Paris-Roubaix ride for amateurs?

Old January 16th 09, 11:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech

Default Paris-Roubaix ride for amateurs?

On Jan 16, 10:11*pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
wrote in message

On Jan 16, 7:48 pm, "Denis" wrote:
Le terme exact est cyclosportive

Faux, il faut dire : "le terme exact est UNE cyclosportive" autrement
(sans l'article) "cyclosportive" devient un adjectif qui doit
s'accorder avec "le terme", c'est-a-dire, doit etre au masculin.
Excuse my French.

Ilan, you professors are all alike..... Hope you're doing well. Everything
in the bay area is OK save you ain't here any longer.

Thanks. I had a nice time in Berkeley over vacation. My riding time
was curtailed by my seatpost clamp breaking when I put the bike
together. It turn out that Cervelo made a 9 gram seatpost clamp to
lighten up the R3-SL frame and it has a habit of breaking even when
tightened to specs. It took nearly a week to get a replacement (it
broke on Christmas day) so I was grounded for that amount of time. I'm
coming back for 2009/2010 so it should be a good new year.

-ilan

-ilan
Old January 16th 09, 11:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
mowens61-gmail.com

On Jan 16, 11:49*am, Scott Gordo wrote:
I'm going to be in the neighborhood during Paris-Roubaix this year.
IIRC I read somewhere that there's a non-pro ride/race of the same
course beforehand.

Do I remember correctly? Anybody know much about it?

Others have posted that it is only every other year but it is in June
not during the time of Paris-Roubaix. Nevertheless, in the 3 days
leading up to the race, the course is very well marked with
fluorescent green arrows on electric and telephone posts along the
entire route. Don't miss the opportunity to get some riding in.
http://campyonly.com/images/modbikes/2005/Arenberg.jpg
-Mike
Old January 17th 09, 12:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Jones

On Jan 16, 7:38*pm, wrote:
On Jan 16, 7:48*pm, "Denis" wrote:

Le terme exact est cyclosportive
Denis

Faux, il faut dire : "le terme exact est UNE cyclosportive" autrement
(sans l'article) "cyclosportive" devient un adjectif qui doit
s'accorder avec "le terme", c'est-a-dire, doit etre au masculin.
Excuse my French.

Bugger that. It's a randonnée innit?

Jeff
Old January 17th 09, 01:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich

wrote in message

Thanks. I had a nice time in Berkeley over vacation. My riding time
was curtailed by my seatpost clamp breaking when I put the bike
together. It turn out that Cervelo made a 9 gram seatpost clamp to
lighten up the R3-SL frame and it has a habit of breaking even when
tightened to specs. It took nearly a week to get a replacement (it
broke on Christmas day) so I was grounded for that amount of time. I'm
coming back for 2009/2010 so it should be a good new year.

If you ever are in the area again and break something, by all means contact
me. If I remember correctly you ride a 54 cm bike. I had one around here at
that time. I could have loaned it to you while you were here.

Old January 17th 09, 04:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
tony

On Jan 16, 11:49*am, Scott Gordo wrote:
I'm going to be in the neighborhood during Paris-Roubaix this year.
IIRC I read somewhere that there's a non-pro ride/race of the same
course beforehand.

Do I remember correctly? Anybody know much about it?

Not sure about the cyclosportive, but I rode the last 100km, including
the obligatory two and 1/2 laps around the velodrome and post-ride
beers at the VC Roubaix clubhouse. Would not want to do any more
cobbles than that!, it was enough.

http://www.dailypeloton.com/tonys5.asp
Old January 17th 09, 05:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

wrote:

It turn out that Cervelo made a 9 gram seatpost clamp to
lighten up the R3-SL frame and it has a habit of breaking even when
tightened to specs. It took nearly a week to get a replacement (it
broke on Christmas day) so I was grounded for that amount of time.

I guess that makes it one of the slowest fastest bikes around.

Chalo
Old January 17th 09, 05:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech

On Jan 17, 6:11*am, Chalo wrote:
wrote:

It turn out that Cervelo made a 9 gram seatpost clamp to
lighten up the R3-SL frame and it has a habit of breaking even when
tightened to specs. It took nearly a week to get a replacement (it
broke on Christmas day) so I was grounded for that amount of time.

I guess that makes it one of the slowest fastest bikes around.

Chalo

Carbon sucks. When my steel frame broke (seat tube severed above the
front derailleur braze-on) I could still ride it.

-ilan
Old January 17th 09, 05:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech

On Jan 17, 6:35*am, jim beam wrote:

yeah. *but your steel frame fatigued. *your carbon post clamp didn't.

Why do you say that? I had been tightening the clamp quite a bit from
lots of travelling and re-adjusting my seat height and angle numerous
times. I did note that Cervelo decreased the torque specification on
their new clamp, which is much sturdier.

-ilan
Old January 17th 09, 07:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech

On Jan 16, 10:59*pm, wrote:
On Jan 17, 6:35*am, jim beam wrote:

yeah. *but your steel frame fatigued. *your carbon post clamp didn't.

Paris Roubaix on VS? Scott Gordo Racing 17 March 26th 08 11:49 PM
Paris-Roubaix map? Bob Martin Racing 5 March 31st 06 12:50 AM
paris roubaix Rick Roof Racing 8 January 15th 05 03:56 AM
paris roubaix curt Racing 0 March 12th 04 04:13 PM