Slime tubes freeze

Old December 30th 04, 06:09 PM
Mike Kruger

Default Slime tubes freeze

I heard a bad sound from my front wheel a few days ago.
Because it was below freezing, I thought some water had
gotten in the bearings and frozen.

But, as it turned out, the ice was inside the tube. It was
an old Slime tube. I thought I had gotten rid of all these,
but here it was inside a durable Avocet Cross tire. This
tire was purchased in 1998, and this might be the original
tube. I suspect the Slime compound had broken down somewhat
and was now subject to freezing.

By the way, I highly recommend the Avocet Cross as a
commuter tire. It's heavy, but resists flats well.

--
Mike Kruger
"So class, who can tell me how much of our genetic code we

Old December 31st 04, 04:09 PM
Claire Petersky

"Mike Kruger" wrote in message
news:1104469330.047c2cc406bebe1e44a4e08f0022d2f6@t eranews...

By the way, I highly recommend the Avocet Cross as a
commuter tire. It's heavy, but resists flats well.

I ride on Avocet Crosses myself. I mentioned this in the group recently and
was generally taunted for riding on an off-road tire. But these have not
only resisted flats, but I can actually get them up and over the rims,
something I couldn't say about the previous tires I was using.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist: