Killer motorist given a slap on the wrist, as usual.

Old April 16th 11, 03:28 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

Default Killer motorist given a slap on the wrist, as usual.

On 16/04/2011 07:46, Doug wrote:
On Apr 16, 12:56 am, The Medway
wrote:
On 15/04/2011 06:54, Doug wrote:

I am constantly amazed that causing deaths on roads is treated so
lightly in our 'democratic' society. Is it because it has become so
common and an everyday experience or is it because drivers are
naturally assumed not to have full control of their vehicles. You tell
me!

I will. Its because its competitively rare. Cars are inherrently safe
& become safer every year.

Ah! The rarity argument again. If only a few people are killed it
doesn't matter, i.e. their deaths don't count and their relatives
should shut-up instead of making such a fuss.

Good point.

Tell it to some of those who are trying to "argue" that there doesn't need to
be any strengthening of the law against dangerous cycling because only a few
people are killed by it, and because the dead are only effin' pedestrians anyway.
Old April 16th 11, 04:01 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
nightjar

On 16/04/2011 07:46, Doug wrote:
On Apr 16, 12:56 am, The Medway
wrote:
On 15/04/2011 06:54, Doug wrote:

I am constantly amazed that causing deaths on roads is treated so
lightly in our 'democratic' society. Is it because it has become so
common and an everyday experience or is it because drivers are
naturally assumed not to have full control of their vehicles. You tell
me!

I will. Its because its competitively rare. Cars are inherrently safe
& become safer every year.

Ah! The rarity argument again. If only a few people are killed it
doesn't matter, i.e. their deaths don't count and their relatives
should shut-up instead of making such a fuss.

Stalin argued the opposite view: one death is a tragedy, a million are a
statistic.

Colin Bignell
Old April 16th 11, 04:08 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Adrian

"Nightjar \"cpb\"@" "insertmysurnamehere gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying:

Ah! The rarity argument again. If only a few people are killed it
doesn't matter, i.e. their deaths don't count and their relatives
should shut-up instead of making such a fuss.

Stalin argued the opposite view: one death is a tragedy, a million are a
statistic.

Have we finally found a difference between Duhg & Stalin?
Old April 19th 11, 07:46 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On Apr 16, 8:15*am, francis wrote:
On Apr 16, 7:46*am, Doug wrote:

On Apr 16, 12:56*am, The Medway Handyman
wrote: On 15/04/2011 06:54, Doug wrote:

I am constantly amazed that causing deaths on roads is treated so
lightly in our 'democratic' society. Is it because it has become so
common and an everyday experience or is it because drivers are
naturally assumed not to have full control of their vehicles. You tell
me!

I will. *Its because its competitively rare. *Cars are inherrently safe
& become safer every year.

Ah! The rarity argument again. If only a few people are killed it
doesn't matter, i.e. their deaths don't count and their relatives
should shut-up instead of making such a fuss.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.(Recently updated).
*http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Ah you mean like your rarity arguement 'because cyclists dont do much
damage to pedestrians it doesn't matter'

Not at all. Killer cyclists should be given the same treatment as
motorists who kill. Fortunately though there are so few killed by
cyclists it is less of a problem than those killed by motorists, who
are much more dangerous anyway.

Doug
Old April 19th 11, 10:21 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
BrianW[_2_]

On Apr 15, 6:44*am, Doug wrote:
On Apr 14, 9:03*am, "Norman Wells" wrote:

Doug wrote:
Where? Source? Quote?

What's the point of anyone giving you those, Doug?

You see, when I and others did in the "Euopean campaign to ensure that all
cosmetics sold in the EU are cruelty-free!" thread here just three days ago,
you just went silent. *Why didn't you reply to apologise for all your errors
and for trying to stir people into rebellion over nothing?

Why are you so reluctant to present your POV? Do you fear that it might
be challenged?

I think that's a question you should be answering actually in the thread I
mentioned.

Where? Source? Quote?

Here, Doug:
https://groups.google.com/group/uk.l...e86df46cb0 ff

It's an issue on which you went quiet before as well:
https://groups.google.com/group/uk.l...=d&q=cosmetic&

How about an answer to the issues, Doug?