Psycholists of the future!

Old October 28th 10, 01:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
mileburner

Default Psycholists of the future!

Squashme wrote:
On 28 Oct, 11:39, JNugent wrote:
On 28/10/2010 08:42, mileburner wrote:

"Derek wrote in message
As I walked through a housing estate in Watford late this
afternoon, a group of young cyclists aged about 10 came round a
corner on the pavement. One lost control, crashed into me and fell
off his bike. Without a word of apology, he remounted his bike,
laughed and rode off! I was left with a large bruise on my leg.

Which estate was it?

Personally I would not refer to them as "cyclists" (though
technically they might be) but "kids on bikes".

Cyclists are incapable of wrong, so any cyclist doing something
wrong isn't a cyclist.

Has Doug started posting as JNugent? Or has JNugent transported into
DougWorld?

Old October 28th 10, 03:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 28/10/2010 13:00, mileburner wrote:

Squashme wrote:
wrote:
mileburner wrote:
"Derek wrote:

As I walked through a housing estate in Watford late this
afternoon, a group of young cyclists aged about 10 came round a
corner on the pavement. One lost control, crashed into me and fell
off his bike. Without a word of apology, he remounted his bike,
laughed and rode off! I was left with a large bruise on my leg.

Which estate was it?

Personally I would not refer to them as "cyclists" (though
technically they might be) but "kids on bikes".

Cyclists are incapable of wrong, so any cyclist doing something
wrong isn't a cyclist.

Has Doug started posting as JNugent? Or has JNugent transported into
DougWorld?

I was paraphrasing your "argument".

Check out Karl Popper and black swans.
Old October 28th 10, 09:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marc[_5_]

On 28/10/2010 07:14, Derek C wrote:
On Oct 27, 11:49 pm, wrote:
On 27/10/2010 23:20, Derek C wrote:

As I walked through a housing estate in Watford late this afternoon, a
group of young cyclists aged about 10 came round a corner on the
pavement. One lost control, crashed into me and fell off his bike.
Without a word of apology, he remounted his bike, laughed and rode
off! I was left with a large bruise on my leg.

How *dare* you complain!

Oh sorry, I forgot that I was a pedestrian at the time and therefore
had no right to be on the pavement when the young cyclists wished to
use it!

You do seem to be incident prone.
Old October 28th 10, 11:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
DavidR[_2_]

"Derek C" wrote

As I walked through a housing estate in Watford late this afternoon, a
group of young cyclists aged about 10 came round a corner on the
pavement. One lost control, crashed into me and fell off his bike.
Without a word of apology, he remounted his bike, laughed and rode
off! I was left with a large bruise on my leg.

They were told by their non-cycling parents to ride on the pavement.

Psycholists don't need helmets Derek C UK 40 October 26th 10 08:14 AM
Psycholists don't need helmets Tony Raven[_3_] UK 5 October 24th 10 11:26 AM
Education of Psycholists JMS UK 33 July 29th 10 07:13 PM
Future uniextreme Unicycling 0 July 30th 05 06:28 AM
Future lancerfan119 Unicycling 0 July 30th 05 06:22 AM