FOR SALE: Hotta Time Trial Triathlon Bike - Medium

Old December 2nd 03, 09:51 PM
Lee Sossen

Default FOR SALE: Hotta Time Trial Triathlon Bike - Medium

This is a size medium Hotta Time Trial bike (700c), maybe the fastest
production bike ever made. I am asking for $2500 with everything
below. It is the equivalent of a 54-57cm. It is grey with yellow
decals. I have been the sole rider and have had it since 1997. The
fork is the super-slick Hotta fork. The frame and fork originally sold
for $3,500.00. The Hotta is fully built up with:

Front Zipp 404 (2001 tubular, bought NOS this spring) with a Tufo S3
Lite
Rear Zipp 950 disk (~1995 tubular) with a Vittoria Crono CS
Profile Carbon X one-piece setup bought new this spring
Dia-Compe Reverse-Pull Brake Levers
Campy Record 175mm cranks, including 54, 55, and 56 tooth front chain
rings
Shimano Ultegra 8-speed bar end shifters, with 11-19 rear cassette
Dia-Compe BRS-200 SL Titanium Brake Calipers (incredibly light, but
not the most powerful brakes ever made--I personally would not use
them on my road bike, but they are great for time trials and
triathlons)

The Hotta is in great condition. It was not used at all in 2001 and
2002, during which time the frame hung on my wall. I used it for three
duathlons and the same number of training rides this year before I got
a new bike (that fits me a little better). The bike has never been
crashed. The paint has a few chips from road debris. Also, part of the
Hotta decals are smeared on the right side (Hotta did not put a clear
coat over the decals).

This is one of the fastest, most aerodynamic time trial bikes ever
made. Due to current UCI regulations, anything other than a double
diamond configuration is illegal in international events sanctioned by
the UCI, but the USCF does not follow the UCI regulations (page 140 of
the 2003 rules states, "These regulations do not apply to USCF
domestic races.").

I am selling because I am 5'7" and the bike is a little to big for me
with the Profile Carbon-X setup. Until this spring, I used a Look
ErgoStem. Because I could not recreate that position with the Carbon-X
(although it is very adjustable), I have gotten a new tt bike. This
bike will fit anyone from about my size (if they are not
super-aggressive in their position) to over 6 foot. Or, you can go
back to an ErgoStem and create whatever size you would like (as of
now, I am not including the ErgoStem with the bike).

I have put nearly $5500 into this bike during the time I have had it.
It truly is a work of art that doubles as one of the fastest bikes
ever made.

I am asking $2500 + shipping (I live in New York City).
Please email me at with any questions or for
pictures.