When being overtaken, slow down if necessary.

Old March 4th 14, 09:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

Default When being overtaken, slow down if necessary.

On Monday, 3 March 2014 21:59:39 UTC, Dave VOR wrote:

That's because it doesn't.

So if your children damage my car what insurance do you have to cover it?

Old March 4th 14, 10:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Tue, 04 Mar 2014 08:23:18 +0000, Dave- Cyclists VORC
wrote:

On 03/03/2014 22:57, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Mon, 03 Mar 2014 20:22:20 +0000, Judith
wrote:

On Mon, 03 Mar 2014 19:31:28 +0000, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

On Mon, 03 Mar 2014 18:50:17 +0000, Mrcheerful
wrote:

On 03/03/2014 18:46, Simon Jester wrote:
On Monday, 3 March 2014 11:01:30 UTC, Judith wrote:

Of course he does, his fridge/freezer insurance includes it

But Dave refuses to accept that home contents insurance covers
primary road users for their liabilities.
I therefore assume he has specific cover for his children and their toys.
After all even a football can cause property damage, especially to cars.

if all these cyclists have this insurance, why do they clear off
smartish after hurting someone or damaging something?

I have often wondered the same thing.

I would like to think that they only clear off after a typically
English misunderstanding:

Cyclist - "I'm terribly sorry, I just didn't see you, are you OK?"

Pedestrian - "No, no, no, it's all my fault. I'm fine thank you." As
blood pumps from the wounded pensioner's jugular.

Cyclist - "OK then, if you are sure you are OK I'll be off."

However, that is probably wishful thinking, and the hit-n-run cyclist
is just a nasty person.

Good post Dave.

Hell! Was my post _that_ devoid of intellectual argument!?

No, it wasn't your usual level of stupidity, that's why people though it
came from me.

(It was you Dave, wasn't it?)

Phew - you noticed there was more substance to my argument than any
post by Plankwit.

Written by someone who's idea of intellectual argument is to use the
somewhat childish term plankwit........

It was you who helped originally define the term.

There was a discussion about someone who had nine bicycles stolen.

I commented that to have one bike stolen was unlucky, to have two
bikes stolen was unfortunate, to have three bikes stolen was stupid,
but I was at a complete loss for the term for having nine bikes
stolen.

A comment from you gave me the term Plankwitted, i.e. as dim-witted as
a "professional handyman" laying a deck with one white plank.

Note: I used the term "professional handyman" in inverted commas, as
the term appears to be oxymoronic.

Anyway - I am pleased that your name, Plankwit, is considered childish
by you. For someone who considers, or pretends to consider, a bicycle
to be a child's toy it is highly suitable.
Old March 4th 14, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
al Mossah[_3_]

On Saturday, March 1, 2014 1:38:26 PM UTC, Mrcheerful wrote:
Simples really, if you can see a vehicle needs more room to get through,

just slow up a little or brake if needed, just carrying on and getting

yourself in a narrowing gap is potty, presumably a compo cam makes you

feel invincible?

http://www.burnleyexpress.net/news/l...mera-1-6470125

I fixed it for you (below)

Simples (sic) really, if you can see a vehicle needs more time to get through,
just slow up a little or brake if needed, just carrying on and wiping the vehicle and rider out by getting yourself in a narrowing gap is potty, presumably a big lorry makes you feel invincible?
Old March 4th 14, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 04/03/2014 15:28, al Mossah wrote:
On Saturday, March 1, 2014 1:38:26 PM UTC, Mrcheerful wrote:
Simples really, if you can see a vehicle needs more room to get through,

just slow up a little or brake if needed, just carrying on and getting

yourself in a narrowing gap is potty, presumably a compo cam makes you

feel invincible?

http://www.burnleyexpress.net/news/l...mera-1-6470125

I fixed it for you (below)

Simples (sic) really, if you can see a vehicle needs more time to get through,
just slow up a little or brake if needed, just carrying on and wiping the vehicle and rider out by getting yourself in a narrowing gap is potty, presumably a big lorry makes you feel invincible?

certainly, but using the road involves everyone. Just ploughing on
regardless as the cyclist did is as wrong as the lorry misjudging the
distance available. Trying to take the moral high ground does not keep
you safe, but it might end your life.
Old March 4th 14, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
al Mossah[_3_]

On Tuesday, March 4, 2014 4:10:12 PM UTC, Mrcheerful wrote:
[...]

The cyclist didn't "plough on", he did what we all would do, namely duck out in order to continue living. This type of thing is all too common; happens to me not infrequently but fortunately for me not as bad as this.
Old March 4th 14, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 04/03/2014 17:18, al Mossah wrote:
[...]

it is part of using the road, there is no need to film it or snivel to
others, nor scream at the lorry driver, it is just part of using the
road system.
If I rode around like that I would feel that I was a failure at using
the road.
The situation the cyclist was in was entirely foreseeable to a competent
road user, and that is the problem, cyclists are , in the main, entirely
untrained and incompetent, yet feel that they are God's gift to the planet.
Old March 4th 14, 07:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave- Cyclists VORC

On 04/03/2014 09:33, Simon Jester wrote:
On Monday, 3 March 2014 21:59:39 UTC, Dave VOR wrote:

That's because it doesn't.

So if your children damage my car what insurance do you have to cover it?

My fridge freezer insurance.

--
Dave - Cyclists VORC
Bicycles are for Children. Like masturbation, something you should grow
Old March 4th 14, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 04/03/2014 17:18, al Mossah wrote:

The cyclist didn't "plough on", he did what we all would do, namely
duck out in order to continue living. This type of thing is all too
common; happens to me not infrequently but fortunately for me not as
bad as this.

Then chose a proper form of transport.

vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."
Old March 4th 14, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Stanley Daniel de Liver[_2_]

On Tue, 04 Mar 2014 19:50:12 -0000, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

On 04/03/2014 17:18, al Mossah wrote:

The cyclist didn't "plough on", he did what we all would do, namely
duck out in order to continue living. This type of thing is all too
common; happens to me not infrequently but fortunately for me not as
bad as this.

Then chose a proper form of transport.

Yawn.

--
It's a money /life balance.
Old March 5th 14, 01:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

newsp.xb7rpcr6o4et73@dell3100...

wrote:

On 04/03/2014 17:18, al Mossah wrote:

The cyclist didn't "plough on", he did what we all would do, namely
duck out in order to continue living. This type of thing is all too
common; happens to me not infrequently but fortunately for me not as
bad as this.

Then chose a proper form of transport.

Yawn.

Yet another dozy cyclist.

Just slow down Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 8 October 16th 11 04:48 AM
Slow Day... Bill Sornson[_5_] Techniques 0 April 10th 10 07:48 PM
How slow am I? Weisse General 31 August 14th 05 03:09 AM
CN slow? sonarrat Racing 3 May 6th 05 11:05 PM
Too slow in Italy. How slow? DaveB Australia 2 February 28th 04 09:38 PM