RR: A fool & His Money

Old April 26th 05, 02:51 AM
TBF::.

You need to take into account that $700 cdn is like $63.47 usd so it
was a pretty good deal.

Man...that's cold hearted

Old April 26th 05, 02:51 AM
TBF::.

Old April 26th 05, 05:07 AM
Pippen

"TBF::." wrote in message
Ok I lied, this really isn't an RR. It ****ed like a drunk sailor all
week/weekend so riding was out of the question unless I wanted to play
roadie (Hell No).

I was bored and decided to go check out some new sporting equipment, and
came upon this little gem... http://oakley.com/o/o1212d and well, before
you can say "a fool and his money", I bought one, at $700 CAN...what an
idiot. At least that's how I felt until I tried them out on the trail
today. They work like a charm and it was cool not to fiddle with wires and
all that other shiite. Sound quality was equal to the family iPod, and
looked just as cool.

The optics are bang-on too, just the right amount of clarity given the
amount of sunlight they block out, although that's subjective, it's still
cloudy on and off. The build is classic Oakley, overdone, but solid and
durable as hell. I can vouch for that because I got tangled up with some
riders on a blind corner doing 15Km and they didn't leave my face. Not
even a scratch on the lens.

So the $125 pair of Rudy's goes to the little bro...

Seriously though, check these out sometime if you haven't already, just
don't blow your cash!!

I'm going to wait a bit for the price to come down or someone else to start
doing it (Oakley's are not my favorite), I really like the idea. There have
been a few road rides that if someone had a pair on the spot I would have
bought them (frustrated with the MP3 Player wire).

Where does the battery go, is it replaceable and rechargeable? Is there any
output to let you know remaining battery power, song etc? Is the USB port
integrated well, not sticking out with a rubber dust cover on it?

It was only a foolish purchase if you can not afford them... I drive a $2000
vehicle and ride a $5000 mountain bike, it's a priority thing.

Have fun with them and laugh at me when go by as I'm fighting with the wires
on my MP3 player.

-p

Old April 26th 05, 12:33 PM
TBF::.

I'm going to wait a bit for the price to come down or someone else to
start doing it (Oakley's are not my favorite), I really like the idea.
There have been a few road rides that if someone had a pair on the spot I
would have bought them (frustrated with the MP3 Player wire).

Where does the battery go, is it replaceable and rechargeable? Is there
any output to let you know remaining battery power, song etc? Is the USB
port integrated well, not sticking out with a rubber dust cover on it?

It was only a foolish purchase if you can not afford them... I drive a
$2000 vehicle and ride a $5000 mountain bike, it's a priority thing.

Have fun with them and laugh at me when go by as I'm fighting with the
wires on my MP3 player.

-p

The internals are integrated fairly well into the shell, including the USB
port and the battery is rechargeable via the USB port...very nice. It's
exactly the same concept as my RIM blackberry phone. Always hated using a
power cord and separate USB cable to get things working. As for battery
power remaining, there is some indicator light, but that hardly seems
worthwhile to track on a ride, once it's done, it's done. Besides if you
plug it in whenever you walk into the house the battery is always charged
for next use.

My only gripe, and it's rather small, is the song controls. They are placed
on top right of the frame, excellent to manipulate song order and power, but
not feasible if your bombing down a trail. If your a roadie with no real
sudden changes in terrain it's nice though. The last time I tried to skip a
song, a root sent me off the trail before I could get my right hand back on
the bar.

Old April 26th 05, 01:36 PM
Dave W

"TBF::." wrote in message

[...]

I'm hoping neither of you endanger yourself, or anyone else with your
selfish use of that monstrosity.....

Dave(ON YOUR LEFT DUMBASS!!!!)

Old April 26th 05, 02:01 PM
Shaun aRe

"Dave W" wrote in message

"TBF::." wrote in message

[...]

Heh... 'bombing down a trail', one hand off the bars, 'root sent me off the
trail', *dumbarse* doesn't even begin scratch the surface! I think if he
endangered me doing that, I would have to kill him. Two times. With the wet
end of one of his own recently removed legs...

Shaun aRe

Shaun aRe

Old April 26th 05, 02:48 PM

TBF::. wrote:
[...]

Congrats! It's the perfect thing to listen to the refrain of first song
on the eponymous Fishbone album on repeat.

/s

Old April 26th 05, 04:37 PM
Pippen

"Dave W" wrote in message

"TBF::." wrote in message

[...]

Dave,

Thank you for your hear felt concern for our well being. In this day and
age, it is uncommon for people to take the time to divorce themselves from
their own concerns and consider the well being of others. You are truly a
ray of sunshine in this dark cold world. Since I was not aware that there
was no volume on this monstrosity and my own judgment to use monstrosity in
a safe manner is lacking; I will defer to your judgment on my potential
future purchase of this item.

Thank you for your concern for myself and others,

Dumbass (aka -p)

PS. Please, the next time you pass me on my left do stop a moment and chat.
I would love to meet in person such a thoughtful and caring person and
obviously a very fast rider.

Old April 26th 05, 04:49 PM
Pippen

"Chris Phillipo" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
says...
[...]

I guess I can't call the iPod -the- overpriced, borderline useless piece
of techno accessory bling any more, we have a new champion.
--
http://www.ramsays-online.com

Not sure if I would call it useless but definitely bling...

-js

Great Money Making Opportunity gh General 0 March 24th 05 03:55 AM
FAST MONEY!!! Busy73 Marketplace 0 July 25th 03 09:39 PM
FAST MONEY!!! Busy73 Marketplace 0 July 25th 03 09:38 PM