Bear Grylls

Old May 31st 09, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.scouting,uk.environment.conservation,uk.rec.natural-history,uk.rec.youth-hostel,uk.rec.cycling
CJB

Default Bear Grylls

As an active animal lover I am appalled that every time I switch on
the t.v. especially on Channel 4 Mr. Grylls is there killing animals
or snakes without any real reason.

Recently I've seen him kill a huge python THAT WAS NO THREAT TO HIM on
his show from Ecuador - and he really looked as though he enjoyed the
experience.

And just now he was seen again needlessly killing a rattle snake in
Dakota during the Channel 4 'Born Survivor' series.

I have been a supporter of the aims and objectives of Scouting for
many years and I have always thought that the Scouts (and Guides,
Cubs, Brownies, etc.) placed an emphasis on conservation and were
mindful of the need to treat animals with respect.

So now there is a Chief Scout who not only kills animals needlessly
for t.v. shows, but who will obviously now set an example of cruelty
to animals as an excepted part of Scouting culture.

The wayward and violent youngsters of today, especially in the Western
world and the UK in particular, do NOT need his examples of animal
cruelty.

I am sure that the Animal Rights organisations will not let this
appointment go unchallenged.

With disgust. C.J.Brady.
Old May 31st 09, 11:46 PM posted to uk.rec.scouting,uk.environment.conservation,uk.rec.natural-history,uk.rec.youth-hostel,uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar

On May 31, 11:22*pm, CJB wrote:
[...]

Are you a vegetarian? He is (when he's not doing shows).
Old June 1st 09, 04:53 AM posted to uk.rec.scouting,uk.environment.conservation,uk.rec.natural-history,uk.rec.youth-hostel,uk.rec.cycling
Daniel Smith

Nuxx Bar wrote:
On May 31, 11:22 pm, CJB wrote:
[...]

Persoanlly I think the blame for this must be laid squarely at the door
of channel 4 and the discovery channel.

I belive that they push Bear into doing over the top things just becasue
it gets ratings (also i belive that the contracts that require locations
to be no more than an hour from a motel etc that we have all heard about
are coming form the producers not Bear) yes those shows are faked to the
hilt, yes there is an element of over the top kiling of animals there
but i think the best thing the scout association can do and Bear himself
who it must be admitted has already raised the profile of the
association more than peter duncan did before he is even in office (at
least in the short term) is to teach the propper respect for animals in
the wild.

CJB may be interested to know that scout POR (thats policy organisation
and rules for those of you not reading this through uk.rec.scouting )
expressly forbids scouts not only from hunting live quarry (except
fishing) but from shooting at animal (or human) form targets

personally in such a situation as born surviver is SIMULATING I follow
the following code (Native American proverb)
"If it gets Caught it deserves to be eaten"

"Or to quote the fantasy author mercedes lackey quoting it
If it gets caught, it deserves to be eaten -- to be appreciated, used
entirely and with respect, and not robbed of something stupid, like a
tail-feather, and discarded as useless."

Daniel
(A Cub Scout leader)

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
replace invalid.invalid with the domain of a well
Old June 1st 09, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.scouting,uk.environment.conservation,uk.rec.natural-history,uk.rec.youth-hostel,uk.rec.cycling
coobexyar

Nuxx Bar wrote:
On May 31, 11:22 pm, CJB wrote:
[...]

What's a poster's eating habits got to do with it?

He is (when he's not doing shows).

Ah yes, one of those vegetarians who eat meat. - AKA lying meat eater.

Old June 3rd 09, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.scouting,uk.environment.conservation,uk.rec.natural-history,uk.rec.youth-hostel,uk.rec.cycling

The wayward and violent youngsters of today, especially in the Western
world and the UK in particular, do NOT need his examples of animal
cruelty.

I would have more respect for your opinion if you had not shown such
disrespect for young people, demanding that people respect animals
whilst branding young people as 'wayward' what ever that means shows
that like most animal rights advocates you just want an oppertunity to
feel holier than thou.

I am sure that the Animal Rights organisations will not let this
appointment go unchallenged.

The people who chose him are the CoC take it up with them.

With disgust. C.J.Brady.

With the same respect you show young people
Tony Ransley

Bear leo Unicycling 22 February 2nd 06 09:25 PM
Bear! Bob Burns General 4 August 9th 05 04:59 AM
Biking and the Bear Badger_South General 40 September 9th 04 11:59 PM
Bear Necessities Ride-A-Lot Mountain Biking 1 September 7th 04 04:00 PM
FS M Bear Valley Alan The Braw UK 3 April 1st 04 08:29 PM