Stolen Bike

Old June 19th 18, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
CJB

Default Stolen Bike

Stolen Bike - a few weeks ago someone left an expensive mountain bike in the car par to our flats. We have stopped at least 2 attempts to steal it by hooded yoofs. Now we have it under lock and key. But how to find the owner is a moot point. We have tried Hillingdon Council - they say its a police matter. We have tried the local police and they says its a Council matter. CJB
Old June 19th 18, 01:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 19/06/2018 12:29, CJB wrote:
Stolen Bike - a few weeks ago someone left an expensive mountain bike in the car par to our flats. We have stopped at least 2 attempts to steal it by hooded yoofs. Now we have it under lock and key. But how to find the owner is a moot point. We have tried Hillingdon Council - they say its a police matter. We have tried the local police and they says its a Council matter. CJB

Blimey! you must live close to me. We moved from Hayes 14 years ago and
now have a place in Langley. Hayes is now like Dodge city. Glad we got
out just in time :-)

--
Bod
Old July 2nd 18, 01:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 19/06/2018 12:29, CJB wrote:

Stolen Bike - a few weeks ago someone left an expensive mountain bike in the car par to our flats. We have stopped at least 2 attempts to steal it by hooded yoofs. Now we have it under lock and key. But how to find the owner is a moot point. We have tried Hillingdon Council - they say its a police matter. We have tried the local police and they says its a Council matter. CJB

How do you know the hooded yoofs didn't include the owner among their
number?

People of such descriptions often ride bikes.
Old July 14th 18, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
CJB

They ran off when challenged.
Old July 19th 18, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.war.vietnam
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 14:38:18 +0100, Colonel Edmund J. Burke
wrote:

On 6/19/2018 4:29 AM, CJB wrote:
Stolen Bike - a few weeks ago someone left an expensive mountain bike
in the car par to our flats. We have stopped at least 2 attempts to
steal it by hooded yoofs. Now we have it under lock and key. But how to
find the owner is a moot point. We have tried Hillingdon Council - they
say its a police matter. We have tried the local police and they says
its a Council matter. CJB

We Americans have a saying for the inadequacies of buckytooth limey
government, SNAFU (situation normal all ****ed up).
Deal with it!

Why would anyone leave an expensive bike just lying in public with no lock?
Old July 20th 18, 08:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.war.vietnam
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

wrote:

On 6/19/2018 4:29 AM, CJB wrote:
Stolen Bike - a few weeks ago someone left an expensive mountain bike
in the car par to our flats. We have stopped at least 2 attempts to
steal it by hooded yoofs. Now we have it under lock and key. But how
to find the owner is a moot point. We have tried Hillingdon Council -
they say its a police matter. We have tried the local police and they
says its a Council matter. CJB

We Americans have a saying for the inadequacies of buckytooth limey
government, SNAFU (situation normal all ****ed up).
Deal with it!

Why would anyone leave an expensive bike just lying in public with no
lock?

Why would an adult want to ride a bicycle anywho?

Why would an adult let an anywho ride their bike?
Old July 21st 18, 01:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.war.vietnam
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

wrote:

On 6/19/2018 4:29 AM, CJB wrote:
Stolen Bike - a few weeks ago someone left an expensive mountain
bike in the car par to our flats. We have stopped at least 2
attempts to steal it by hooded yoofs. Now we have it under lock and
key. But how to find the owner is a moot point. We have tried
Hillingdon Council - they say its a police matter. We have tried
the local police and they says its a Council matter. CJB

We Americans have a saying for the inadequacies of buckytooth limey
government, SNAFU (situation normal all ****ed up).
Deal with it!
Why would anyone leave an expensive bike just lying in public with
no lock?

Why would an adult want to ride a bicycle anywho?

Why would an adult let an anywho ride their bike?

Hitler.

Your answer makes no grammatical sense. You can't answer a why with a
pronoun.
Old July 21st 18, 02:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.war.vietnam
Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee

wrote:
On 20.07.2018 21:24, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Why would an adult let an anywho ride their bike?

Hitler.

Your answer makes no grammatical sense. You can't answer a why with a
pronoun.

'Hitler' isn't a pronoun. It's a noun.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
Old July 21st 18, 02:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.war.vietnam
Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee

wrote:
On 20.07.2018 21:24, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Why would an adult let an anywho ride their bike?

Hitler.

Your answer makes no grammatical sense. You can't answer a why with a
pronoun.

'Hitler' isn't a pronoun. It's a noun.

It's a personal pronoun, you dummies.

No it isn't. It is a proper noun. Just as all names are.

Personal pronouns are 'he', 'she', 'they' etc.

Old July 21st 18, 03:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.war.vietnam
jnugent

wrote:

On 6/19/2018 4:29 AM, CJB wrote:
[...]

"Hitler" is a proper noun, not a pronoun.

There is no reason why a question may not be answered - colloquially -
with a marker term which plainly stands for a whole argument, though in
the instant case, Godwin threatens to intervene.

I could have just written: "Godwin".

Stolen bike.... anyone want to bet on it? Anton Berlin Racing 0 December 22nd 09 08:30 PM
Shelly Olds...bike stolen, bike found, gold medal won caffetrieste Racing 20 October 14th 08 09:39 AM
Stolen bike Chris A UK 26 March 27th 07 03:01 PM
nearly stolen bike Simon Brooke UK 0 November 18th 05 11:16 PM
nearly stolen bike nobody760 UK 6 November 17th 05 09:05 AM