Evolution of Balance Award

Old November 15th 07, 04:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

Default Evolution of Balance Award

I think this could be great for the sport, esp. if the riders go through
a village where they've never even heard of unis or where they are
rare, like your trip to Butan.

Maybee have an angle where people who never thought it would be
possible to learn to uni (even here in the US). I broke my back 8.5
years ago, now the only thing that works well below my waist is my
thighs, and need these to walk.
[image: http://www.univie.ac.at/cga/courses/...ility/afo.jpg]
Two years ago I got interested in unicycling when I saw one of the vids
of Kris on youtube and was amazed, but didn't believe it was possible
to do at all for me. Six months later I took the plunge and got a 24"
DX. (Monday I hiked up and rode down 3.3 miles of 'highly tecknical'
(http://tinyurl.com/2hyfd9), for me, trails w/ 40ish UPD's )

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.
Parafrasing a pro skater when asked for advise to kids who wanted to
get much better and maybee turn pro one day.
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 15th 07, 04:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

so this only applies to muni
if only there were some trails to hit around here...

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

'YOUneedtoTUBE MYTUBE' (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=skroboskim)
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 15th 07, 05:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
WOFT

what is the minimum number of people required to make up a "team"?

--
WOFT

'n Boer maak 'n plan.
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 15th 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
danger_uni

WOFT wrote:
what is the minimum number of people required to make up a "team"?

There's no restriction on the number of team members.

K.

--
danger_uni
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 15th 07, 08:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycle nut

skrobo wrote:
so this only applies to muni
if only there were some trails to hit around here...

The whole idea is to go TRAVEL to a unique place and muni.

--
unicycle nut
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 15th 07, 08:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phlegm

danger_uni wrote:
The prize is:
US $1500000000.00
One free KH unicycle (singlespeed)
One set of KH gloves and pads
Up to three additional KH unicycles at wholesale cost.

Sweet! Who wants to join me for a ride on the Moon?!

--
phlegm
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 19th 07, 02:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
smcmorrow

Hey Kris,
What would be the case if I am 17 now, but will be 18 at the time of
the expedition, would I be eligible?

Thanks,
Seamus

--
smcmorrow

\"It's knot gonna make it!\" -threeinchtire
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 19th 07, 08:49 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ChiliDawgz

Excellent idea Kris! Sounds like I need to do some brainstorming...

--
ChiliDawgz
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 19th 07, 12:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

shh
too late!
(someone insert picture of forrest on the moon here)
as far as travelling to muni... no chance...

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

'MY VIDEOS-for enjoyment purposes mostly'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=skroboskim)

The UniSLAB wrote:
don't worry about those little clown tricks called flips and wrap
arounds. We don't dance with our unis, we jump them[over trucks]

sutton629 wrote:
I honestly have a hard time believing that you are really a white guy

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 19th 07, 11:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicyclist.ca

skrobo wrote:
shh
too late!
(someone insert picture of forrest on the moon here)
as far as travelling to muni... no chance...

I think the whole point is to travel. why would you get a grant to go
ride your local trails?

--
unicyclist.ca

http://www.Unicyclist.ca
http://www.usenet.com

TdF bad glasses award ProfTournesol[_27_] Australia 4 July 12th 07 10:31 AM
Salesman of the Year Award Davey Crockett Racing 14 December 6th 06 07:59 AM
Another Darwin Award Tony W UK 3 September 11th 06 01:41 PM
Why even hold the TdF? Just award Mayo the win now. Ronde Champ Racing 4 June 12th 04 02:20 AM
Almost a Darwin Award Tony Raven UK 12 November 13th 03 11:12 AM