Gift ideas for a racer

Old November 20th 08, 01:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul G.

Default Gift ideas for a racer

On Nov 19, 11:25*am, Donald Munro wrote:
Dumbass wrote:

$25-$40 range.

He's around a level 3.

Maybe a good book on strategy/traning?

William Asher wrote:
Send me $40 and I will set him up with a lifetime subscription to
rec.bicycles.racing. *It's a great value and you can get lots of
information on bicycle racing without having to read a lot of advertising.

And you get info on free donkey body parts.

I don't think a horse's ass is a donkey body part.
-Paul
Old November 20th 08, 03:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

wrote in message

This is the best cycling autobiography (or any autobiography for that
matter) I've ever read:
http://www.amazon.com/Flying-Scotsma...7143995&sr=1-1

A while ago, you could order it directly from Obree's website and get
him to autograph it for you.

I agree completely.

Old November 20th 08, 06:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

"Paul G." wrote in
:

William Asher wrote:
Send me $40 and I will set him up with a lifetime subscription to
rec.bicycles.racing. *It's a great value and you can get lots of
information on bicycle racing without having to read a lot of
advertisi

ng.

And you get info on free donkey body parts.

I don't think a horse's ass is a donkey body part.

There have been guys killed being a horse's ass.

--
Bill Asher
Old November 20th 08, 06:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul G.

William Asher wrote:
Send me $40 and I will set him up with a lifetime subscription to
rec.bicycles.racing. *It's a great value and you can get lots of
information on bicycle racing without having to read a lot of
advertisi

ng.

And you get info on free donkey body parts.

I don't think a horse's ass is a donkey body part.

There have been guys killed being a horse's ass. *

--
Bill Asher

Ah yes. Darwin Award material:
http://www.komonews.com/news/archive/4158101.html

Old November 20th 08, 07:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

Default Gift ideas for a Fred

On Nov 19, 10:07*am, Dumbass wrote:
$25-$40 range.

He's around a level 3.

Maybe a good book on strategy/traning?

Dumbass -

Thread retitled.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old November 20th 08, 01:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dumbass

On Nov 20, 2:15*am, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
On Nov 19, 10:07*am, Dumbass wrote:

$25-$40 range.

He's around a level 3.

Maybe a good book on strategy/traning?

Dumbass -

Thread retitled.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

How you come up with that? The guy's name is Fred.
Old November 20th 08, 03:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dumbass

On Nov 20, 2:15*am, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
On Nov 19, 10:07*am, Dumbass wrote:

$25-$40 range.

He's around a level 3.

Maybe a good book on strategy/traning?

Dumbass -

Thread retitled.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Now I see what a Fred is. Fred might be a Fred by some definitions,
but he is more of aspiring natural racer who has, alas, started at the
advanced age of 25. Has a Hincappe body type, you'd love to be on
Fred's wheel.

I am more of a Fred. I ride an old racing bike with conventional
pedals wearing steel toed shoes. I am springing for some expensive
winter gear but just because it's proven hard to cobble together a
good winter gear from thrift shop and Ebay stuff.
Old November 20th 08, 04:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dumbass

On Nov 19, 5:55*pm, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 10:07:03 -0800 (PST), Dumbass

wrote:
$25-$40 range.

He's around a level 3.

Maybe a good book on strategy/traning?

Get him the book _A_Gear_Higher by Gordon and Code. Amazing book on
bike handling, vision and mental training.

Thanks! I bought that one too. Great ideas!
Old November 20th 08, 04:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dumbass

On Nov 19, 8:21*pm, wrote:
On Nov 19, 9:48*pm, Dumbass wrote:

On Nov 19, 2:42*pm, Ted van de Weteringe

wrote:
Dumbass wrote:
Maybe a good book on strategy/traning?

1.http://www.amazon.com/Rider-Tim-Krabbe/dp/1582342903
2.http://www.amazon.com/dp/0471213861

Thanks. *I bought "The Rider".

I don't think this guy even uses caffeine.

This is the best cycling autobiography (or any autobiography for that
matter) I've ever read:http://www.amazon.com/Flying-Scotsma...hrough/dp/1931...

A while ago, you could order it directly from Obree's website and get
him to autograph it for you.

-ilan

Decided not to buy that one. I did not learn much about cycling from
the Armstong and Landis bios. (Learned lots about egotism from
Lance's writings, though But maybe this one is different.
Old November 20th 08, 06:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

Paul G. wrote:

Ah yes. Darwin Award material:
http://www.komonews.com/news/archive/4158101.html

That guy was pretty much out of the gene pool already.

--
Bill Asher