Psycholists of the future!

Old October 27th 10, 11:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Derek C

Default Psycholists of the future!

As I walked through a housing estate in Watford late this afternoon, a
group of young cyclists aged about 10 came round a corner on the
pavement. One lost control, crashed into me and fell off his bike.
Without a word of apology, he remounted his bike, laughed and rode
off! I was left with a large bruise on my leg.

Derek C
Old October 27th 10, 11:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 27/10/2010 23:20, Derek C wrote:

As I walked through a housing estate in Watford late this afternoon, a
group of young cyclists aged about 10 came round a corner on the
pavement. One lost control, crashed into me and fell off his bike.
Without a word of apology, he remounted his bike, laughed and rode
off! I was left with a large bruise on my leg.

How *dare* you complain!
Old October 28th 10, 07:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Derek C

On Oct 27, 11:49*pm, JNugent wrote:
On 27/10/2010 23:20, Derek C wrote:

As I walked through a housing estate in Watford late this afternoon, a
group of young cyclists aged about 10 came round a corner on the
pavement. One lost control, crashed into me and fell off his bike.
Without a word of apology, he remounted his bike, laughed and rode
off! I was left with a large bruise on my leg.

How *dare* you complain!

Oh sorry, I forgot that I was a pedestrian at the time and therefore
had no right to be on the pavement when the young cyclists wished to
use it!
Old October 28th 10, 08:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
mileburner

"Derek C" wrote in message
As I walked through a housing estate in Watford late this afternoon, a
group of young cyclists aged about 10 came round a corner on the
pavement. One lost control, crashed into me and fell off his bike.
Without a word of apology, he remounted his bike, laughed and rode
off! I was left with a large bruise on my leg.

Which estate was it?

Personally I would not refer to them as "cyclists" (though technically they
might be) but "kids on bikes". Meds will tell you they will grow out of it
and all be driving cars when they grow up. Going by some of the grotty
estates in Watford, he is probably right.

Old October 28th 10, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On 27 Oct, 23:20, Derek C wrote:
As I walked through a housing estate in Watford late this afternoon, a
group of young cyclists aged about 10 came round a corner on the
pavement. One lost control, crashed into me and fell off his bike.
Without a word of apology, he remounted his bike, laughed and rode
off! I was left with a large bruise on my leg.

Derek C

Kids of today, eh?

In my day, they would have been indoors studying Latin and practising
piano scales.
Children should not be outside happily playing. Tsk Tsk.

--
Simon Mason
Old October 28th 10, 09:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On 28 Oct, 07:14, Derek C wrote:
On Oct 27, 11:49*pm, JNugent wrote:

On 27/10/2010 23:20, Derek C wrote:

As I walked through a housing estate in Watford late this afternoon, a
group of young cyclists aged about 10 came round a corner on the
pavement. One lost control, crashed into me and fell off his bike.
Without a word of apology, he remounted his bike, laughed and rode
off! I was left with a large bruise on my leg.

How *dare* you complain!

Oh sorry, I forgot that I was a pedestrian at the time and therefore
had no right to be on the pavement when the young cyclists wished to
use it!

That's nothing. Wait ten years, be crossing the road and that kid will
leave you legless, and no apologies. They will have abandoned their
childish toys, and this, apparently, is improvement.

Old October 28th 10, 09:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_4_]

"Derek C" wrote in message
As I walked through a housing estate in Watford late this afternoon, a
group of young cyclists aged about 10 came round a corner on the
pavement. One lost control, crashed into me and fell off his bike.
Without a word of apology, he remounted his bike, laughed and rode
off! I was left with a large bruise on my leg.

Derek C

What right did you have to be on the pavement?

Old October 28th 10, 09:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On 28 Oct, 09:39, Squashme wrote:
That's nothing. Wait ten years, be crossing the road and that kid will
leave you legless, and no apologies. They will have abandoned their
childish toys, and this, apparently, is improvement.

Yes, I'd have started the thread with "boy racer yobbos in souped up
Novas of the future".

They actually *kill* people.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...1466-27381503/

--
Simon Mason
Old October 28th 10, 11:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 28/10/2010 08:42, mileburner wrote:
"Derek wrote in message
As I walked through a housing estate in Watford late this afternoon, a
group of young cyclists aged about 10 came round a corner on the
pavement. One lost control, crashed into me and fell off his bike.
Without a word of apology, he remounted his bike, laughed and rode
off! I was left with a large bruise on my leg.

Which estate was it?

Personally I would not refer to them as "cyclists" (though technically they
might be) but "kids on bikes".

Cyclists are incapable of wrong, so any cyclist doing something wrong isn't a
cyclist.

Simple.
Old October 28th 10, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

"Derek *wrote in message
As I walked through a housing estate in Watford late this afternoon, a
group of young cyclists aged about 10 came round a corner on the
pavement. One lost control, crashed into me and fell off his bike.
Without a word of apology, he remounted his bike, laughed and rode
off! I was left with a large bruise on my leg.

Which estate was it?

Personally I would not refer to them as "cyclists" (though technically they
might be) but "kids on bikes".

Cyclists are incapable of wrong, so any cyclist doing something wrong isn't a
cyclist.

Simple.

Good. You understand the principle. We do have standards. And a proper
cyclist would not have hit his leg as we tend to levitate in a godly
manner a foot or two above the ground. Glowing with beneficence.

http://www.worldometers.info/bicycles/

Psycholists don't need helmets Derek C UK 40 October 26th 10 08:14 AM
Psycholists don't need helmets Tony Raven[_3_] UK 5 October 24th 10 11:26 AM
Education of Psycholists JMS UK 33 July 29th 10 07:13 PM
Future uniextreme Unicycling 0 July 30th 05 06:28 AM
Future lancerfan119 Unicycling 0 July 30th 05 06:22 AM