American Flyer Question

Old July 9th 03, 06:17 PM
Dave H

Default American Flyer Question

"Boyd Speerschneider" wrote in message
(Matt Cahill) wrote in
om:

I just saw the movie "American Flyer". There is a scene at the end
where two cyclists are at the front of the race and one cyclist
deliberately leans into another cyclist over an extended period
clearly trying to make him crash. I have seen tapes of actual races
where sprinters are relegated to last place when they engage in
“dangerous sprinting”. So here are my questions:

1. Wouldn’t an official be in position to see such behavior
at the front of a race and penalize the cyclist who is deliberately
attempting to wreck the other.

Yes.

2. If a cyclist was regularly so dirty…wouldn’t his
fellow peleton members have already taken care of him long before he
even got to that position. After all, such a rider would be a threat
to the earnings and lives of all the peleton members.

Yes.

I've never raced, so I'm looking for the opinions of people who have.

Don't let this type of behaviour scare you off.
Like others have said, its mostly just for the movies.
You will almost never see this type of thing happen (at least
intentionally) in a real race.

But do be careful of opponents jamming a frame pump into your front wheel.

dave h

Old July 9th 03, 08:33 PM
Alex Rodriguez

Yes and yes.