use their toys in public do they have 3rd party insurance?

They are 27 & 31 years old.

Old March 3rd 14, 09:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave-Cyclists VORT

On 03/03/2014 18:46, Simon Jester wrote:
On Monday, 3 March 2014 11:01:30 UTC, Judith wrote:

Of course he does, his fridge/freezer insurance includes it

But Dave refuses to accept that home contents insurance covers
primary road users for their liabilities.

That's because it doesn't.

--
Dave-Cyclists VORT
Motorists pay £46 billion a year in extra taxes, specifically so they
Old March 3rd 14, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Hell! Was my post _that_ devoid of intellectual argument!?

(It was you Dave, wasn't it?)

Phew - you noticed there was more substance to my argument than any
Old March 4th 14, 08:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave- Cyclists VORC

wrote:

[...]

No, it wasn't your usual level of stupidity, that's why people though it
came from me.

(It was you Dave, wasn't it?)

Phew - you noticed there was more substance to my argument than any
post by Plankwit.

Written by someone who's idea of intellectual argument is to use the
somewhat childish term plankwit........

--
Dave - Cyclists VORC
Bicycles are for Children. Like masturbation, something you should grow

Just slow down Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 8 October 16th 11 04:48 AM
Slow Day... Bill Sornson[_5_] Techniques 0 April 10th 10 07:48 PM
How slow am I? Weisse General 31 August 14th 05 03:09 AM
CN slow? sonarrat Racing 3 May 6th 05 11:05 PM
Too slow in Italy. How slow? DaveB Australia 2 February 28th 04 09:38 PM