Has any one seen......

Old March 7th 07, 12:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tim Hall

Default Has any one seen......

........the missing crank bolt from my fixer?

Having picked the brains of the group regarding bottom bracket length,
and done some mesasuring, I ordered a 107mm UN53 from chainreaction.
Arrived, as promised the next day (today). Just got in from the
garage having fitted it (greased the threads, getting the old one out
involved swearing, long levers, Plus Gas, more swearing, effort and
knuckles), followed by the new chainset and shiny new chain. Except
I've misplaced one of the shiny new crank bolts, the sort with a
sealing wsker built in. Bugger. It's in the garage somewhere, but
eluding me.

Bike looks dead good though.

Tim
Old March 7th 07, 03:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven

Tim Hall wrote on 07/03/2007 00:12 +0100:
........the missing crank bolt from my fixer?

Having picked the brains of the group regarding bottom bracket length,
and done some mesasuring, I ordered a 107mm UN53 from chainreaction.
Arrived, as promised the next day (today). Just got in from the
garage having fitted it (greased the threads, getting the old one out
involved swearing, long levers, Plus Gas, more swearing, effort and
knuckles), followed by the new chainset and shiny new chain. Except
I've misplaced one of the shiny new crank bolts, the sort with a
sealing wsker built in. Bugger. It's in the garage somewhere, but
eluding me.

It'll be under the fridge.

--
Tony

"...has many omissions and contains much that is apocryphal, or at least
wildly inaccurate..."
Douglas Adams; The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Old March 7th 07, 07:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd

Tony Raven said the following on 07/03/2007 03:59:

It'll be under the fridge.

Ah - a Mint Sauce fan?

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old March 7th 07, 07:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven

Paul Boyd wrote on 07/03/2007 07:33 +0100:
Tony Raven said the following on 07/03/2007 03:59:

It'll be under the fridge.

Ah - a Mint Sauce fan?

I think it pre-dates that
http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=fridge+suck

Old March 7th 07, 09:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
soup

Tim Hall wrote:
.......the missing crank bolt from my fixer?

You'll find it the second after you get a replacement.

--
www.cheesesoup.myby.co.uk
Old March 7th 07, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian G

Tim Hall wrote:
.......the missing crank bolt from my fixer?

Having picked the brains of the group regarding bottom bracket length,
and done some mesasuring, I ordered a 107mm UN53 from chainreaction.
Arrived, as promised the next day (today). Just got in from the
garage having fitted it (greased the threads, getting the old one out
involved swearing, long levers, Plus Gas, more swearing, effort and
knuckles), followed by the new chainset and shiny new chain. Except
I've misplaced one of the shiny new crank bolts, the sort with a
sealing wsker built in. Bugger. It's in the garage somewhere, but
eluding me.

Bike looks dead good though.

Try looking very very hard for something else. That way you're bound to
find it.

--
Brian G
www.wetwo.co.uk
Old March 7th 07, 11:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Carol Hague

Tony Raven wrote:

Tim Hall wrote on 07/03/2007 00:12 +0100:
........the missing crank bolt from my fixer?

Having picked the brains of the group regarding bottom bracket length,
and done some mesasuring, I ordered a 107mm UN53 from chainreaction.
Arrived, as promised the next day (today). Just got in from the
garage having fitted it (greased the threads, getting the old one out
involved swearing, long levers, Plus Gas, more swearing, effort and
knuckles), followed by the new chainset and shiny new chain. Except
I've misplaced one of the shiny new crank bolts, the sort with a
sealing wsker built in. Bugger. It's in the garage somewhere, but
eluding me.

It'll be under the fridge.

Or down the back of the sofa.

Or, if it's greasy, on the most espensive thing in the vicinity that
will stain.

--
Carol
"Never trust a man wearing leather shorts and a plastic dressing gown"

Old March 7th 07, 03:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bookieb

On Mar 7, 12:12 am, Tim Hall wrote:
.......the missing crank bolt from my fixer?

Having picked the brains of the group regarding bottom bracket length,
and done some mesasuring, I ordered a 107mm UN53 from chainreaction.
Arrived, as promised the next day (today). Just got in from the
garage having fitted it (greased the threads, getting the old one out
involved swearing, long levers, Plus Gas, more swearing, effort and
knuckles), followed by the new chainset and shiny new chain. Except
I've misplaced one of the shiny new crank bolts, the sort with a
sealing wsker built in. Bugger. It's in the garage somewhere, but
eluding me.

Bike looks dead good though.

Tim

How's the chainline?

Did it work out OK in the end?

Regards,

bookieb.

Old March 7th 07, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd

On 07/03/2007 06:14, mb said,

It'll be in the last place you look, so try there first.

That does work. I have two identical boxes of screwdrivers, but one has
cross-head and one has flat. To get the box I want I reach for one,
then grab the other. Works for me :-)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old March 7th 07, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tim Hall

On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 00:14:13 -0600, mb
wrote:

On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 00:12:55 +0000, Tim Hall wrote:

.......the missing crank bolt from my fixer?

It'll be in the last place you look, so try there first.

Ah, good idea. Looked under son's old bike and there it was.

Thanks for the help....

Tim