Knocked off today.

Old September 20th 09, 12:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marc[_2_]

Default Knocked off today.

Brimstone wrote:
BrianW wrote:
On 20 Sep, 10:16, "Brimstone" wrote:
Marc wrote:
Victor Meldrew wrote:
On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 17:46:41 +0100, "Simon Mason"
wrote:
Well, I've had a good run. On the way to work today I was knocked
off by a car driver who decided he didn't want to wait for the car
in front to turn right, so he passed by on its left taking me with
him. Some very kind people rang for an ambulance and I was carted
off to A+E. I was given a stern lecture about my lack of helmet by
the fracture guy who recorded the fact on my diagnosis sheet.
After the X Ray, I was told I had a broken collar bone, so
presumably a helmet would have prevented this ;-/
Good job it's the end of the season!
Sounds like the usual lying cyclist ******** to me.
No it's true, it is the end of the season, only hillclimbs,
cyclecross and socials for the next few months
Since when has there been a "season" for cyclin

I think time trials and races tend to be in the spring and summer,
although I could be wrong.

Ah, if it's competitive cycling then I can understand.

I doubt that. The words "hillclimbs" and "cyclecross" didn't give you a
clue?
Old September 20th 09, 01:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brimstone[_8_]

Marc wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Are hillclimbs and cyclecross the only type of competitive cycling?

Old September 20th 09, 01:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Mr. Benn" wrote in message
"Simon Mason" wrote in
. uk:

Well, I've had a good run. On the way to work today I was knocked off
by a car driver who decided he didn't want to wait for the car in
front to turn right, so he passed by on its left taking me with him.
Some very kind people rang for an ambulance and I was carted off to
A+E. I was given a stern lecture about my lack of helmet by the
fracture guy who recorded the fact on my diagnosis sheet.

After the X Ray, I was told I had a broken collar bone, so presumably
a helmet would have prevented this ;-/

Good job it's the end of the season!

Sorry to hear that you were injured Simon and I hope you recover soon.
Were you trying to pass the car on the left of it or were you in front of
the car?

I was riding at 23 mph when a car came alongside me, then saw the right
turning car ahead and he turned to the left of this car entering a hashed
area with a solid white line into which I was forced and ultimately struck.

I was object x in this photo.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/zhash.jpg

Thanks for everyone's good wishes.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old September 20th 09, 01:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marc[_2_]

Brimstone wrote:
Marc wrote:
wrote:
[...]

FFS, I'm not playign this game, either you are taking the **** and
trying to string the thread out, or you know less than **** all about
cycling and you are here just to poke Doug.
Old September 20th 09, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
RudiL

On 19 Sep, 17:46, "Simon Mason" wrote:
Well, I've had a good run. On the way to work today I was knocked off by a
car driver who decided he didn't want to wait for the car in front to turn
right, so he passed by on its left taking me with him. Some very kind people
rang for an ambulance and I was carted off to A+E. I was given a stern
lecture about my lack of helmet by the fracture guy who recorded the fact on
my diagnosis sheet.

After the X Ray, I was told I had a broken collar bone, so presumably a
helmet would have prevented this ;-/

Good job it's the end of the season!

--
Simon Masonhttp://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Sorry to hear this. Hope it all mends quickly and you can be back on
your bike.

Rudi
Old September 20th 09, 02:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Keith Wootten[_2_]

Simon Mason wrote:

snipped

£5500, you say? On second thoughts!

£6500 five years ago for nothing broken but a bloody and messy forehead
leaving a not too prominent scar. Probably knocked out for a few
seconds, A&E for five hours until stitched (thet were busy) and a day
off work. No damage to bike.

No helmet either, and still none.

This was with the CTC - go for it, they're experts and will get more
than a generalist, thus enabling a contribution to their cyclist defence
fund.

Cheers
--
Keith

Old September 20th 09, 03:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brimstone[_8_]

Marc wrote:
Brimstone wrote:
Marc wrote:
Brimstone wrote:
BrianW wrote:
On 20 Sep, 10:16, "Brimstone"
wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Any game is within your imagination, such as it is.

Old September 20th 09, 03:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 17:46:41 +0100 someone who may be "Simon Mason"
wrote this:-

I was given a stern
lecture about my lack of helmet by the fracture guy who recorded the fact on
my diagnosis sheet.

I have had to give stern lectures to NHS idiots, those who think
they know something about reducing road crashes and through
arrogance think that they can inflict their worthless opinions on
people who are often not in a position to respond. Like all idiots
they appear keen to demonstrate their stupidity. I thank them for
repairing me, but tell them to stick to repairing people rather than
pontificate on things about which they know little. It is important
to challenge idiots.

More importantly, I'm glad you are well enough to type into a
computer. That's a good sign.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Old September 20th 09, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alistair Gunn

David Hansen twisted the electrons to say:
I have had to give stern lectures to NHS idiots, those who think
they know something about reducing road crashes and through
arrogance think that they can inflict their worthless opinions on
people who are often not in a position to respond.

I remember wondering if I'd have to fend of "where you wearing a helmet"
style questions whilst I was waiting for the ambulance to turn up after I
was knocked off on th 30th November 2007. As it happens they never
mentioned the subject, but still managed to fail to cover themselves in
glory by failing to notice a fractured vertebra ...
Old September 20th 09, 04:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith M Smith

On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 13:26:12 +0100, Marc
wrote:

Brimstone wrote:
Marc wrote:
wrote:
[...]

well surely you don't think that Brimstone and Zit are doing just that
do you?

--
Latest DfT Figures: Passenger casualty rates by mode Per billion passenger kilometers:
Killed or seriously injured: Pedal Cyclists : 527 Pedestrians 371

Knocked off bike Steve Walford UK 8 October 27th 08 06:18 PM
Just been knocked off my bike!! [email protected] UK 18 March 22nd 08 09:37 PM
What to do when you are knocked off by another cyclist? David Green UK 12 May 29th 05 12:03 PM
Nearly knocked off by the plod. Simon Mason UK 6 September 25th 03 11:24 PM
Knocked off by a badger Gary Knighton UK 4 July 24th 03 12:43 AM