Helmet cams / Cycle cams

Old July 12th 09, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar

Default Helmet cams / Cycle cams

On Jul 12, 4:19*am, bod43 wrote:
We live in a Motorist Supremacist society and unless you
fancy yourself as Nelson Mandella II you should
make decisions on your road behaviour on that basis.
Keep out of their way and bow appreciativley after being
run off of the road.

Absolute crap*. This "We live in a Motorist Supremacist society"
rubbish is just made up by people who wish to see even more anti-
motorist measures than we've already got. Cars are very useful, and
for that reason the majority of people use them, and that's something
that those who dislike freedom and individual choice just need to get
over. But the majority of people using cars, and the road system
being designed with that in mind, does *not* mean that more vulnerable
road users are treated "unfairly"; on the contrary, it's the motorist
who is shat upon by the authorities these days, with anti-motorist
road layouts and ridiculously steep fines.

--
* You're entitled to your opinion of course. (That *should* go
without saying, but so many of the URC regulars seem to want to censor
Old July 12th 09, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
mileburner

Nuxx Bar wrote:
On Jul 12, 4:19 am, bod43 wrote:
We live in a Motorist Supremacist society and unless you
fancy yourself as Nelson Mandella II you should
make decisions on your road behaviour on that basis.
Keep out of their way and bow appreciativley after being
run off of the road.

Absolute crap*. This "We live in a Motorist Supremacist society"
rubbish is just made up by people who wish to see even more anti-
motorist measures than we've already got.

Yay! Anything which upsets the Nuxxys of the world *has* to be a Good Thing.
:-)

Old July 14th 09, 07:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Martin[_2_]

Pip Ryder wrote:

If you want to record your journeys for your own interest,
then of course you may

Yes, that's precisely what I want to do. I'm always on the look out for
ways to improve my cycling. In cases where a hazardous situation has
arisen, I try and think back to what I could have done to make myself
safer or give myself more options for an escape.

It'd be nice to have a video that I could look at to study. It'd also
give me opportunity to show the video to other people and ask them wat
they think I could have done in that situation.

I found that when I put a camera on my bike, the quality of my cycling
improved, and with it my own safety. I think being able to review what
has happened after an event means that next time I am likely to cycle in
a safe manner. I notice also that I filter far less since I got the
camera, and when I do filter I also do so in a safer way, but the
reduction in filtering has hardly affected my average speed around Bristol.

Martin.