Rear view mirror

Old March 4th 05, 03:44 AM
yum

Default Rear view mirror

Any recommedation ?

Old March 4th 05, 03:48 AM
Nick Payne

www.users.on.net/njpayne/bikestuff.

"yum" wrote in message
Any recommedation ?

Old March 4th 05, 07:53 AM
Bob C

Try Third Eye - excellent product and excellent service

See

http://www.3rd-eye.com/welcome.html

Bob C

"yum" wrote in message
Any recommedation ?

Old March 4th 05, 03:38 PM
Andy M-S

Depends. I'm considering getting Bell's Metro mirror, since I really
like my Metro helmet.

But, so far at least, I've been unimpressed with glasses/helmet mount
mirrors. The best mirror I've found so far is this one:

http://www.hostelshoppe.com/cgi-bin/...sory=987268561

Actually, mine is a bar-end mount version of this with no stalk. I
bought it at the Hostel Shoppe, in fact, during last year's GRABAAWR so
I could keep track of things, and left it on when I got back home for
commuting purposes. If you can't get it locally, I'm sure the HS folks
would be willing to assist.

Old March 4th 05, 03:43 PM
Pedantus

Third Eye has a better mirror (larger), but this Cycleaware reflex is the
best helmet mirror. I can even use this mirror when wearing
over-the-glasses ski goggles. The swing-away design keeps it from being
broken when snagged on an overhanging twig, whatever. The gooseneck flexes
and repositions over and over without complaint.
http://www.cycleaware.com/products/reflex.php

"Bob C" wrote in message
Try Third Eye - excellent product and excellent service

See

http://www.3rd-eye.com/welcome.html

Bob C

"yum" wrote in message

Hey, thanks for this neat shrink tubing eyeglass bow attachment
idea...great!

Any recommedation ?

Old March 4th 05, 04:01 PM

yum wrote:
Any recommedation ?

Bike Peddler Take A Look

http://www.coloradocyclist.com/commo...&S=16494,10778

Old March 4th 05, 04:40 PM
GaryG

wrote in message
ups.com...

yum wrote:
Any recommedation ?

Bike Peddler Take A Look

http://www.coloradocyclist.com/commo...&S=16494,10778

Ditto this recommendation. The Take a Look is, by far, the best
glasses-mounted mirror that I've tried.

Here's a review of various mirror systems:

http://www.icebike.com/Equipment/cyclingmirrors.htm

--
~_-*
....G/ \G

Old March 4th 05, 05:01 PM
psycholist

"Bob C" wrote in message
Try Third Eye - excellent product and excellent service

See

http://www.3rd-eye.com/welcome.html

Bob C

"yum" wrote in message
Any recommedation ?

Hey! I'm Bob C. and I've been Bob C. in these cycling newsgroups for years
and years and years.

Oh ... and I've also posted many endorsements of the very same mirror you're
endorsing -- the Third Eye. Great mirror.

I'll bet you're a handsome devil.

--
Bob C.

"Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding that it hurts."
T. E. Lawrence (of Arabia)

Old March 4th 05, 09:47 PM
Bill

"Bob C" wrote in message
Try Third Eye - excellent product and excellent service

See

http://www.3rd-eye.com/welcome.html

Bob C

I've been using the Third Eye bar end mirror (09) on various road bikes for
at least 10 years. I have four in service right now and a spare on the
shelf. Wouldn't leave the driveway without it. I don't know anyone who has
tried one that has not stuck with it.
Bill Brannon

Old March 5th 05, 12:54 AM
Tom Sherman

"yum" wrote:

Any recommedation ?

I agree with J. Brandt when he wrote [1]"...because I have found that
when looking in a head mounted mirror, I cannot accurately tell anything
about the following vehicle's position except that it is behind me. That
is because I am looking into a mirror whose angular position with
respect to the road is unknown. The rear view mirror in a car is fixed
with respect to the direction of travel and objects seen in it are seen
with reference to ones own vehicle, be that the rear window frame or
side of the car. I find the image in a head mounted mirror on a bicycle
to be distracting and a source of paranoia if I watch it enough. It does
not tell me whether the upcoming car is, or is not, going to slice me."

I use the "Mountain Mirrycle" [2] on all my regular street bikes.

[1] http://www.sheldonbrown.com/brandt/mirrors.html.
[2] http://www.mirrycle.com/mountainmirrycle.htm.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

An experiment to prove the helmet law proponants RIGHT (or wrong) David Recumbent Biking 65 December 21st 04 06:42 AM
New bicycle idea Bob Marley General 49 October 7th 04 05:20 AM
reccomendations for a rear bike light Arpit Australia 29 December 28th 03 01:00 PM
New 700c Rear Wheel (for Tour Easy) Jon Meinecke Recumbent Biking 5 September 27th 03 12:40 AM
Shimano 105 rear derailleur weird specs Grenouil Techniques 6 August 10th 03 02:14 PM